Urgent: Runaway heart rate and general illness after penicillin.

Perry Staltic

if you live in america, you can use discountedlabs.com and check your LDH which is lactate, although i'm not sure if that's what perry was referring to. also , do you feel any relief after you have bowel movements?

LDH is lactase dehydrogenase. Not the same thing.

OP
Sam321

Sam321

Sorry if you mentioned it already but can’t remember if you had helicobacter pylori?
Seems like whenever I put anything acidic into my gut like oj or apple juice my stomach feels weird and I kinda upchuck it a little bit a while later. Sugar in gen seems to be difficult as well. Kinda feel depressed and bogged down once it hits my stomach. Not sure what thats about.

OP
Sam321

Sam321

Did a sleep study and it shows that I apparently have mild sleep apnea.

Doesn't explain why I'm exhausted and not falling asleep, but maybe explains why I'm not stay asleep? This is the first I've heard of this though. A month and a half ago I didn't have sleep ap for sure. I record my sleep cycles and I didn't have any heart rate spikes in the middle of the night.

Did not sleeping for 2 weeks give me ******* sleep apnea?

Perry Staltic

I have taken pinches each day, but don't know my level exactly

Was just wondering because thiamine controls the autonomous nervous sytem that controls unconscious breathing, and I've read that thiamine with some other things helps sleep apnea.

OP
Sam321

Sam321

Was just wondering because thiamine controls the autonomous nervous sytem that controls unconscious breathing, and I've read that thiamine with some other things helps sleep apnea.
Oh nice good call. I've been waking up with massive heart rate spikes in middle of night.
Oh nice. I could try taking more to see if it helps.

I have been waking up in the middle of the night with massive heart rate spikes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210224-120413_WHOOP.jpg
    Screenshot_20210224-120413_WHOOP.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 5
OP
Sam321

Sam321

Now that you mentioned my vison has been unusually blurry... a potential sign of deficiency? Or not good sleep and staring at RP forum all day?

S-VV

I think a beta blocker would be indicated for symptomatic treatment of the panic attacks, and/or clonidine for sleep. If using both, be careful not to get hypotensive

OP
Sam321

Sam321

I think a beta blocker would be indicated for symptomatic treatment of the panic attacks, and/or clonidine for sleep. If using both, be careful not to get hypotensive
Ive used both propranolol and metroprolol. Currently on propranolol. Blood pressure fine every time ive checked.

OP
Sam321

Sam321

Dr. said I stopped breathing like 11 times an hour during the night during my sleep study.

Last edited:

gaze

when you turn the light off in your room and lay down do palpitations get worse?

gaze

Yes. Most nights.
according to ray and my own experience, that's probably one of the major signs that your absorbing endotoxin or LPS into the bloodfrom your bowel and intestines, which gets worse at night time and when you lay down in bed. The problem is lowering endotoxin can be a huge challenge as your well aware with the antibiotics experience, Theres evidence that high fat foods increase endotxin absorbtion, but ray says starch and Pufa is the main driver of endotoxin. Also according to ray, pretty much any allergen can have the potential to increase endotoxin. I personally noticed endotoxin from things like fortified milk can even increase it, so its really hard to pin point what's causing bowel distress while still maintaining calories. I think the antibiotics messed up your digestive system even more, allowing possible allergens to cause more problems. Really tough spot to be and I feel for you.

Edit: i realized we had this convo earlier in this thread, so we're going in circles a bit. my personal main conclusion is that something your eating is triggering inflammation causing endotoxin absorbtion. You could try an elimination diet, white rice, meat, some low lactose dairy, etc and see how things go and add back foods in one by one, but this is much easier said than done. A single food can cause affects for days after eating it, but in general quick transit time helps the most, so you could try laxatives? im not really sure, theres a lot of things to try, all of which are a bit difficult, especially when your already in rough shape

Last edited:

gaze

Cascara Sagrada powder 50g

you could try cascara, this is Rays #1 safest laxative behind raw carrots, bamboo shoots, and well cooked mushrooms (i dont react well to mushrooms personally). The cascara can help speed up transit time and (hopefully) lower your endotoxin load. I would start with small dosages of about 200 and work your way up to how much you need. I would read a little bit about it first to see if it's something you are interested in using.

OP
Sam321

Sam321

Cascara Sagrada powder 50g

you could try cascara, this is Rays #1 safest laxative behind raw carrots, bamboo shoots, and well cooked mushrooms (i dont react well to mushrooms personally). The cascara can help speed up transit time and (hopefully) lower your endotoxin load. I would start with small dosages of about 200 and work your way up to how much you need. I would read a little bit about it first to see if it's something you are interested in using.
Ended up trying it. It made my stomach turn all night and keep me up. It def worked tho lol.

Seems like I mostly need it when I'm not sleeping as that slows digestion down most.