Using Psychedelics To "Reset The Brain"

Frankdee20

I come across study after study of Psilocybin, DMT, LSD being used to reset the brains of Depressed people, and help alcoholics, etc. I can obtain Mushrooms, LSD, and 5MEODMT, and want to use these in small amounts to see if they can help. How exactly are they purported to reset the brain though ? They all agonize Serotonin receptors, especially 5ht2A. What are people's exp[eriences with these for such purpose ? There is no doubt, an afterglow that persists following the use of such drugs.

boris

I‘ve read that a single dose (for example 1-2g dried mushromms) can reset a depressed state and for highly depressed people the effect lasts for about 3 months before fading. I‘ve made a similar experience.

But you have to be in a good mood and a good setting when taking them. Mushrooms REALLY amplify whatever you are feeling in the moment.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Correct, that goes without saying for most Psychedelics.

boris

For mushrooms I would make a tea and discard the pieces as they can cause gut discomfort. Psylocybin dissolves in hot water.

Terence McKenna who is well known in the psychedelic space would get very bad trips later in life. They were so bad in fact that they left him shook and he never ate mushrooms again, but reportedly had no problems with pure psylocybin extract.

I suspect it was gut/serotonin issues that caused this.

Dino D

I know stories where psyd. Sent people to hell, like a turbo bad trip that gives you ptsd... also i know some folks who went on a radical hipie, evercleansing eversearching path of delusional spirituality, vegan propaganda, no work etics or real life jobs or lifestyles, a selfish pursuit of trying not to be selfish or whatever...
However, in most of the cases it didnt solve andything and the hype from the trip and aftereffects faded away and you get to ground 0 and just do whatever you had to do before... you will not become a happy wise budha with psyd.
Maybe a long path of dedicated work with a little bit of psyd. Can work...
So, eat and train for 5 years
Work on your personality 4 5 years
Meditate for 5 years
Take 3 psdy trips
Then repeat everything until you die...

I would go for salty 150 or more gram of protein, 50 or more gram of fat, 100-500 gram of carbs, training and something that people here dont have
Discipline and consistence for more then one day or weak ;)

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

For mushrooms I would make a tea and discard the pieces as they can cause gut discomfort. Psylocybin dissolves in hot water.

Terence McKenna who is well known in the psychedelic space would get very bad trips later in life. They were so bad in fact that they left him shook and he never ate mushrooms again, but reportedly had no problems with pure psylocybin extract.

I suspect it was gut/serotonin issues that caused this.
I know stories where psyd. Sent people to hell, like a turbo bad trip that gives you ptsd... also i know some folks who went on a radical hipie, evercleansing eversearching path of delusional spirituality, vegan propaganda, no work etics or real life jobs or lifestyles, a selfish pursuit of trying not to be selfish or whatever...
However, in most of the cases it didnt solve andything and the hype from the trip and aftereffects faded away and you get to ground 0 and just do whatever you had to do before... you will not become a happy wise budha with psyd.
Maybe a long path of dedicated work with a little bit of psyd. Can work...
So, eat and train for 5 years
Work on your personality 4 5 years
Meditate for 5 years
Take 3 psdy trips
Then repeat everything until you die...

I would go for salty 150 or more gram of protein, 50 or more gram of fat, 100-500 gram of carbs, training and something that people here dont have
Discipline and consistence for more then one day or weak ;)

I agree, when I was a kid, I took LSD at 19, and it was so strong on that occasion that it sent me to hell, and I do not think my brain has ever been the same since.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

I think anything that activates 5ht2A gives me almost flashback like anxiety to that LSD trip.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

I think Tryptamines would be worse for my mind than Phenyethylamines like Mescaline, and MDMA.

Inaut

I’ve done a good amount of mushrooms in my relatively short life. The first time i did them it was an unreal experience. Doors of perception were opened/William Blake kind of experience. Every time after that it was less and less euphoric and more frantic/scattered. Could have been that my health was deterioting slowly over the course of those years and it was just a reflection of my state of health.... I did mushrooms by myself mainly to get into get into introspection and resolved quite a few mental issues for a period of time. Anyways, the last time I did them, I saw what i thought was a strand of DNA in my vision.::. Afterwards, I had terrible gut rot and terrible floaters on my eyes for 4 days afterwards. If you do them, microdose it or do enough for a profound experience and cherish it. “Learn and integrate” was something I wrote down during one of my trips that has stayed with me for years

End of story

boris

I approve @Inaut 's and @Dino D 's message.

I did only 1 full dose some years ago. You can get some profound insights that can guide you for years. I noticed that when I implemented these insight the euphoria would keep going. When I slacked and ignored what I learned in that experience or something would keep me from implementing it, my health declined.

In my opinion microdosing and long term usage is counter productive. Same goes for weed.

Last edited:
OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

I’ve done a good amount of mushrooms in my relatively short life. The first time i did them it was an unreal experience. Doors of perception were opened/William Blake kind of experience. Every time after that it was less and less euphoric and more frantic/scattered. Could have been that my health was deterioting slowly over the course of those years and it was just a reflection of my state of health.... I did mushrooms by myself mainly to get into get into introspection and resolved quite a few mental issues for a period of time. Anyways, the last time I did them, I saw what i thought was a strand of DNA in my vision.::. Afterwards, I had terrible gut rot and terrible floaters on my eyes for 4 days afterwards. If you do them, microdose it or do enough for a profound experience and cherish it. “Learn and integrate” was something I wrote down during one of my trips that has stayed with me for years

End of story

There is definately a tolerance that develops rather quickly, and even a cross tolerance between Tryptamines, and phenylethylamines even, whereby the intensity will diminish. I would think microdosing would create less and less impact after a while, unless it does downregulate some receptors. Eye floaters make sense because Serotonin is involved with Occipital Lobe function.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Anybody ever experience 5meoDMT ?

What are people's exp[eriences with these for such purpose ?

I did a mushroom marathon one day in which I consumed what I'm guessing was about about 9 grams of mushrooms. I ate as many as I could stomach and nothing else until around 6PM that night (started at 7AM)... Was in pure muscle spasms stuck to the floor during the hours of 12-4P.

I don't recommend eating them raw because the spores likely gave me a parasitic infection that I'm dealing with now. In retrospect, I would've made a tea to see how that went.

Before this I was drinking 6-8cups of black coffee and smoking 1.5-2g weed daily. Stopped both cold turkey the next morning, realizing what I was looking for in those was already in me awaiting expression.

Breathing is consciousness is life is a gift is God. Everything starts with the lungs and it's not our choice to inhale... But it is our choice to exhale.

LUH 3417

Maybe you need your brain?
Psychedelics have given me “clarity” and body awareness but there is always work to be done and taking more psychedelics never helped me do that work. I’m kind of scared to do them now.
I also think they caused some crazy gut issues as my stomach used to rumble like wild and I’m still bloated from my microdosing experiment.

TheSir

From Peatian perspective psychedelics burn through excessive serotonin, allowing for a low serotonin high dopamine afterglow that lasts as long as it takes for you to become serotonin dominant again. It's a great tool for serotonin dominance, but absolutely the wrong choice for serotonin insufficiency.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

From Peatian perspective psychedelics burn through excessive serotonin, allowing for a low serotonin high dopamine afterglow that lasts as long as it takes for you to become serotonin dominant again. It's a great tool for serotonin dominance, but absolutely the wrong choice for serotonin insufficiency.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Great point, do you think low serotonin causes bad trips ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals