Uridine Monophosphate For Fatty Liver/weight Problems/depression/anxiety/insomnia

GorillaHead

Tired 350mg today sublinguily. I felt super clear and great. Could be placebo. Will need to wait for a final assessment.
I think uridine supplementation. Only has an affect on those who need it. Whatever that may mean.

rob

Tired 350mg today sublinguily. I felt super clear and great. Could be placebo. Will need to wait for a final assessment.
I think uridine supplementation. Only has an affect on those who need it. Whatever that may mean.

Encouraging but, yeah, best to check not placebo.

Regarding people’s negative responses, it seems at least in areas of the brain like the PFC, dopamine benefits follow a inverted u shape with dosing. So too little is bad and too much is bad too. Depending on how depressed our dopamine levels are to begin with will determine how much is needed to hit that sweet spot for clarity and concentration.

Would be interesting to know what the difference is between uridine and CDP-choline. Seems that uridine increases CDP choline - and thus acetylcholine - along with dopamine and CDP choline does the same thing too.

High_Prob

Chronic Uridine Administration Induces Fatty Liver and Pre-Diabetic Conditions in Mice

Chronic Uridine Administration Induces Fatty Liver and Pre-Diabetic Conditions in Mice

Abstract
Uridine is a pyrimidine nucleoside that exerts restorative functions in tissues under stress. Short-term co-administration of uridine with multiple unrelated drugs prevents drug-induced liver lipid accumulation. Uridine has the ability to modulate liver metabolism; however, the precise mechanism has not been delineated. In this study, long-term effects of uridine on liver metabolism were examined in both HepG2 cell cultures and C57BL/6J mice. We report that uridine administration was associated with O-GlcNAc modification of FOXO1, increased gluconeogenesis, reduced insulin signaling activity, and reduced expression of a liver-specific fatty acid binding protein FABP1. Long-term uridine feeding induced systemic glucose intolerance and severe liver lipid accumulation in mice. Our findings suggest that the therapeutic potentials of uridine should be designed for short-term acute administration.

Introduction
Uridine is a biologically active pyrimidine with multiple therapeutic potentials. Uridine reduces cytotoxicity on non-cancerous cells due to the administration of anti-cancer drug 5-fluorouracil [1]. Uridine mitigates lipodystrophy associated with the usage of nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors for HIV treatment [2]. Uridine is a nutrient critical for phosphatidylcholine biosynthesis and synapse formation [3]. Uridine improves neurophysiological functions in patients with diabetic neuropathy [4]. Uridine has also been shown to suppress hepatic steatosis induced by the usage of drugs in mice including zalcitabine [5], fenofibrate [6], and tamoxifen [7]. In addition, uridine triacetate (Xuriden), an orally active prodrug of uridine, has recently received an orphan drug designation by the FDA to treat hereditary orotic aciduria.

Uridine has multi-targeted effects because it can be converted rapidly into other biologically active molecules [8]. Uridine is salvaged into pyrimidine nucleotides necessary for RNA and DNA synthesis [9]. Via cytidine triphosphate, uridine promotes membrane phospholipid biosynthesis. Via uridine triphosphate, uridine promotes the formation of uridine diphosphate glucose (UDPG) and uridine diphosphate N-acetylglucosamine (UDP-GlcNAc), which are substrates for glycogen biosynthesis and protein O-linked glycosylation, respectively. Uridine catabolism produces acetyl-CoA, a substrate for protein lysine acetylation. Most interestingly, de novo pyrimidine biosynthesis is coupled to mitochondrial respiratory chain [10]. The protective function of uridine on mitochondrial functions is thought to be mediated by its conversion to other pyrimidine intermediates [11].

While the therapeutic potentials of uridine have been well-observed, its side effects on the biological systems have not been fully characterized. Recently, our lab reported that short-term uridine administration induced insulin resistance in the liver of C57BL/6J mice. Our data were consistent with several other independent observations, where a relationship between plasma uridine concentration and systemic insulin resistance was reported in both humans and rodents [1214]. In this study, we further investigate the effects of long-term uridine supplementation on liver lipid and glucose metabolism.

Sagitarrius90

Uridine increases dopamine receptors. If you've abused caffiene, pharmaceuticals, drugs, high levels of cortisol you could have damaged or blunted the dopamine receptors. Even If you have dopamine in you're brain you can still feel defiecnt If you're dopamine receptore arent up to par.

From my experience I've abused caffiene, drugs years past, dopamine agonists, high stress levels from over exercising and not enough food and uridine single handedly brought me back to life. I've always ate what you want to call a "pro dopamine diet" yet never felt well always had symptoms of high serotonin or better yet just a failure to thrive no awareness I was almost living in the moment. Uridine I feel just gave me a blank state again almost feel like I did when I was in my late teens

To the people who say it doesnt work, uridine is meant to be used for weeks at a time steadily and it takes time for dopamine receptors to repair themselves. Life changing supplement sorry georgi.

brocktoon

Uridine increases dopamine receptors. If you've abused caffiene, pharmaceuticals, drugs, high levels of cortisol you could have damaged or blunted the dopamine receptors. Even If you have dopamine in you're brain you can still feel defiecnt If you're dopamine receptore arent up to par.

From my experience I've abused caffiene, drugs years past, dopamine agonists, high stress levels from over exercising and not enough food and uridine single handedly brought me back to life. I've always ate what you want to call a "pro dopamine diet" yet never felt well always had symptoms of high serotonin or better yet just a failure to thrive no awareness I was almost living in the moment. Uridine I feel just gave me a blank state again almost feel like I did when I was in my late teens

To the people who say it doesnt work, uridine is meant to be used for weeks at a time steadily and it takes time for dopamine receptors to repair themselves. Life changing supplement sorry georgi.
Tried uridine for a month. No effect on me whatsoever. Too expensive to carry on with using.

Sagitarrius90

Got 250 grams coming my way so I'll be set for quite some time love the stuff maybe you're dopamine levels are fine. I know I suffer from low dopamine because if I dont get my usual 1000+ mg of caffeine a day I'm miserable

brocktoon

Got 250 grams coming my way so I'll be set for quite some time love the stuff maybe you're dopamine levels are fine. I know I suffer from low dopamine because if I dont get my usual 1000+ mg of caffeine a day I'm miserable
Might work for you in time. I took it for fatty liver and didn't see any improvement in labs.

milkboi

What dose of Uridine do you recommend?

Sagitarrius90

Jarrow uridine sublignual held under tounge for twenty minutes (overkill but I let sit there to the point nothing is left) uridine is a game changer for me - I don't take cdp choline or alpha gpc with it but uridine solo works tremendously for me - has to be sublingual as when I did oral, little to 0 effect

Ismail

Jarrow uridine sublignual held under tounge for twenty minutes (overkill but I let sit there to the point nothing is left) uridine is a game changer for me - I don't take cdp choline or alpha gpc with it but uridine solo works tremendously for me - has to be sublingual as when I did oral, little to 0 effect
Still taking Uridine?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals