Upper Right Quadrant Abdominal Pain

Kyle Bigman

Hello everyone,

For the past 4-5 years or so I have had this recurring dull ache in my right upper abdominal quadrant. Usually it comes on due to stress and then gets really bad every time I eat. When I press on the area, which is right under the ribcage, it is very tender.

What do you think it could be? Do you have any suggestions? I considered the possibility of gallbladder inflammation, or duodenal ulcers (H. Pylori?), or liver issues. But I have no clue.

Herbie

That is where the liver is located, its impossible to know what exactly is occurring. I used to have this pain too and had scoliosis of the spine which put pressure in the area. It was a chicken and egg situation but I resolved it now by eating a low pufa diet with caffeine, saturated fat, sugar etc.

OP
K

Kyle Bigman

The only thing that I did differently was eat almond butter. Find it hard to believe that just a little PUFA would cause it, but you never know.

Herbie

The only thing that I did differently was eat almond butter. Find it hard to believe that just a little PUFA would cause it, but you never know.

This was occurring for me when I was eating nuts and nut butters in my diet and not much sugar, I found it easy to eat lots of those butters.

Lowdose69

Benyamin is right it could be a liver issue. I just had a liver ultrasound and the technician spent a lot of time scanning that spot . I have dull pain in same area occasionally and had high liver enzymes. Still waiting on ultrasound results .

tigerlily96

Benyamin is right it could be a liver issue. I just had a liver ultrasound and the technician spent a lot of time scanning that spot . I have dull pain in same area occasionally and had high liver enzymes. Still waiting on ultrasound results .
Hi what was the outcome? I have the same

Hello everyone,

For the past 4-5 years or so I have had this recurring dull ache in my right upper abdominal quadrant. Usually it comes on due to stress and then gets really bad every time I eat. When I press on the area, which is right under the ribcage, it is very tender.

What do you think it could be? Do you have any suggestions? I considered the possibility of gallbladder inflammation, or duodenal ulcers (H. Pylori?), or liver issues. But I have no clue.
This sounds like my same gall bladder issue from 15+ years ago. The doctor said I needed mine removed, but I changed my diet instead, and have had no further issues.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals