Using Silica Water (Fiji Water) to Remove Aluminum

Tim Lundeen

I've been meaning to try Supersmart - Orthosilicic Acid -- has anyone used that? It's stabilized, looks like it should be as good as the high-silica water.

OP
Grapelander

Grapelander

I've been meaning to try Supersmart - Orthosilicic Acid -- has anyone used that? It's stabilized, looks like it should be as good as the high-silica water.
1616807486754.png

Silica Levels and cost. I bought the chemicals and a Brita filter - just need to put it together.

Lejeboca

Here is Christopher Exley, a chemist, also advocates for Fiji water to detox aluminum in an interview with Patrick Timpone on ORN:

I personally use horsetail (as tincture in microdoses) trying to be prudent with silica per Dr. Peat's warnings.

OP
Grapelander

Grapelander

Here is Christopher Exley, a chemist, also advocates for Fiji water to detox aluminum in an interview with Patrick Timpone on ORN:

I personally use horsetail (as tincture in microdoses) trying to be prudent with silica per Dr. Peat's warnings.
I bought Exley's book also! I like the Crouse book a little better as he shows how to make the water, how to make fluoride filters, etc. Both of them champion orthosilicic acid (OSA) as the way to chelate aluminum. If you look at the chart above, you'll see that most of the horsetail is silicon and not OSA; which is located on the bio-available column. The silicon is the abrasive part. If you do not want to make the silica water; buying a high OSA water works - but is more expensive.

Dissolved Silica as a supplement to remove Aluminum

Chapter 6 – Supplemental Dissolved Silica
The primary reason for taking supplemental silica is to decrease the accumulated aluminum burden of your body’s organs. This will lower the risk of diseases, such as Alzheimer’s, atherosclerosis, stroke, and cancer leading to greater longevity. In addition supplemental silica can decrease the symptoms of autism and improve male fertility. Orthosilicic acid (OSA) acts as a pH dependent selective chelator of aluminum. Unlike classical metal chelators, such as EDTA, that bind to a wide variety of metal ions, OSA binds only to aluminum hydroxide dimers at pH greater than 5.5 (see chapter 2). For example OSA does not bind to iron3+ that has the same size and ionic charge as aluminum. Remarkable OSA supplementation facilitates the removal of aluminum from bones that were once thought to be a stable sink for aluminum in the body.
The following conclusions were reached with rats on a supplemental silica diet that involved oral administration of dissolved silica as OSA in water at concentrations of 200 and 400ppm for 5 weeks with and without supplemental aluminum as discussed in chapter 2:
In every tissue and organ tested, including brain, bone, liver, spleen, and kidneys, the prior accumulated aluminum is reversed by supplemental OSA.
The reversal in aluminum accumulation is dose dependent averaging 58% with 200ppm of OSA and 79% with 400ppm of supplemental OSA after just 5 weeks.
OSA at twice its saturation level in water (e.g. 400ppm) is more effective at lowering aluminum accumulation than at its 200ppm saturation level. This implies that insoluble OSA oligomers (i.e. short polymers), formed in supersaturated OSA, may bind to some of the supplemental aluminum in the gut preventing aluminum absorption.
There is less supplemental aluminum in urine with 200ppm OSA supplementation than without 200ppm OSA supplementation. Therefore because OSA at 200ppm does not form oligomers, OSA monomers must also bind to some of the supplemental aluminum in the gut preventing aluminum absorption.
Orally taking supplemental OSA at concentrations over its saturation level (i.e. 200ppm) without sufficient water for dilution can result in painful silica kidney stones. Likewise taking dissolvable OSA polymers or magnesium silicate without sufficient water for dilution can also result in painful kidney stones as discussed in chapter 1. Therefore the safest and most effective silica supplement is OSA in water at a concentration of less than 200ppm.
The Good and the Bad Silica Supplements
In order to lower the body’s burden of accumulated aluminum the orally ingested silica supplement must absorbed by the gut and travel in the blood to the organs. This is called silica bioavailability. The more bioavailable a silica supplement is the more effective it is at facilitating the elimination in urine and sweat of accumulated aluminum. Therefore a bad silica supplement has low bioavailability and remains in the gut to be excreted as feces.

Some low bioavailability supplements are called “binders” and include colloidal suspensions of silica, plant fibers containing biosilifications, diatomaceous earth, clays, activated carbon, zeolites, and silica polymers. These binders are not worth taking, because the food we eat is a very effective binder for aluminum in the gut. 99.8% of the aluminum we ingest with food is not absorbed by the body and is instead bound to the undigested food and excreted in feces. Some of the remaining 0.2% of aluminum can be prevented from being absorbed into the blood by drinking supplemental dissolved OSA during or after a meal64. Some binders, such as zeolites and clays, contain complexed aluminum that in the acidity of the human gut can become labile ionic aluminum that is absorbed. Table 30 compares the good and bad silica supplements by their bioavailability of OSA.

Three to four cups a day of OSA rich silica water is recommended as a daily supplement. The half-life of absorbed OSA in the blood is approximately 3 hours. Therefore drinking a cup of OSA rich silica water every 3 to 4 hours during the day is the optimum strategy for aluminum elimination. Most people do not have side effects when drinking OSA rich silica water. However if you do have suspected side effects, cut back to 1 cup a day and slowly increase to 3 to 4 cups a day.
Note that The European Food Safety Authority therefore recommends that liquid choline stabilized OSA be taken at a maximum dose of 10 drops equivalent to 10 mg. of silicon complexed with 200mg of choline per day.

Natural OSA Rich Silica Water Supplements
Good silica supplements are high in dissolved OSA and include OSA rich silica waters and beers. The commercially available natural OSA rich silica waters that I have tested are indicated with a ”*”:
· Starkey Spring Water from Idaho is available from Whole Foods (94ppm OSA*)
· Fiji water from Fiji is available in the U.S. (122ppm OSA*)
· Volvic water from France is available in the U.S. and Europe (51 ppm OSA*)
· Gerolsteiner from Germany is available in Europe (64ppm OSA*)
· Spritzer Natural Mineral Water from Malaysia is available in Europe (69ppm OSA)
· Acilis water from Malaysia is available in Europe (88ppm OSA)

Elie

Forum Supporter
Beer as a source of silicon?

Abstract​

Dietary Si, as soluble orthosilicic acid (OSA), may be important for the growth and development of bone and connective tissue. Beer appears to be a major contributor to Si intake, although the Si content of beer and its bioavailability in human subjects have not been well established. Here we investigated the Si content of different beers and then estimated Si absorption from beer in healthy volunteers. The Si content of seventy-six different beers was estimated using inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectrometry and one of the beers, used in the ingestion study, was ultrafiltered to determine OSA content. Next, following the ingestion of 0.6 litres beer (22.5 mg Si; 4.6 % (v/v) ethanol), serum and urinary Si levels were measured in nine healthy volunteers over a 6 h period. A solution of OSA was similarly investigated as a positive control and water and 4.6 % ethanol as negative controls. The mean Si level of beer was 19.2 (sd 6.6) mg/l; the median Si level was 18.0 mg/l. There was no significant difference in the Si levels of the different beers by geographical origin or type of beer. Serum and urinary Si levels increased considerably following the ingestion of beer or a solution of OSA but not with the ingestion of either 4.6 % ethanol or water. The ultrafilterability of Si from beer (about 80 %) and its absorption in volunteers (about 55 %) was comparable with that of a solution of OSA suggesting that Si in beer is present chiefly in a monomeric form and is readily bioavailable.

Dave Clark

Been making the Silicaid for months, here is the link to compliment the video: Recipe to make your own Silica Water
Making the 'Fiji Water' costs about 5 cent/gallon, compare that to 3 or 4 dollars/liter of bought Fiji water..
Some more info: Sources of Aluminum in our daily lives

lilsticky

cant you just get it from beer

also i thought fiji was an organic source? that guy is putting adjuvant packets in his drinks

Dave Clark

Orthosilicic acid is different than just silicon dioxide. Do a search and find out how many foods are high in silica, and it makes you wonder how people can be anti-silica, seeing as all these 'healthy' foods have good amounts of silica in them. OSA is the soluble form of silica found in many foods. On this forum, to paint such a broad brush negatively about silica doesn't make sense, since we are all eating silica/OSA everyday, in our foods.

Motorneuron

didn't prof Exley maintained these supplements don't work and working form is only the natural occuring one in the above mentioned waters? Thanks

peatmoss

People who have been taking silica or drinking the water, can you honestly say you feel better?

Kray

Been making the Silicaid for months, here is the link to compliment the video: Recipe to make your own Silica Water
Making the 'Fiji Water' costs about 5 cent/gallon, compare that to 3 or 4 dollars/liter of bought Fiji water..
Some more info: Sources of Aluminum in our daily lives
Dave- are you still taking in silica water? A silica supplement was recently recommended to me for some skin issues. Did you know aboutor ever use this product? I've heard conflicting things on one of the key ingredients this brand uses- deuterium sulfate. But nowhere on the bottle does it list silica as an ingredient. Thanks for any feedback you might give.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 7.23.44 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 7.23.44 PM.png
    282.9 KB · Views: 7

Dave Clark

Dave- are you still taking in silica water? A silica supplement was recently recommended to me for some skin issues. Did you know aboutor ever use this product? I've heard conflicting things on one of the key ingredients this brand uses- deuterium sulfate. But nowhere on the bottle does it list silica as an ingredient. Thanks for any feedback you might give.
Yes. The best and cheapest way to get OSA into your body other than foods. Deuterium is not good from my understanding, and not sure why it would be an ingredient. You can buy Biosil and maybe other OSA supplements, but getting the base ingredients and making your own water is far cheaper, and according to Crouse, has more OSA. Once you buy the sodium silicate, sodium sulfate, and sodium bicarbonate {baking soda}, you are set. I bought my supply about three years ago and it didn't even take a dent out of the jars. Yeah, it takes a bit of effort, but not much, and saves quite a bit of money {have you seen the price of Fiji water, etc. which Silicade replicates in OSA?}. Follow Crouse's recipe, it is easy, and really, you can even skip the Brita filtering part if your water is clean and the chemicals have good purity, he just does that to make sure there is no aluminum left {but if your source water is pure and free of aluminum, and your chemicals have high purity, there should be no metals,, etc. in the water}.

Kray

Yes. The best and cheapest way to get OSA into your body other than foods. Deuterium is not good from my understanding, and not sure why it would be an ingredient. You can buy Biosil and maybe other OSA supplements, but getting the base ingredients and making your own water is far cheaper, and according to Crouse, has more OSA. Once you buy the sodium silicate, sodium sulfate, and sodium bicarbonate {baking soda}, you are set. I bought my supply about three years ago and it didn't even take a dent out of the jars. Yeah, it takes a bit of effort, but not much, and saves quite a bit of money {have you seen the price of Fiji water, etc. which Silicade replicates in OSA?}. Follow Crouse's recipe, it is easy, and really, you can even skip the Brita filtering part if your water is clean and the chemicals have good purity, he just does that to make sure there is no aluminum left {but if your source water is pure and free of aluminum, and your chemicals have high purity, there should be no metals,, etc. in the water}.
Thanks for all that, Dave. I tried Biosil years ago (I don't think it was as pricey as today) for a time. I seem to remember it was thought of as questionable as to its claims. Mind you, I think it was years before I ever heard of Fiji and the like. Whether or not one decides to supplement, you can't think it doesn't have health benefits.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom