Uses Of Urea - KMUD, 2015-02-20

Giraffe

I had parts of interviews transcribed and now started to complete them with bits and pieces from the Search engine transcripts.

Thanks again, @co2islife !

So here we go:

Uses of Urea - KMUD, 2015-02-20

transcribed by L-I-G-H-T and Giraffe

HD - Andrew Murray
RP - Ray Peat

HD: ... this month’s ongoing subject is the use of urea in the treatment of various pathologies. We are also going to get into a recapitulation if you like about isoflavones, soy products etc., things that are touted as being helpful, and where the mistakes have come from, because I know Dr. Peat has at length discussed various of these subjects and there is no science behind it, but unfortunately they are still portrayed in the mainstream is very helpful along with the fish oil. So we can get into that later on after the topic of urea in the treatment of disease. Dr. Peat, are you with us?

RP: Yes.

HD: Thanks for joining us. For those listeners who have tuned in for the first time, would you just discuss your professional and academic backgrounds?

RP:
I don't really have a professional background I guess, but academically I've studied various things, MA in humanities, and then 1968 to 72 I got a Ph.D. in biology, specializing in reproductive physiology and the biochemistry related to it, but I've been talking to lots of people about biological ideas for about 50 years. So my education comes in a lot of nonacademic ways.

HD: We talked a little while ago about the use of urea in cancer treatment with reference to Dr. Evangelos Danopoulos, a Greek medical doctor who I think was conferred up an honorary professorship. He published quite a few peer reviewed papers in respected medical journals, those being things like the Lancet and in the Journal Clinical Oncology. Urea, a simple compound, totally non-toxic, extremely inexpensive and very well tolerated is used around the world for various things, from skin conditions to these cancers we talked about. What is your interpretations of the mechanism by which urea is affecting this anticancer activity, and then we get into some of the outright experiments that were done.

RP: I think one of the essential things is that it inhibits nitric oxide formation, and nitric oxide formation is probably the main means by which stress of any kind can turn off oxidative energy production. And so anything that will turn off nitric oxide excess will restore energy production, and restoring energy production has all kinds of even structural ramifications, the constant consumption of oxygen is maintaining and renewing the microscopic structure of a cell.

The "membrane people" about 50 years ago were arguing that the membrane is semi-permeable, and it does have pumps, and cell energy has to run those pumps, but in fact there are no demonstrated pumps, and the pumps that they postulated would take many times more energy than a cell could ever produce. The cell is doing something with its energy very different from maintaining osmotic balance: it's maintaining the structure in a anatomically fine sense, [the] structure right down to the electronic relations of atoms to each other, and it’s this kind of balance that urea participates in directly as well as helping to prevent the loss of the oxidative production of energy, so that the energy produces this structure, which has all of the properties of life, and urea fits into that in a unique way. So that... The normal amount in the blood is just a few milligrams per 100 cc's of blood, but you can increase that to a 1,000 mg ... 2 to a 100 ... almost 1% of the blood without disturbing things physiologically.

And Danopoulos found that when he got the blood level up to at least 85 mg %, more than 10 times the normal amount, the cancers would start disappearing. And so it’s a matter of concentration. Even before that concentration, it will have shut down the production and action of nitric oxide, but then it has these structure stabilizing effects. It fits right into the way water is structured, and it increases the ability of the cell's natural hormones to structure the water and protein system the way the cell wants to structure. So it is like urea is supporting what the cell wants to do even when at these extremely high concentrations.

HD: So it is little bit similar to the electronic state structuring water when we talk about structured water, do you think?

RP: Yah, it’s exactly what the oxidative system is doing to the electrons. It is preventing an excess of electrons. And toxins and carcinogens and radiation are doing exactly the opposite: they are putting too many loose electrons into the wrong places.

HD: Alright, by your description, too many loose electrons, we can imagine those as being what they call the damaging free radicals and things like.

RP: Even more extensive than that. It’s... The chemical system of the proteins contains a lot of sulfhydryl compounds, glutathione that a lot of doctors are using intravenously as an antistress thing. This is a sulfur compound maintained by energy rich fuel molecules, but it maintains a certain degree of oxidation in balance with sulfhydryl groups attached to the proteins, and the proteins are in there like a reservoir of electrons at the right energy level, and the oxygen metabolism besides providing ATP and other forms of energy is preventing an overflow of loose electrons getting into the structure of the proteins, and too many electrons will dedifferentiate the cell, move it towards non- oxidative energy production and the formation of lactic acid, which can start vicious circles.

HD: I read several abstracts of work done with several groups of people with cancer. We have talked about the treatment of liver cancer with urea, but its use in the treatment of ocular cancers, melanomas and basal cell carcinomas, was interesting, too.

RP: These articles on that have photographs that show very vividly the correction, the elimination of the cancer and restoration of normal tissue. And one of the interesting things about urea is that at these very high concentrations it is so stabilizing to normal tissue that it prevents the formation of deforming scars. In a 1935 publication someone was describing its use in treating wounds of all kinds, packing crystals right into the wound or the ulcer or whatever was an open damage to the organism, putting the solid urea into it and leaving it would clear up the infection and stimulate healing but it would heal without visible scarring.

HD: It promoted a fairly rapid granulation tissue in the wounds, and that was part of its mechanism by which it achieved such good wound healing.

RP: Yah. I was seeing a story about the African spiny mouse that can regenerate its tissue very quickly, like they mentioned that punching a hole in the skin, it could close the wound by almost two-thirds in the first day and in three or four days the wound would be healed without a scar.

HD: This, I think from an energies perspective, is quite interesting. It’s a bit of a sidetrack from the subject, but young children and young adults, they heel rapidly compared to the older people, and that is got to be down to an electronic energy state within the organism, correct?

RP: Yah, the oxidative metabolism slows down from an early embryonic development down to old age; there is a steady decrease of oxidative metabolism.

HD: It's a downfall of all of us who are gradually aging. So in order to stave off that kind of electronic degradation and the inability to oxidatively repair: What do you think are some of the best tactics that people can use to maintain the ability to stave off that damage.

RP: In the uterus the developing embryo also heals without scarring. I think two factors are involved in that: the high carbon dioxide level and the higher urea and related compounds in the amniotic fluid. These... In the adult also pure carbon dioxide gas can be blown into an ulcer and stimulate healing, control other symptoms, reduce pain and so on. but I think that as soon as an organism is born it starts interacting with the outside environment where in the uterus it was getting its energy filtered through the placenta and making its own fat out of the glucose and fructose that were provided to it, and the organism using carbohydrate for energy produces saturated fats or omega-9 unsaturated fats. And when we come into the world, we're exposed to the fats produced by organisms living at a lower temperature generally, and the colder a plant is exposed to, the more unsaturated its fats are, and they're of a different type than we would make [in] our cells. And those interrupt our oxidative metabolism to the extent that we become saturated with them, and that happens progressively from the time we are born into old age generally.

HD: So Dr. Peat, just going back to Dr. Danopoulos's work with cancer, he had quite a few cases of cancer that were completely healed. And I just find it so shocking when here is scientific evidence, peer reviewed in scientific magazines that are portraying various other experiments from drug companies and/or individual research from universities, that showed what happened, and I just find it hard to believe that this kind of thing doesn't perpetuate itself and become common knowledge to the point where it is actually taken out by academic institutes and made more viable.

RP: Medical journals depend on the pharmaceutical industry largely, and urea that sells for a couple dollars per pound or something, isn’t a very good drug, especially a drug that cures isn't a good drug even if it's expensive. A cheap drug that cures just won't work in the medical system.

HD: I wanted to bring this up for all those that are listening: We have a free choice. To find information, rather than just listening to whatever it is that we are being told by whoever, is always a good idea. There is lots of bad information on the internet, but there's also lots of places where you can read scientific medical information that you know is been researched, and you know it has been pretty well scrutinized, and one that is telling you that this kind of thing is being used to treat a cancer, is very hard to ignore.

You might want to look at Dr. Danopoulos’s work in the late 70s and in the early 80s and his approach to the treatment of liver disease with urea as well as the cancers of the eye. Urea is extremely non-toxic, it's kind of odorless and tasteless, and it doesn't really have anything negative going for it: it is very well tolerated.

So I know some of the instances where he [Dr. Evangelos Danopoulos] is quoting case histories here. I'll be using something like under one of the quotes, use 15 g of urea in a quart of water and this was to be drunk daily. So this was just a total amount of urea to be consumed every hour or so in the waking hour from 9 or 10 o'clock through till 6 or 7 in the afternoon so 15 g of urea.

And then there were injections that were done between 15 of 50%. I think the average was kind of 20 to 25% urea solution for skin tumors, and that was found to be highly effective. He was using urea at a level of 75 to 85 mg percent. So do you know roughly what that would equate to? 75 to 85 mg percent that would be... ?

RP: I think it requires taking quite a bit more than 15 grams per day. Some of the studies were using up to a 120 grams per day divided up in doses of about 15 grams at a time.

And in the 1950s it was probably the main treatment used for brain swelling, reducing brain edema because a lot of people were thinking of it as an osmotic treatment, and it was displaced by various osmotic substances with the idea that you would make the blood hyperosmotic to draw the excess water out of the brain into the blood, but urea isn't osmotically active because it goes right into the cells. And to be osmotically active, as to be like sodium, that stays outside the cell or like sucrose or some of the sugars that can’t be absorbed... but urea goes into the cell, sort of soothes the cell's excitation, changes its electronic balance and lets so the cell excrete, give up the water that it doesn't need, very much the way progesterone and thyroid work, adjusting the electronic state, so that the ion exchange system and electronic affinity for water is down graded, so that it doesn't bind so much water.

HD: Okay.

RP: That same anti-edema effect is still here and there used for treating congestive heart failure.

RP: I was looking up the Mexican pharmacopeia, and I see that they still list urea to treat the edema of heart failure because it's a diuretic. It makes the kidneys work better, but it also causes the muscles and other organs to not retain water so greedily.

HD: So you are saying up to 120 g a day?

RP: Yah, for getting rid of excess water. That was the amount they use.

HD: In conjunction with urea therapy they also mentioned a compound called creatine hydrate, saying that the two of these compounds together were even more effective at treating these cancers than the urea alone. Do you know much about creatine hydrate?

RP: No, I think it's probably having some of the physical effects similar to urea, but it also enters into the energy storage and management system.

HD: The other thing that caught my attention [...] these things can go by and not make a big dent to a big impact [...] But the use of white and brown mushrooms to inhibit aromatase and prevent breast cell proliferation, they were talking about 10 grams of mushroom a day, presumably this is cooked up because I know, you have mentioned that regular white mushrooms and browns mushrooms actually contain a fairly carcinogenic compound, but a 10 g of cooked mushrooms a day reduce breast cancer by 64% and then with the addition of a daily gram of green tea leaves, which we probably all those health-conscious people have probably heard about the antioxidant benefits of green tea with the addition of a single gram of green tea leaves, they get up to 89% reduction in breast cancer, I find that incredible.

RP: Yah, you would think that there would be more news about that.

HD: I think we have a caller. You are the air.

Caller: [talks about indigenous people using urine for healing purposes]

HD: Dr. Peat, do you think that there is anything to be said for the supposed sterility of urine, given they don’t have a urinary tract infection, but its sterility and the high concentration of urea in urine?

RP: Yah, I have known quite a few people who did it regularly and seemed extremely healthy.

HD: Yeah.

RP: And it's been ... The Chinese use it, for example, and one of their interpretations was that it was the steroids. They concentrated things like the metabolites of progesterone and pregnenolone from the urine and use these to extend the lives of the kings and rich people.

Caller: [If somebody take your philosophy seriously (fats more saturated in warm climate, getting plenty of sunlight, a higher level of CO2 in high altitude places), do you think they would find that men evolved in equatorial (possibly high-altitude) areas, and that moving away from the equator is where a lot of the problems started?]

RP: Yah, that is my orientation on the issue of origins: high-altitude, warm climate, lots of fruit, and all foods would be more saturated in a more equatorial environment.

Caller: Do you think in general that people studying science know, that that is the case? Or probably not because they are not warning us about polyunsaturated fats, and they are not telling us we need more sunlight. They must be oblivious to that, I guess.

RP: I ran across publications in some of the early well-known food journals 40, 50 years ago showing that the fats vary with the climate, and that the fats have a definite function, some of them are functioning to protect the plants against animal predators by poisoning them, so they put lots of unsaturated fats in their seeds. That was recognized 40 years ago that the seed oils are biological defenses... [inaudible]

Caller: [People should keep in mind where they evolved, and that they need certain types of food, and that they are not getting enough sunlight when they are further north.]

RP: Yah and previously when it was summer in the high latitudes, people were outside, farming, herding the sheep or whatever, getting lots of sunlight exposure, and in the last 100 years people have sort of moved indoors and gotten sicker. I think largely from deficiency of sunlight.

HD: I don’t want to interrupt too much, but we do have three other callers on the line. We will move on to next person, so the other two get a chance. Next caller, you are on the air.

Caller: I have taken fish oil, and I'm hearing you were going to talk about the negative effects... [inaudible].

HD: Yeah, it’s unfortunate for you that the research that is out there does not make it to the popular mainstream as quickly as it would be good if it did. It is certainly taking a U-turn now, and I know, Dr. Peat, you spent quite a lot of your life researching the polyunsaturated and how damaging they are. If you want to briefly give the gentleman caller a synopsis of the polyunsaturated especially the fish oil and how damaging it is for you?

RP: The majority of the oils that we store are unsaturated. Our cells prefer to oxidize saturated fats, and so even when we eat a mixed fat diet, our tissues with aging tend to load up on the unsaturated. And the n-3 fats ... the double bonds are farther from the acidic and which is what is handled biologically, and the acid end protects against oxidation. So the n-3 fats are more unstable in the presence of oxygen, and so we don't store so much of those. So with aging, our bloodstream... every time we’re slightly stressed, our bloodstream gets a fairly high concentration of n-6 fatty acids which produce the toxic prostaglandins that produce brain cell damage and inflammation and so on. And so, if you take a meal, a fish or eat some fish oil, these oxidize very quickly and form compounds that will interfere with the formation of prostaglandins, but in doing that they are also suppressing the immune system, but you get temporary relief to the extent that you're overloaded with the most toxic n-6 fatty acids. So the people experience some relief of inflammation when they take fish oil, but in the long run that’s doing its own damage because it's so highly oxidizable. In some experiments the n-3 fats increased the metastatic spread of cancer cells.

HD: Okay did you get that, caller?

Caller: Yes, I did. What would you recommend to promote healthy brain function or maybe even regeneration of brain cells instead of fish oil?

HD: Well, I know Dr. Peat definitely espouses the saturated fats as very protective, both stabilizing cell membranes, being cardiovascularly protective, which is not what you’ll hear if you read the newspapers or magazine articles, but in terms of the anti-inflammatory effects, the saturated fat is definitely better with brain functions, stabilizing the membranes and brains. So coconut oil, palm oil, butter, animal fats and I am going to say a caveat to add to the statement animal fat, you need to make sure the animals are certified organic, otherwise most of all the residues of whatever pesticides or hormones or antibiotics that are treated with will wind up in their fat, so you don't want to eat the fat of a nonorganic animal.

RP: And it depends on what fat the animals were being fed, chickens are highly polyunsaturated, pork for the last 50 years has been very full of polyunsaturated fats even though lots of science papers are treating lard as a saturated fat with 35% or so of PUFA in it, definitely a risky fat.

HD: Okay, so we do have three more callers on the line. Let’s move onto the next callers.

Caller: My question has to do with breast health. What I would like to ask is that you addressed urea in reference to breast health and particularly fibroids.

HD: Okay, Dr. Peat did you hear that, the reference is to breast health and fibroids and the benefits of urea.

RP: I don't know of any particular treatments or programs for those with urea, but the diet that favors the formation of urea rather than its antithesis nitric oxide... It happens that the amino acid arginine can either form nitric oxide or urea, and irritants, anything toxic, tends to shift it away from forming urea and going to nitric oxide. So avoiding the polyunsaturated fats helps you maintain the proper amount of urea formation.

HD: There is plenty of scientific evidence to show that estrogens are actually very damaging and that in terms of breast health and fibroids. Dr. Peat you would agree that estrogen is probably one of the main contributory factors for fibroids.

RP: Oh definitely, low thyroid causes the ratio of estrogen to progesterone and androgens to be very high, and both endometriosis, uterine fibroids and also breast fibrocystic disease: all of these go with high estrogen, low progesterone and low thyroid function.

HD: Caller, is that of help in any way?

Caller: Yeah, it does thank you very much.

HD: You are welcome. If we get a chance here, we will get into the negative effects of estrogen and talk about isoflavones, but we do have a couple more callers. Let’s take this next caller. Caller you are on air and where are you from.

Caller: [Severe sleep issues] I heard that tart cherry juice gives sleep, but I haven't tried that. But everything I’ve tried over the counter, medications, nothing helped.

HD: Dr. Peat, it’s probably an over-adrenaline situation, but how would you best describe to this lady what she could do to get some sleep?

RP: Checking and having a test for thyroid function is important.

Caller: My sister has Graves’ disease.

HD: There you go.

HD: Go ahead, Dr. Peat.

RP: The blood sugar is always a problem at night. The effect of daylight is to maintain efficient oxidative metabolism, and just 15 minutes of darkness is enough to lower the efficiency of mitochondrial respiration. And so keeping very bright lights right up until bedtime will minimize the fall of blood sugar, but having a carbohydrate meal late in the afternoon or before bed, a glass of orange juice or milk with honey. Sometimes just the dose of sugar is enough to put you to sleep for an hour and a half or two hours. And it takes time for the liver to start storing glycogen, so it's good to have another glass ready for when you wake up or have another dose of orange juice or milk and sugar. And salty things, salty snacks at bedtime help to stabilize the blood sugar and energy production, so like a milk and maybe salty tortilla chips or puffed pork rinds something a salty snack as well as…

Caller: Even with high blood pressure, is this okay ? [inaudible] so low now.

RP: You have to take into account, what drug you're taking, but vitamin K is a very important nutrient for regulating blood sugar, blood calcium and blood pressure. I have known people who in a week or two lowered their blood pressure by 100 points, 240 to 140 systolic pressure.

Caller: Really from taking vitamin K?

RP: Yah. And if you already have normal blood pressure, you have to be cautious and watch what happens if you supplement large amounts of vitamin K.

Caller: How much would that take?

RP: 5 or 10 milligrams is a pretty safe dose.

Caller: How about vitamin D?

RP: That's essential. If you aren't getting regular sunlight or using a D supplement, you probably should have a blood test because low blood vitamin D found around 20 on the scale should be around 50 points, between 30 and the 100 is the normal range, but ...

Caller: Okay, I am sorry to interrupt. So just get a complete blood panel like.

RP: You have to ask for a specific vitamin D3 test.

Caller: Oh, vitamin D3 test. Okay.

RP: You don't want the activated vitamin D. It is the 25-hydroxycholecalciferol that you want to measure and that's very important. Both vitamin K and vitamin D prevent the excitatory excess, and so it’s essential to have your calcium regulated.

Caller: Could I ask you how I could speak to you. You have an office in Garberville?.

HD: Dr. Peat does not have an office in Garberville, but I do. If you wanted, you could consult with me at any point in time. You can just contact me on Monday through Friday. I'll give the number out at the end of the show.

Caller: Okay great. Thank you, good bye.

HD: You are welcome. We do have two more callers on the air. So let’s take the next caller. Caller you are on the air.

Caller: Okay, I have got a couple of questions. One: I want to know about this urea. If it’s so good for cancer, and you say even cancer of the liver, I know liver cancer is very difficult to treat, why is this not a more popular treatment?

HD: Yeah, it is a good question. I don’t want to say it's conspiracy, but I think sometimes simple things get buried, and I think the truth is that when things are so simple, they'll quickly get buried under a pile of papers that is supporting the latest and greatest treatments, and as we know there is no real treatment for cancer. I think the cancer industry probably has one of the worst track records going for cures.

Caller: What it seems like, I mean I have a friend that has got over cancer with radiation and chemotherapy, and she has beat it and she had couple of large tumors, so these things do work, maybe not always 100%, but more than they used to.

HD: Yeah, I think there are lots of things that account for though in terms of relapses with initial treatments, but it is not to say that everybody you know gets a relapse and ends up with cancer down the line. The five-year mortality for cancers of postoperative are pretty poor in most cases.

Caller: Well, they get a little time anyway. If they don’t do anything they die.

HD: Oh yeah.

Caller: Now the other thing I wanted to know is: I was taking something called glucosamine MSM for joint flexibility. What is this MSM? They said it was a sulfur that your cells needed or something. Is that important? Should they take it as a supplement?

HD: It is a sulfur compound. Dr. Peat, what do you have to say about MSM?

RP: I think you should be very cautious and read some of the actual research articles on PubMed about it. And the glucosamine which was the...?

Caller: Glucosamine with MSM.

RP: The glucosamine is suspected of being a factor in creating diabetes, if you take too much of it for too long.

Caller: Oh, but what about the MSM, what is the problem with that?

RP: That it can be toxic in itself.

Caller: Toxic how? I mean, how much would that be? They told me it was something that your cells needed to be healthy.

RP: No, cells definitely don't need it. It's tolerated in fairly large amounts, but it can also be toxic in those amounts.

Caller: Okay, so what were the amounts that are safe?

RP: Well, I wouldn’t...

Caller: You don’t know.

Okay the other one thing I want to ask: you were saying that fish oil is not so good, but I heard that fish oils like omega-3 are really good for the heart. What do you think about that?

RP: No. Studies have all ended up pretty negative.

Caller: What studies are negative?

RP: When it’s used for a short period, you can do things like lowering cholesterol and lowering blood pressure, but it ends up with the toxic immune suppressive effects...

HD: And also its thyroid suppressive effects very negatively impact the energy supply and the energy production.

Caller: You are saying that the omega-3 lower the thyroid function?

HD: Yah, they are specifically thyroid toxics.

Caller: Really?

Caller: I have to take thyroid.

HD: Yeah, okay so they produce the by-products of these polyunsaturated oils, the lipofuscin is one of the main thyroid suppressive compounds, and indeed as Dr. Peat says, whilst in a short term somebody who has plaques, psoriasis may benefit from it. The actual reason for it is, that the immune system itself is being impacted negatively and suppressed, and therefore there is not such excitation going on with rapid cell turnover and the immune system.

Caller: Then why is it so popular?

HD: It is so popular because it is an extremely profitable product.

Caller: Like margarine?

HD: It is a waste product.

Caller: Okay. One more thing: sesame [inaudible] that’s made out of sesame seed, is that...?

HD: The same problem. It is a liquid oil. It is polyunsaturated. People don't get oil out of nuts and seeds, you know, it just doesn't happen. A very small amount, consumed as either sesame or Brazil nut or peanut or whatever nut oil, is consuming a lot of the product that you would never normally get exposed to, and this is a whole rationale behind understanding the negative impacts of these oils.

Caller: So you don’t think that sesame seed has good stuff for you.

HD: No, none of it. They very easily rancify. They extremely quickly oxidize and turn into sticky goo on the top of the jar. Anybody can take the top of a canola jar or fish oil bottle and see how sticky it is, and that is because your oil was been so quickly oxidized, and in your body the same thing happens and the oxidative damage is extremely damaging.

Caller: Oh, you can tell that’s rancid by the smell and the taste that is very obvious.

HD: Coconut oil does not go rancid. You could keep coconut oil for years and it will not go rancid because it's so stable.

Caller: Are any nuts good for you?

HD: Not really, I think the one of the only nuts that might be worth a mention perhaps is the Mauna Loa produced macadamia nuts.

Caller: I was seeing on Dr. Oz that he said the cashew nuts were very healthy.

HD: Yeah, unfortunately no.

Caller: Okay and what about CoQ10, is that a good thing to take?

HD: Dr. Peat, what you have to say about CoQ10?

RP: I think it is good. It works with vitamin K to stabilize energy production.

Caller: Does vitamin K help vitamin D work better?

RP: Yah, they both do different things, but they regulate calcium, and vitamin K has that extra function at stabilizing energy and brain chemistry.

Caller: Thank you. Bye, bye.

HD: Thank you. We do have another caller, but if we can get this next caller's question asked and answered in a couple of minutes, Dr. Peat, that would be great.

RP: Okay.

HD: Go ahead caller, you are on the air.

Caller: You discussed how it takes four years to change the saturated fat ratio of yourselves to a healthy range. What if you're overweight? Does it take longer to achieve this healthy ratio?

HD: Dr. Peat, if somebody was obese, and they had all this excess body fat, which naturally would be pretty highly unsaturated. How would they go about changing the composition of their fat not only by changing their diet to only include saturated fats, but how would they gently exercise and lose weight to do that safely?

RP: Having your thyroid at the right level is one thing and supplementing vitamin E, because when you're losing stored fat, it's going to travel through your bloodstream, and so you want to have a steady supply of vitamin E coming in (maybe 50 mg a day would help) and a lot of fruits. Orange juice, for example, has safe antioxidants besides vitamin C that protect your blood vessels as the fat is being removed. And keeping your temperature steady at 98.6 or close to it during the daytime keeps you burning your energy productively rather than destructively.

HD: So caller, there you go.

Caller: Well, then as long as you retain the weight then, you still have an issue then with unsaturated fat cells. Is that correct?

RP: Yes, when you lose the fat, you're going to expose your tissues to that polyunsaturated fat that is in storage. And if you keep your liver energetic with a good diet, enough protein (80 to 100 g a day of good protein) and keep your thyroid function up, your liver will be able to dispose of some of that unsaturated fat as a toxin without having to oxidize it.

HD: So gentle exercise, keep yourself self warm, make thyroid functions working well, consume saturated fats, lots of OJ and other fructose containing fruits and/or fruit juices to speed up your metabolism and then coconut oil, obviously, is a thermogenic alternative to polyunsaturates as a saturated fat. Okay, well unfortunately that’s all we have time for so thanks to those people who have called in. Thank you so much for joining us, Dr. Peat.

RP: Okay, thank you.

Last edited:

burtlancast

Thanks Giraffe, that show was very informative.

Here's my verified part.

Attachments

• Uses of urea, KMUD, 2015-02-20.doc
    74.5 KB · Views: 77
  • Uses of urea, KMUD, 2015-02-20.pdf
    85.7 KB · Views: 75

akgrrrl

I had parts of interviews transcribed and now started to complete them with bits and pieces from the Search engine transcripts.

Thanks again, @co2islife !

So here we go:

Uses of Urea - KMUD, 2015-02-20

transcribed by L-I-G-H-T and Giraffe

HD - Andrew Murray
RP - Ray Peat

HD: ... this month’s ongoing subject is the use of urea in the treatment of various pathologies. We are also going to get into a recapitulation if you like about isoflavones, soy products etc., things that are touted as being helpful, and where the mistakes have come from, because I know Dr. Peat has at length discussed various of these subjects and there is no science behind it, but unfortunately they are still portrayed in the mainstream is very helpful along with the fish oil. So we can get into that later on after the topic of urea in the treatment of disease. Dr. Peat, are you with us?

HD: Thanks for joining us. For those listeners who have tuned in for the first time, would you just discuss your professional and academic backgrounds?

RP: I don't really have a professional background I guess, but academically I've studied various things, MA in humanities, and then 1968 to 72 I got a Ph.D. in biology, specializing in reproductive physiology and the biochemistry related to it, but I've been talking to lots of people about biological ideas for about 50 years. So my education comes in a lot of nonacademic ways.

HD: We talked a little while ago about the use of urea in cancer treatment with reference to Dr. Evangelos Danopoulos, a Greek medical doctor who I think was conferred up an honorary professorship. He published quite a few peer reviewed papers in respected medical journals, those being things like the Lancet and in the Journal Clinical Oncology. Urea, a simple compound, totally non-toxic, extremely inexpensive and very well tolerated is used around the world for various things, from skin conditions to these cancers we talked about. What is your interpretations of the mechanism by which urea is affecting this anticancer activity, and then we get into some of the outright experiments that were done.

RP: I think one of the essential things is that it inhibits nitric oxide formation, and nitric oxide formation is probably the main means by which stress of any kind can turn off oxidative energy production. And so anything that will turn off nitric oxide excess will restore energy production, and restoring energy production has all kinds of even structural ramifications, the constant consumption of oxygen is maintaining and renewing the microscopic structure of a cell.

The "membrane people" about 50 years ago were arguing that the membrane is semi-permeable, and it does have pumps, and cell energy has to run those pumps, but in fact there are no demonstrated pumps, and the pumps that they postulated would take many times more energy than a cell could ever produce. The cell is doing something with its energy very different from maintaining osmotic balance: it's maintaining the structure in a anatomically fine sense, [the] structure right down to the electronic relations of atoms to each other, and it’s this kind of balance that urea participates in directly as well as helping to prevent the loss of the oxidative production of energy, so that the energy produces this structure, which has all of the properties of life, and urea fits into that in a unique way. So that... The normal amount in the blood is just a few milligrams per 100 cc's of blood, but you can increase that to a 1,000 mg ... 2 to a 100 ... almost 1% of the blood without disturbing things physiologically.

And Danopoulos found that when he got the blood level up to at least 85 mg %, more than 10 times the normal amount, the cancers would start disappearing. And so it’s a matter of concentration. Even before that concentration, it will have shut down the production and action of nitric oxide, but then it has these structure stabilizing effects. It fits right into the way water is structured, and it increases the ability of the cell's natural hormones to structure the water and protein system the way the cell wants to structure. So it is like urea is supporting what the cell wants to do even when at these extremely high concentrations.

HD: So it is little bit similar to the electronic state structuring water when we talk about structured water, do you think?

RP: Yah, it’s exactly what the oxidative system is doing to the electrons. It is preventing an excess of electrons. And toxins and carcinogens and radiation are doing exactly the opposite: they are putting too many loose electrons into the wrong places.

HD: Alright, by your description, too many loose electrons, we can imagine those as being what they call the damaging free radicals and things like.

RP: Even more extensive than that. It’s... The chemical system of the proteins contains a lot of sulfhydryl compounds, glutathione that a lot of doctors are using intravenously as an antistress thing. This is a sulfur compound maintained by energy rich fuel molecules, but it maintains a certain degree of oxidation in balance with sulfhydryl groups attached to the proteins, and the proteins are in there like a reservoir of electrons at the right energy level, and the oxygen metabolism besides providing ATP and other forms of energy is preventing an overflow of loose electrons getting into the structure of the proteins, and too many electrons will dedifferentiate the cell, move it towards non- oxidative energy production and the formation of lactic acid, which can start vicious circles.

HD: I read several abstracts of work done with several groups of people with cancer. We have talked about the treatment of liver cancer with urea, but its use in the treatment of ocular cancers, melanomas and basal cell carcinomas, was interesting, too.

RP: These articles on that have photographs that show very vividly the correction, the elimination of the cancer and restoration of normal tissue. And one of the interesting things about urea is that at these very high concentrations it is so stabilizing to normal tissue that it prevents the formation of deforming scars. In a 1935 publication someone was describing its use in treating wounds of all kinds, packing crystals right into the wound or the ulcer or whatever was an open damage to the organism, putting the solid urea into it and leaving it would clear up the infection and stimulate healing but it would heal without visible scarring.

HD: It promoted a fairly rapid granulation tissue in the wounds, and that was part of its mechanism by which it achieved such good wound healing.

RP: Yah. I was seeing a story about the African spiny mouse that can regenerate its tissue very quickly, like they mentioned that punching a hole in the skin, it could close the wound by almost two-thirds in the first day and in three or four days the wound would be healed without a scar.

HD: This, I think from an energies perspective, is quite interesting. It’s a bit of a sidetrack from the subject, but young children and young adults, they heel rapidly compared to the older people, and that is got to be down to an electronic energy state within the organism, correct?

RP: Yah, the oxidative metabolism slows down from an early embryonic development down to old age; there is a steady decrease of oxidative metabolism.

HD: It's a downfall of all of us who are gradually aging. So in order to stave off that kind of electronic degradation and the inability to oxidatively repair: What do you think are some of the best tactics that people can use to maintain the ability to stave off that damage.

RP: In the uterus the developing embryo also heals without scarring. I think two factors are involved in that: the high carbon dioxide level and the higher urea and related compounds in the amniotic fluid. These... In the adult also pure carbon dioxide gas can be blown into an ulcer and stimulate healing, control other symptoms, reduce pain and so on. but I think that as soon as an organism is born it starts interacting with the outside environment where in the uterus it was getting its energy filtered through the placenta and making its own fat out of the glucose and fructose that were provided to it, and the organism using carbohydrate for energy produces saturated fats or omega-9 unsaturated fats. And when we come into the world, we're exposed to the fats produced by organisms living at a lower temperature generally, and the colder a plant is exposed to, the more unsaturated its fats are, and they're of a different type than we would make [in] our cells. And those interrupt our oxidative metabolism to the extent that we become saturated with them, and that happens progressively from the time we are born into old age generally.

HD: So Dr. Peat, just going back to Dr. Danopoulos's work with cancer, he had quite a few cases of cancer that were completely healed. And I just find it so shocking when here is scientific evidence, peer reviewed in scientific magazines that are portraying various other experiments from drug companies and/or individual research from universities, that showed what happened, and I just find it hard to believe that this kind of thing doesn't perpetuate itself and become common knowledge to the point where it is actually taken out by academic institutes and made more viable.

RP: Medical journals depend on the pharmaceutical industry largely, and urea that sells for a couple dollars per pound or something, isn’t a very good drug, especially a drug that cures isn't a good drug even if it's expensive. A cheap drug that cures just won't work in the medical system.

HD: I wanted to bring this up for all those that are listening: We have a free choice. To find information, rather than just listening to whatever it is that we are being told by whoever, is always a good idea. There is lots of bad information on the internet, but there's also lots of places where you can read scientific medical information that you know is been researched, and you know it has been pretty well scrutinized, and one that is telling you that this kind of thing is being used to treat a cancer, is very hard to ignore.

You might want to look at Dr. Danopoulos’s work in the late 70s and in the early 80s and his approach to the treatment of liver disease with urea as well as the cancers of the eye. Urea is extremely non-toxic, it's kind of odorless and tasteless, and it doesn't really have anything negative going for it: it is very well tolerated.

So I know some of the instances where he [Dr. Evangelos Danopoulos] is quoting case histories here. I'll be using something like under one of the quotes, use 15 g of urea in a quart of water and this was to be drunk daily. So this was just a total amount of urea to be consumed every hour or so in the waking hour from 9 or 10 o'clock through till 6 or 7 in the afternoon so 15 g of urea.

And then there were injections that were done between 15 of 50%. I think the average was kind of 20 to 25% urea solution for skin tumors, and that was found to be highly effective. He was using urea at a level of 75 to 85 mg percent. So do you know roughly what that would equate to? 75 to 85 mg percent that would be... ?

RP: I think it requires taking quite a bit more than 15 grams per day. Some of the studies were using up to a 120 grams per day divided up in doses of about 15 grams at a time.

And in the 1950s it was probably the main treatment used for brain swelling, reducing brain edema because a lot of people were thinking of it as an osmotic treatment, and it was displaced by various osmotic substances with the idea that you would make the blood hyperosmotic to draw the excess water out of the brain into the blood, but urea isn't osmotically active because it goes right into the cells. And to be osmotically active, as to be like sodium, that stays outside the cell or like sucrose or some of the sugars that can’t be absorbed... but urea goes into the cell, sort of soothes the cell's excitation, changes its electronic balance and lets so the cell excrete, give up the water that it doesn't need, very much the way progesterone and thyroid work, adjusting the electronic state, so that the ion exchange system and electronic affinity for water is down graded, so that it doesn't bind so much water.

RP: That same anti-edema effect is still here and there used for treating congestive heart failure.

RP: I was looking up the Mexican pharmacopeia, and I see that they still list urea to treat the edema of heart failure because it's a diuretic. It makes the kidneys work better, but it also causes the muscles and other organs to not retain water so greedily.

HD: So you are saying up to 120 g a day?

RP: Yah, for getting rid of excess water. That was the amount they use.

HD: In conjunction with urea therapy they also mentioned a compound called creatine hydrate, saying that the two of these compounds together were even more effective at treating these cancers than the urea alone. Do you know much about creatine hydrate?

RP: No, I think it's probably having some of the physical effects similar to urea, but it also enters into the energy storage and management system.

HD: The other thing that caught my attention [...] these things can go by and not make a big dent to a big impact [...] But the use of white and brown mushrooms to inhibit aromatase and prevent breast cell proliferation, they were talking about 10 grams of mushroom a day, presumably this is cooked up because I know, you have mentioned that regular white mushrooms and browns mushrooms actually contain a fairly carcinogenic compound, but a 10 g of cooked mushrooms a day reduce breast cancer by 64% and then with the addition of a daily gram of green tea leaves, which we probably all those health-conscious people have probably heard about the antioxidant benefits of green tea with the addition of a single gram of green tea leaves, they get up to 89% reduction in breast cancer, I find that incredible.

RP: Yah, you would think that there would be more news about that.

HD: I think we have a caller. You are the air.

Caller: [talks about indigenous people using urine for healing purposes]

HD: Dr. Peat, do you think that there is anything to be said for the supposed sterility of urine, given they don’t have a urinary tract infection, but its sterility and the high concentration of urea in urine?

RP: Yah, I have known quite a few people who did it regularly and seemed extremely healthy.

RP: And it's been ... The Chinese use it, for example, and one of their interpretations was that it was the steroids. They concentrated things like the metabolites of progesterone and pregnenolone from the urine and use these to extend the lives of the kings and rich people.

Caller: [If somebody take your philosophy seriously (fats more saturated in warm climate, getting plenty of sunlight, a higher level of CO2 in high altitude places), do you think they would find that men evolved in equatorial (possibly high-altitude) areas, and that moving away from the equator is where a lot of the problems started?]

RP: Yah, that is my orientation on the issue of origins: high-altitude, warm climate, lots of fruit, and all foods would be more saturated in a more equatorial environment.

Caller: Do you think in general that people studying science know, that that is the case? Or probably not because they are not warning us about polyunsaturated fats, and they are not telling us we need more sunlight. They must be oblivious to that, I guess.

RP: I ran across publications in some of the early well-known food journals 40, 50 years ago showing that the fats vary with the climate, and that the fats have a definite function, some of them are functioning to protect the plants against animal predators by poisoning them, so they put lots of unsaturated fats in their seeds. That was recognized 40 years ago that the seed oils are biological defenses... [inaudible]

Caller: [People should keep in mind where they evolved, and that they need certain types of food, and that they are not getting enough sunlight when they are further north.]

RP: Yah and previously when it was summer in the high latitudes, people were outside, farming, herding the sheep or whatever, getting lots of sunlight exposure, and in the last 100 years people have sort of moved indoors and gotten sicker. I think largely from deficiency of sunlight.

HD: I don’t want to interrupt too much, but we do have three other callers on the line. We will move on to next person, so the other two get a chance. Next caller, you are on the air.

Caller: I have taken fish oil, and I'm hearing you were going to talk about the negative effects... [inaudible].

HD: Yeah, it’s unfortunate for you that the research that is out there does not make it to the popular mainstream as quickly as it would be good if it did. It is certainly taking a U-turn now, and I know, Dr. Peat, you spent quite a lot of your life researching the polyunsaturated and how damaging they are. If you want to briefly give the gentleman caller a synopsis of the polyunsaturated especially the fish oil and how damaging it is for you?

RP: The majority of the oils that we store are unsaturated. Our cells prefer to oxidize saturated fats, and so even when we eat a mixed fat diet, our tissues with aging tend to load up on the unsaturated. And the n-3 fats ... the double bonds are farther from the acidic and which is what is handled biologically, and the acid end protects against oxidation. So the n-3 fats are more unstable in the presence of oxygen, and so we don't store so much of those. So with aging, our bloodstream... every time we’re slightly stressed, our bloodstream gets a fairly high concentration of n-6 fatty acids which produce the toxic prostaglandins that produce brain cell damage and inflammation and so on. And so, if you take a meal, a fish or eat some fish oil, these oxidize very quickly and form compounds that will interfere with the formation of prostaglandins, but in doing that they are also suppressing the immune system, but you get temporary relief to the extent that you're overloaded with the most toxic n-6 fatty acids. So the people experience some relief of inflammation when they take fish oil, but in the long run that’s doing its own damage because it's so highly oxidizable. In some experiments the n-3 fats increased the metastatic spread of cancer cells.

HD: Okay did you get that, caller?

Caller: Yes, I did. What would you recommend to promote healthy brain function or maybe even regeneration of brain cells instead of fish oil?

HD: Well, I know Dr. Peat definitely espouses the saturated fats as very protective, both stabilizing cell membranes, being cardiovascularly protective, which is not what you’ll hear if you read the newspapers or magazine articles, but in terms of the anti-inflammatory effects, the saturated fat is definitely better with brain functions, stabilizing the membranes and brains. So coconut oil, palm oil, butter, animal fats and I am going to say a caveat to add to the statement animal fat, you need to make sure the animals are certified organic, otherwise most of all the residues of whatever pesticides or hormones or antibiotics that are treated with will wind up in their fat, so you don't want to eat the fat of a nonorganic animal.

RP: And it depends on what fat the animals were being fed, chickens are highly polyunsaturated, pork for the last 50 years has been very full of polyunsaturated fats even though lots of science papers are treating lard as a saturated fat with 35% or so of PUFA in it, definitely a risky fat.

HD: Okay, so we do have three more callers on the line. Let’s move onto the next callers.

Caller: My question has to do with breast health. What I would like to ask is that you addressed urea in reference to breast health and particularly fibroids.

HD: Okay, Dr. Peat did you hear that, the reference is to breast health and fibroids and the benefits of urea.

RP: I don't know of any particular treatments or programs for those with urea, but the diet that favors the formation of urea rather than its antithesis nitric oxide... It happens that the amino acid arginine can either form nitric oxide or urea, and irritants, anything toxic, tends to shift it away from forming urea and going to nitric oxide. So avoiding the polyunsaturated fats helps you maintain the proper amount of urea formation.

HD: There is plenty of scientific evidence to show that estrogens are actually very damaging and that in terms of breast health and fibroids. Dr. Peat you would agree that estrogen is probably one of the main contributory factors for fibroids.

RP: Oh definitely, low thyroid causes the ratio of estrogen to progesterone and androgens to be very high, and both endometriosis, uterine fibroids and also breast fibrocystic disease: all of these go with high estrogen, low progesterone and low thyroid function.

HD: Caller, is that of help in any way?

Caller: Yeah, it does thank you very much.

HD: You are welcome. If we get a chance here, we will get into the negative effects of estrogen and talk about isoflavones, but we do have a couple more callers. Let’s take this next caller. Caller you are on air and where are you from.

Caller: [Severe sleep issues] I heard that tart cherry juice gives sleep, but I haven't tried that. But everything I’ve tried over the counter, medications, nothing helped.

HD: Dr. Peat, it’s probably an over-adrenaline situation, but how would you best describe to this lady what she could do to get some sleep?

RP: Checking and having a test for thyroid function is important.

Caller: My sister has Graves’ disease.

HD: There you go.

HD: Go ahead, Dr. Peat.

RP: The blood sugar is always a problem at night. The effect of daylight is to maintain efficient oxidative metabolism, and just 15 minutes of darkness is enough to lower the efficiency of mitochondrial respiration. And so keeping very bright lights right up until bedtime will minimize the fall of blood sugar, but having a carbohydrate meal late in the afternoon or before bed, a glass of orange juice or milk with honey. Sometimes just the dose of sugar is enough to put you to sleep for an hour and a half or two hours. And it takes time for the liver to start storing glycogen, so it's good to have another glass ready for when you wake up or have another dose of orange juice or milk and sugar. And salty things, salty snacks at bedtime help to stabilize the blood sugar and energy production, so like a milk and maybe salty tortilla chips or puffed pork rinds something a salty snack as well as…

Caller: Even with high blood pressure, is this okay ? [inaudible] so low now.

RP: You have to take into account, what drug you're taking, but vitamin K is a very important nutrient for regulating blood sugar, blood calcium and blood pressure. I have known people who in a week or two lowered their blood pressure by 100 points, 240 to 140 systolic pressure.

Caller: Really from taking vitamin K?

RP: Yah. And if you already have normal blood pressure, you have to be cautious and watch what happens if you supplement large amounts of vitamin K.

Caller: How much would that take?

RP: 5 or 10 milligrams is a pretty safe dose.

Caller: How about vitamin D?

RP: That's essential. If you aren't getting regular sunlight or using a D supplement, you probably should have a blood test because low blood vitamin D found around 20 on the scale should be around 50 points, between 30 and the 100 is the normal range, but ...

Caller: Okay, I am sorry to interrupt. So just get a complete blood panel like.

RP: You have to ask for a specific vitamin D3 test.

Caller: Oh, vitamin D3 test. Okay.

RP: You don't want the activated vitamin D. It is the 25-hydroxycholecalciferol that you want to measure and that's very important. Both vitamin K and vitamin D prevent the excitatory excess, and so it’s essential to have your calcium regulated.

Caller: Could I ask you how I could speak to you. You have an office in Garberville?.

HD: Dr. Peat does not have an office in Garberville, but I do. If you wanted, you could consult with me at any point in time. You can just contact me on Monday through Friday. I'll give the number out at the end of the show.

Caller: Okay great. Thank you, good bye.

HD: You are welcome. We do have two more callers on the air. So let’s take the next caller. Caller you are on the air.

Caller: Okay, I have got a couple of questions. One: I want to know about this urea. If it’s so good for cancer, and you say even cancer of the liver, I know liver cancer is very difficult to treat, why is this not a more popular treatment?

HD: Yeah, it is a good question. I don’t want to say it's conspiracy, but I think sometimes simple things get buried, and I think the truth is that when things are so simple, they'll quickly get buried under a pile of papers that is supporting the latest and greatest treatments, and as we know there is no real treatment for cancer. I think the cancer industry probably has one of the worst track records going for cures.

Caller: What it seems like, I mean I have a friend that has got over cancer with radiation and chemotherapy, and she has beat it and she had couple of large tumors, so these things do work, maybe not always 100%, but more than they used to.

HD: Yeah, I think there are lots of things that account for though in terms of relapses with initial treatments, but it is not to say that everybody you know gets a relapse and ends up with cancer down the line. The five-year mortality for cancers of postoperative are pretty poor in most cases.

Caller: Well, they get a little time anyway. If they don’t do anything they die.

HD: Oh yeah.

Caller: Now the other thing I wanted to know is: I was taking something called glucosamine MSM for joint flexibility. What is this MSM? They said it was a sulfur that your cells needed or something. Is that important? Should they take it as a supplement?

HD: It is a sulfur compound. Dr. Peat, what do you have to say about MSM?

RP: I think you should be very cautious and read some of the actual research articles on PubMed about it. And the glucosamine which was the...?

Caller: Glucosamine with MSM.

RP: The glucosamine is suspected of being a factor in creating diabetes, if you take too much of it for too long.

Caller: Oh, but what about the MSM, what is the problem with that?

RP: That it can be toxic in itself.

Caller: Toxic how? I mean, how much would that be? They told me it was something that your cells needed to be healthy.

RP: No, cells definitely don't need it. It's tolerated in fairly large amounts, but it can also be toxic in those amounts.

Caller: Okay, so what were the amounts that are safe?

RP: Well, I wouldn’t...

Caller: You don’t know.

Okay the other one thing I want to ask: you were saying that fish oil is not so good, but I heard that fish oils like omega-3 are really good for the heart. What do you think about that?

RP: No. Studies have all ended up pretty negative.

Caller: What studies are negative?

RP: When it’s used for a short period, you can do things like lowering cholesterol and lowering blood pressure, but it ends up with the toxic immune suppressive effects...

HD: And also its thyroid suppressive effects very negatively impact the energy supply and the energy production.

Caller: You are saying that the omega-3 lower the thyroid function?

HD: Yah, they are specifically thyroid toxics.

Caller: Really?

Caller: I have to take thyroid.

HD: Yeah, okay so they produce the by-products of these polyunsaturated oils, the lipofuscin is one of the main thyroid suppressive compounds, and indeed as Dr. Peat says, whilst in a short term somebody who has plaques, psoriasis may benefit from it. The actual reason for it is, that the immune system itself is being impacted negatively and suppressed, and therefore there is not such excitation going on with rapid cell turnover and the immune system.

Caller: Then why is it so popular?

HD: It is so popular because it is an extremely profitable product.

Caller: Like margarine?

HD: It is a waste product.

Caller: Okay. One more thing: sesame [inaudible] that’s made out of sesame seed, is that...?

HD: The same problem. It is a liquid oil. It is polyunsaturated. People don't get oil out of nuts and seeds, you know, it just doesn't happen. A very small amount, consumed as either sesame or Brazil nut or peanut or whatever nut oil, is consuming a lot of the product that you would never normally get exposed to, and this is a whole rationale behind understanding the negative impacts of these oils.

Caller: So you don’t think that sesame seed has good stuff for you.

HD: No, none of it. They very easily rancify. They extremely quickly oxidize and turn into sticky goo on the top of the jar. Anybody can take the top of a canola jar or fish oil bottle and see how sticky it is, and that is because your oil was been so quickly oxidized, and in your body the same thing happens and the oxidative damage is extremely damaging.

Caller: Oh, you can tell that’s rancid by the smell and the taste that is very obvious.

HD: Coconut oil does not go rancid. You could keep coconut oil for years and it will not go rancid because it's so stable.

Caller: Are any nuts good for you?

HD: Not really, I think the one of the only nuts that might be worth a mention perhaps is the Mauna Loa produced macadamia nuts.

Caller: I was seeing on Dr. Oz that he said the cashew nuts were very healthy.

HD: Yeah, unfortunately no.

Caller: Okay and what about CoQ10, is that a good thing to take?

HD: Dr. Peat, what you have to say about CoQ10?

RP: I think it is good. It works with vitamin K to stabilize energy production.

Caller: Does vitamin K help vitamin D work better?

RP: Yah, they both do different things, but they regulate calcium, and vitamin K has that extra function at stabilizing energy and brain chemistry.

Caller: Thank you. Bye, bye.

HD: Thank you. We do have another caller, but if we can get this next caller's question asked and answered in a couple of minutes, Dr. Peat, that would be great.

RP: Okay.

HD: Go ahead caller, you are on the air.

Caller: You discussed how it takes four years to change the saturated fat ratio of yourselves to a healthy range. What if you're overweight? Does it take longer to achieve this healthy ratio?

HD: Dr. Peat, if somebody was obese, and they had all this excess body fat, which naturally would be pretty highly unsaturated. How would they go about changing the composition of their fat not only by changing their diet to only include saturated fats, but how would they gently exercise and lose weight to do that safely?

RP: Having your thyroid at the right level is one thing and supplementing vitamin E, because when you're losing stored fat, it's going to travel through your bloodstream, and so you want to have a steady supply of vitamin E coming in (maybe 50 mg a day would help) and a lot of fruits. Orange juice, for example, has safe antioxidants besides vitamin C that protect your blood vessels as the fat is being removed. And keeping your temperature steady at 98.6 or close to it during the daytime keeps you burning your energy productively rather than destructively.

HD: So caller, there you go.

Caller: Well, then as long as you retain the weight then, you still have an issue then with unsaturated fat cells. Is that correct?

RP: Yes, when you lose the fat, you're going to expose your tissues to that polyunsaturated fat that is in storage. And if you keep your liver energetic with a good diet, enough protein (80 to 100 g a day of good protein) and keep your thyroid function up, your liver will be able to dispose of some of that unsaturated fat as a toxin without having to oxidize it.

HD: So gentle exercise, keep yourself self warm, make thyroid functions working well, consume saturated fats, lots of OJ and other fructose containing fruits and/or fruit juices to speed up your metabolism and then coconut oil, obviously, is a thermogenic alternative to polyunsaturates as a saturated fat. Okay, well unfortunately that’s all we have time for so thanks to those people who have called in. Thank you so much for joining us, Dr. Peat.

RP: Okay, thank you.
I just wanted you to know that over the last year, I count 6 ppl in my "circle" from TX to WY, MT and AK that I sent this transcript to. It was the KEY that got them to accept all the other things I had sent them regarding urea/urine therapies. This week as the 6th person (who had terrible toenail fungus) now sits on the edge of his tub with his toes in a small bowl of his morning pee LOL , has told me he is healed.
Thankyou again for taking the time to translate and post.

OP
Giraffe

Giraffe

I just wanted you to know that over the last year, I count 6 ppl in my "circle" from TX to WY, MT and AK that I sent this transcript to. It was the KEY that got them to accept all the other things I had sent them regarding urea/urine therapies. This week as the 6th person (who had terrible toenail fungus) now sits on the edge of his tub with his toes in a small bowl of his morning pee LOL , has told me he is healed.
Thankyou again for taking the time to translate and post.
I am glad to hear that it helped you to help other people. :carrot2

LadyRae

Where/how to best supplement urea? I see creams online and plant fertilizer powder...

akgrrrl

Where/how to best supplement urea? I see creams online and plant fertilizer powder...
I dont have a source to offer other than we make our own. Our own stem cells included. Another of that group I mentioned had terrible scalp psoriasis. I convinced her to capture her morning urine and put it in a plastic mustard or ketchup squeeze bottle, ya know the red or yellow ones for picnics? She laid in her tub and squeezed it on her scalp, 5 minutes. Rinsed with a jug of water then ran her hot tub like normal and shampooed. Said it took 5x but all gone now. I would maybe do a search for urea crystals, cuz I have read ppl use them for wound care.
We have been told for decades its just waste product, yet cultures world over use it for lotsa stuff. Hmmmm

LadyRae

I dont have a source to offer other than we make our own. Our own stem cells included. Another of that group I mentioned had terrible scalp psoriasis. I convinced her to capture her morning urine and put it in a plastic mustard or ketchup squeeze bottle, ya know the red or yellow ones for picnics? She laid in her tub and squeezed it on her scalp, 5 minutes. Rinsed with a jug of water then ran her hot tub like normal and shampooed. Said it took 5x but all gone now. I would maybe do a search for urea crystals, cuz I have read ppl use them for wound care.
We have been told for decades its just waste product, yet cultures world over use it for lotsa stuff. Hmmmm
Well. I have spoken here and there in this forum in various threads about my 300 mile backpacking trip last August through the North Cascades along the Pacific Crest trail. There was a period of about a week where I would drink a full cup of my urine in the mid-afternoon when I was feeling tired, after we'd hiked 10 to 13 miles or so... and had a few more to go to get to our destination that day. It was amazing how good it made me feel and just a couple minutes!

My 18 year old daughter was horrified, but even when I was drinking electrolyte mixes and eating beef jerky and putting straight salt under my tongue, nothing helped like pee! Bwahaha😆

akgrrrl

Well. I have spoken here and there in this forum in various threads about my 300 mile backpacking trip last August through the North Cascades along the Pacific Crest trail. There was a period of about a week where I would drink a full cup of my urine in the mid-afternoon when I was feeling tired, after we'd hiked 10 to 13 miles or so... and had a few more to go to get to our destination that day. It was amazing how good it made me feel and just a couple minutes!

My 18 year old daughter was horrified, but even when I was drinking electrolyte mixes and eating beef jerky and putting straight salt under my tongue, nothing helped like pee! Bwahaha😆
Thanks for sharing! We have a lot to overcome, that ICK factor they been training us so long.. Dr.Edward Groups website is full of info! And, dare we realize that newborn babies were swimmin in it before being born?

LadyRae

Thanks for sharing! We have a lot to overcome, that ICK factor they been training us so long.. Dr.Edward Groups website is full of info! And, dare we realize that newborn babies were swimmin in it before being born?
I have four kids, one of which was born at home. I never let anyone wash the babies after the birth but instead we would just rub in the vernix...

L_C

Health Natura sells as well. I have never taken it orally but I love to use it in my skin creams.