Urgent Cyproheptadine Help

Razvan

Hey,i took 1,5 mg of cyproheptadine for the first time and i felt amazing,no anxiety, better thinking ,killed my aggresion and better focus but i had a strânge side effect:it raised my BP and HR to 160/90 and hr 90 .temp is 98.3
What is happening i thought IT was sedative ?

Murtaza

cypro is one hell of a drug. take it for a few days and youll find the sedative properties in the morning, it makes it very hard to get out of bed, for a few days atleast.

other than that it will totally kill all your anxiety and make you more chill of a person.

OP
Razvan

Razvan

cypro is one hell of a drug. take it for a few days and youll find the sedative properties in the morning, it makes it very hard to get out of bed, for a few days atleast.

other than that it will totally kill all your anxiety and make you more chill of a person.
Yeah im already more chill but how has the sedative effect and my BP and HR had risen so much ? Its frustrating cause i feel good.

Murtaza

Yeah im already more chill but how has the sedative effect and my BP and HR had risen so much ? Its frustrating cause i feel good.
it probably lowered your stress hormones and gave thyroid the chance to take over.

scoobydoo

If there are any other supplements you are taking list them here
Could be some sort of contraindication

Arnold Grape

Not positive about the blood pressure, but the heart rate will likely fall. I would also dip the dosage because 1.5 is a moderate first timer dose of cypro, where you might get away with .5

Jessie

Allergic perhaps? But very weird indeed.

Cypro always made me super relaxed and calm. Definitely probably lowered my BP.

It is important to realize cypro is an actual drug, it's not a vitamin or mineral "supplement." So I would suggest knowing the dynamics of how it operates in the body before just consuming it. Also read the possible side effects of it. With drugs, a lot of times the "less is more" mantra is really valid. I would've started out with like 0.5mgs to see how I reacted.

The best way to utilize cypro for lowering serotonin is by spreading your dose out. Frequency of adminsistration is far more important than overall dosage. As explained here: Cyproheptadine Lowers Cortisol, Endorphins, HGH, Aldosterone

"The degree of the antiserotonin and the HHAS-inhibiting effects depends on the frequency of drug administrations rather than on its dose"

Evidence suggests it's better to take 0.5mgs 3 times a day then just taking 1.5mgs all at once.

haidut

Forum Supporter

I don't think cyproheptadine should raise BP, but of course strange individual effects are always possible. Cypro is a strong 5-HT2 antagonist and such drugs are actually used to treat high BP. Unless something else like caffeine or high-tyramine foods were taken with it, the BP should drop. Just in case it is a strange reaction to cypro, as others were also suggesting, I would use lower doses 2-3 times daily instead of a single bigger dose.
Ketanserin - Wikipedia
"...Ketanserin (INN, USAN, BAN) (brand name Sufrexal; former developmental code name R41468) is a drug used clinically as an antihypertensive agent and in scientific research to study the serotonin system; specifically, the 5-HT2 receptor family.[1] It was discovered at Janssen Pharmaceutica in 1980.[2][3"

Hey,i took 1,5 mg of cyproheptadine for the first time and i felt amazing,no anxiety, better thinking ,killed my aggresion and better focus but i had a strânge side effect:it raised my BP and HR to 160/90 and hr 90 .temp is 98.3
What is happening i thought IT was sedative ?

Do not take the next dosage, stop the intake until the effects are gone, and then restart at lower dosages.

OP
Razvan

Razvan

I don't think cyproheptadine should raise BP, but of course strange individual effects are always possible. Cypro is a strong 5-HT2 antagonist and such drugs are actually used to treat high BP. Unless something else like caffeine or high-tyramine foods were taken with it, the BP should drop. Just in case it is a strange reaction to cypro, as others were also suggesting, I would use lower doses 2-3 times daily instead of a single bigger dose.
Ketanserin - Wikipedia
"...Ketanserin (INN, USAN, BAN) (brand name Sufrexal; former developmental code name R41468) is a drug used clinically as an antihypertensive agent and in scientific research to study the serotonin system; specifically, the 5-HT2 receptor family.[1] It was discovered at Janssen Pharmaceutica in 1980.[2][3"
@haidut How long should i take it? Today i took 0.5mg and feel really good almost like using LSD but no higher BP.It's easy to buy it here in Italy ,only 6euros. Lol

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut How long should i take it? Today i took 0.5mg and feel really good almost like using LSD but no higher BP.It's easy to buy it here in Italy ,only 6euros. Lol

I'd use for only as long as digestion and mood normalize and metabolism returns to normal. For most people that means a few weeks. After that, I'd only use as needed when symptoms return.

OP
Razvan

Razvan

I'd use for only as long as digestion and mood normalize and metabolism returns to normal. For most people that means a few weeks. After that, I'd only use as needed when symptoms return.
Thanks haidut. @haidut
What do you think is the best dosage? Is IT good 0.5 in the morning and 0.5 at night?

M

metabolizm

Sorry to hijack a thread, but I have a question:

Is cyproheptadine likely to dry out the eyes? I’ve been suffering from dry eyes lately, as well as dry skin, and fatigue, and I believe it to be indicative of impaired thyroid function. (My thyroid function seems to wax and wane). Anyway, I thought cyproheptadine could help by lowering stress hormones and allowed my thyroid to sort of regenerate, but I’m concerned it’ll aggravate my dry eye, since I’ve heard antihistamines can do this. @haidut ?

milkboi

Sorry to hijack a thread, but I have a question:

Is cyproheptadine likely to dry out the eyes? I’ve been suffering from dry eyes lately, as well as dry skin, and fatigue, and I believe it to be indicative of impaired thyroid function. (My thyroid function seems to wax and wane). Anyway, I thought cyproheptadine could help by lowering stress hormones and allowed my thyroid to sort of regenerate, but I’m concerned it’ll aggravate my dry eye, since I’ve heard antihistamines can do this. @haidut ?

Yup, it can do this

Arnold Grape

Sorry if this topic has already been reviewed, but what is the danger in taking Cypro at low doses (ie .5 daily) over a longer timeframe? Often it is advised not to do this, but no actual explanation is given outside of the possibility of raising liver enzymes.

Sorry if this topic has already been reviewed, but what is the danger in taking Cypro at low doses (ie .5 daily) over a longer timeframe? Often it is advised not to do this, but no actual explanation is given outside of the possibility of raising liver enzymes.

It raises prolactin. I think short term it lowers prolactin. But longer term raises it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals