Upper Limit Of PUFA Intake

Xemnoraq

But there has been various quotes floating around the forum of the upper limit of PUFA, @haidut has posted some studies on this allthough i forget the titles maybe you can ask him, there are quotes of Ray Peat saying 4g or below yes is protective to cancer, there is also another quote i heard from @tca300 mentioning that when he asked ray himself ( i believe ) that if someone maintained low PUFA intake throughout their 20's, what it would have to be kept at to prevent it from accumulating with age, Ray responded by saying he believes keeping it at 0.5g would prevent it fom accumulating with age

Now remember depleting your PUFA and preventing accumulation with age are different, Haidut's studies show something below 7g or 5g something like that or i cant exactly remember will lower PUFA to healthy levels,

For preventing accumulation with age, were taking in the consideration that as we age out metabolisms slow down and people have more of a tendacy to gain weight, so with that eing said, as we become more sedentary, the more likely we are to accumulate any kind of fat, the issue with PUFA is that its aparently preferentially stored rather than burne right away,

My solution to that would be using vitamin E any time you think you may be ingesting more PUFA than you desired, and having meals higher in PUFA or with miniscule amound of PUFA either before exersize or before bed because if you have lets say 2 percent milk or some coconut oil or ingest 1g of PUFA, if you exersize after that im assuming youd be more likely to just burn it off, same thing if you eat it before bed, because youll be fasting thoughout sleep and fatty acids tend to rise in the bloodstream during sleep due to fasting.

So there is that and theres also mainting a lower or low caloric intake during times when PUFA intake would be higher than desired but the idea of the PUFA intake limit has been debated on the forum many times and i often question this myself as i sometimes want to reach for the dark chocolate snacks with cocoa butter ( which have barely any PUFA ) but i restrain myself from having too much fat to keep PUFA on the low however i would consider myself more of an extremist so dont think you need to do a fat free diet you can still be very healthy i think with at least PUFA intake not passing 4g limit id say thats the safezone.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals