Urea Diuretic Effect: Causes Cells To Lose Excess Water

ddjd

Haidut mentioned in last weeks Danny Roddy Patreon Livestream, that "Urea acts similarly to carbon dioxide. Urea has a diuretic effect, it causes the cells to lose any excess water that they might have and when that happens the cell structure immediately stabilises".

Apparently Emodin has a similar effect.

I've noticed things like Niacinamide and T3 tend to make me very puffy and fat in the face and body, almost as if its the opposite effect to what haidut described Urea being able to do.

Can niacinamide cause the cells to hold onto water?? anyone else experienced this?

milk_lover

Yes Niacinamide gives me a puffy face and body. It’s opposite to what taurine does to me. Taurine makes my face slim and skin slick. Although Dr Peat doesn’t agree with me that taurine can replace gelatin to fight the inflammatory proteins, I believe it actually does because its structure is almost same as glycine but with sulphur attached to it which is really helpful in fighting endotoxins. But that didn’t prevent him from saying taurine has other benefits.
Besides the puffiness, it actually makes me gain weight and makes me itchy. I tried different brands and the same thing always happens to me.

nad

Yes Niacinamide gives me a puffy face and body. It’s opposite to what taurine does to me. Taurine makes my face slim and skin slick. Although Dr Peat doesn’t agree with me that taurine can replace gelatin to fight the inflammatory proteins, I believe it actually does because its structure is almost same as glycine but with sulphur attached to it which is really helpful in fighting endotoxins. But that didn’t prevent him from saying taurine has other benefits.
Besides the puffiness, it actually makes me gain weight and makes me itchy. I tried different brands and the same thing always happens to me.

I use taurine few years and love it but didn't notice so nice effect, probably too little. What your dose?

milk_lover

I use taurine few years and love it but didn't notice so nice effect, probably too little. What your dose?
You mean you got little effects from it? I take 3 to 5 grams a day, mostly from Redbull.

nad

You mean you got little effects from it? I take 3 to 5 grams a day, mostly from Redbull.
no, I mean too small dose. I use 200-500mg once or twice a day. Diff. dose for diff. purpose. And I remember some where here or from Ray, good effect from even smaller dose, few mg.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Interesting you get the same reaction to Niacinamide. Do you also get water retention from dairy?? It must be a calcium issue I think. Dairy really makes me puff up and look quite fat. If I stop dairy for 3-4 days I look so much skinnier.

milk_lover

no, I mean too small dose. I use 200-500mg once or twice a day. Diff. dose for diff. purpose. And I remember some where here or from Ray, good effect from even smaller dose, few mg.
Yeah I think you can get good effects from low doses too. Taurine helps you digest almost every meal. And it’s a great tool to fight PUFA from food I think. I remember one day I ate food fried in vegetable oil without me realizing it and I got itchy in the scalp, I took taurine and all that itchiness went away. Too big of a dose, though, can cause bloating.

milk_lover

Interesting you get the same reaction to Niacinamide. Do you also get water retention from dairy?? It must be a calcium issue I think. Dairy really makes me puff up and look quite fat. If I stop dairy for 3-4 days I look so much skinnier.
Yeah cow milk bloates me, it’s crazy. I stopped drinking it long time ago and if I drink it, I drink it raw when I go to Southern Oman, where cows flourish in the mountains. Do you think niacinamide increases calcium absorption? It’s interesting you mention calcium and bloating because vitamin D bloates me too even with vitamin K2.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Yeah cow milk bloates me, it’s crazy. I stopped drinking it long time ago and if I drink it, I drink it raw when I go to Southern Oman, where cows flourish in the mountains. Do you think niacinamide increases calcium absorption? It’s interesting you mention calcium and bloating because vitamin D bloates me too even with vitamin K2.
So raw milk doesnt bloat you? What about cheese? Cheese is terrible for my bloating. Milk bloats me if it's raw or pasteurised, doesn't matter unfortunately. But I still drink it!

Inaut

This reminds of the “dry state”

Attachments

• 18CD464B-6BF4-4244-8CE2-EB4D189EFB2B.png
    18CD464B-6BF4-4244-8CE2-EB4D189EFB2B.png
    149.7 KB · Views: 78

milk_lover

So raw milk doesnt bloat you? What about cheese? Cheese is terrible for my bloating. Milk bloats me if it's raw or pasteurised, doesn't matter unfortunately. But I still drink it!
Commercial cheese has very bad additives I think, so I am not a big fan of cheese. However, I eat some in my burger and bufalina pizza from time to time. When I drink raw milk, it feels smoother in my stomach and I seem to get a net positive from it. Unhomogenized milk is the closet you can find in the market to raw milk. When I first started peating, I drank too much milk regardless of the type because I honestly enjoyed it and I came from starvation following my ill-advised paleo diet. Now, I pay more close attention to what I eat, and milk is one of those tricky subjects. For example, I find white bread more tolerable than commercial cheese and milk.

managing

I have tried taking urea a couple of times. About 3-4 hours later, undeniable sleepiness. Had to take a nap, couldn't have fought it if I tried.

I have tried taking urea a couple of times. About 3-4 hours later, undeniable sleepiness. Had to take a nap, couldn't have fought it if I tried.
How was the sleep quality after you took urea?

Inaut

@Joeyd your comment regarding urea removing excess water from the cell reminded me of the dry state of the cell. see attached pdf for more detail

Attachments

• Healing+at+the+Cell+Level+Part+2+-+Restoring+the+Dry+State.pdf
    703.4 KB · Views: 50

Cirion

In my opinion (and experience also) dairy is a huge offender when it comes to bloat and water retention - I now believe it to be estrogens in dairy causing it. Estrogen dominance causes bloating and water retention, this is a known fact.

Skim milk (ideally with no added VA or VD) is the safest way to get calcium besides eggshell, vegetables imo. I will never consume Dairy fat again now that I know what I know. Cheese, ice cream, cream, whole milk, butter, cottage cheese... Will not ever touch any of it again.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals