US Is Officially Reversing Its Decades-long Position On Cholesterol

haidut

Forum Supporter
I thought we'd never see this but I guess the evidence finally accumulated to the point where it can no longer be ignored. More importantly, and sadly, the people behind the decision state that the current recommendations on salt and saturated fat are also wrong but it is not likely to see change any time soon.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larryhusten ... olesterol/

"...The draft of the new report [PDF] states: ”Cholesterol is not considered a nutrient of concern for overconsumption.”"

"...“It’s the right decision,” Steve Nissen told USA Today. “We got the dietary guidelines wrong. They’ve been wrong for decades.” Nissen also said that advice about reducing saturated fat and salt may be wrong, but no major change in these areas is expected in the new guidelines."

messtafarian

I'm so annoyed at this point by the crap the US government has put us through. Endless, pointless illness and toxicity, just disgusting. And in the 1970's people were losing weight and curing heart disease and diabetes with the Atkins Diet -- why? Not because of lack of sugar but because of the extra protein and saturated fat and the fat soluble vitamins the food mafia hadn't tainted yet.

I remember at some point around then all snack food makers switched from coconut oil to vegetable oil because saturated fat caused heart disease.

Unbelievable.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
messtafarian said:
I'm so annoyed at this point by the crap the US government has put us through. Endless, pointless illness and toxicity, just disgusting. And in the 1970's people were losing weight and curing heart disease and diabetes with the Atkins Diet -- why? Not because of lack of sugar but because of the extra protein and saturated fat and the fat soluble vitamins the food mafia hadn't tainted yet.

I remember at some point around then all snack food makers switched from coconut oil to vegetable oil because saturated fat caused heart disease.

Unbelievable.

As you can see there was no apology or anything, even though the truth about cholesterol has been known for at least 100 years. I wonder if they will keep the same straight face when (and IF) they reverse their guidelines on cancer treatment given that a lot more people died directly due to those guidelines than due to the cholesterol guidelines. I just can't see them announcing with a straight face "yeah, chemo and radiation were wrong, and we knew were wrong for decades. So, it's all good now". That may be one of the reasons we have not seen changes in cancer treatment guidelines yet - too many potential class action lawsuits if it turns out enough people knew the guidelines were wrong for decades.

messtafarian

Yep, I know. I don't believe a single word that gets sewn into the common vocabulary anymore. It's just...horrifying.

johns74

The U.S. government is not a doctor or a health organization, so anyone who listens to them on health has many serious problems and is likely to make other damaging mistakes. It's like asking a baker how to make trampolines. It makes no sense.

johns74

messtafarian said:
I don't think doctors or health organizations quite know what they're talking about either...

Correct. So it makes even less sense to ask those questions to organizations unrelated to health. What most governments have in common is that they persecute (some, not all) killers and thieves. How having that specialty makes you particularly good at health is beyond me.

nikotrope

I talked to my brother-in-law at Christmas who is a freshly new doctor because he was talking about making cakes with margarine. I wondered why he'd use margarine instead of butter and he told me that margarine had less calories. And it's in France, the country of butter and raw cheese! I would have been less shocked if he told me it was because of the PUFA!

When a doctor's view is as simplistic as that after 9 years of studying how the human body works, I find it very scary.

dd99

johns74 said:
The U.S. government is not a doctor or a health organization, so anyone who listens to them on health has many serious problems and is likely to make other damaging mistakes. It's like asking a baker how to make trampolines. It makes no sense.

Some people are forced to listen. My two year old son is at nursery. The staff there have to adhere to government food guidelines. That means vegetable oil instead of butter, beans instead of meat and bread with everything. Every nursery is the same and there is no alternative, unfortunately - except quitting my job to look after him myself.

pboy

I agree johns, but yea they make it like very hard...as a kid, I was forced to get vaccines just to go to school and play sports, even recreationally outside of school...and like, parents weren't gonna home school me and didn't let me graduate early even though I had prepared for it...then in university, same thing...I eventually stopped going, the forced vaccine being the final straw

but im so much better off now, like ...eff that whole thing man, my life has been a million times better and my true growth since I stopped on purpose listening to that whole ***t, family, everyone tried to get me multiple times to 'go see this person for this or that' and im like no ...and things always worked out better. I haven't even taken anything over the counter or been to any medical anything in 7+ years, basically since I had a choice

their parasitic tentacles go much deeper than the actual stuff they do, because if infects peoples minds like the 'genetics' thing, no one even takes step one to find actual causes for anything, its like their connection and trust in their own senses and faculties don't mean anything...that's like...so bad its hard to describe. Internal faculties are supposed to be everything in terms of your guide

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom