Update-how I Made Thyroid Supplements To Work

dreamcatcher

I have been taking 5mcg T3 three times daily and a 1/4+1/8 Cynoplus before sleep since the last few months.
With these amounts, my highest temperature was 36.6 C° during the day and my waking temperature around 36C°- very low. My pulse rate was in the 50's 60's.

About a month ago I removed all starches-potatoes, rice and sourdough rye bread; and all vegetables from my diet, except occasional kale broth. What I eat: animal protein-meat incl. organ meat, seafood, milk and cheese, eggs, gelatin, fruits, OJ, honey and coffee. Nothing else.
Since the change, on the same amount of thyroid supplements my pulse rate is between 75-80 and my temperature is 37C° during the day. My energy levels are great.

Thank you for sharing that. Very interesting indeed!

I find it difficult to remove all starches because I enjoy them and crave them at this point. Do you ever have starch cravings a?

OP
D

dreamcatcher

That's what I thought re starches since 2014. I never thought that I would one day be able to give up all starches, especially since I have a very active lifestyle.
No, I don't crave them at all as long as I eat enough calories. I'm quite thin and drink full fat milk..
Sometimes I would make pancakes from eggs, milk, milk powder, salt and eat them with extra butter and honey.
I was also very surprised that my temperature and pulse suddenly optimised! One of the tricks is that I eat as much raw honey as much I crave.

OP
D

dreamcatcher

In one of Ray Peat's emails he wrote to me that it's IMPORTANT to avoid starches if you consume cane sugar.

Peatful

In one of Ray Peat's emails he wrote to me that it's IMPORTANT to avoid starches if you consume cane sugar.
Do you remember the rationale?
I don’t need studies- just, what’s the general physiology behind this?
Thx.
Glad to hear you are doing well.

OP
D

dreamcatcher

Approximately How much carbs from fruits/honey do you consume @cinderella ?
Milk is one of my carbohydrate sources (lactose) and I drink about 1 litre.
I eat 2-3 cooked apples with cinnamon as they're in season. Most fruits in the UK are unripe atm. I would also eat 1-2 bananas and sometimes a cup of blueberries or 1 small papaya or watermelon according to cravings.
I drink 2-300mg of OJ and have a few TBS of honey daily. Milk helps a lot.

OP
D

dreamcatcher

Do you remember the rationale?
I don’t need studies- just, what’s the general physiology behind this?
Thx.
Glad to hear you are doing well.
He randomly said that after I mentioned him that I ate some starches and cane sugar to have enough calories.

"In the winter in the US, I use a lot of frozen orange juice concentrate, because good fruit is scarce. When you use refined sugar it’s important to avoid the starchy foods, emphasizing milk, cheese, eggs, fruits, and occasional liver and seafood. Cooked leafy greens and mushrooms should substitute for starchy vegetables." Ray Peat

milkboi

He randomly said that after I mentioned him that I ate some starches and cane sugar to have enough calories.

"In the winter in the US, I use a lot of frozen orange juice concentrate, because good fruit is scarce. When you use refined sugar it’s important to avoid the starchy foods, emphasizing milk, cheese, eggs, fruits, and occasional liver and seafood. Cooked leafy greens and mushrooms should substitute for starchy vegetables." Ray Peat

Probably to keep nutrient-density high. Still, potatoes for example should have enough nutrients to keep them in the diet if one eats a moderate amount of refined sugar and the rest of the diet is on point (if nutrient-density is the only concern).

milkboi

Milk is one of my carbohydrate sources (lactose) and I drink about 1 litre.
I eat 2-3 cooked apples with cinnamon as they're in season. Most fruits in the UK are unripe atm. I would also eat 1-2 bananas and sometimes a cup of blueberries or 1 small papaya or watermelon according to cravings.
I drink 2-300mg of OJ and have a few TBS of honey daily. Milk helps a lot.

You drink 200-300mg of OJ? lololol

OP
D

dreamcatcher

Probably to keep nutrient-density high. Still, potatoes for example should have enough nutrients to keep them in the diet if one eats a moderate amount of refined sugar and the rest of the diet is on point (if nutrient-density is the only concern).
Ray Peat recently told me that it took a long time for him as well to give up starches.

Inaut

Anybody know of a good OJ concentrate in Canada?

This is very helpful. I wouldn’t mind reducing starch. I don’t eat tons of it anyway, and I could reduce it further and shall try it.

Jsaute21

Thank you for sharing that. Very interesting indeed!

I find it difficult to remove all starches because I enjoy them and crave them at this point. Do you ever have starch cravings a?

same exact sentiment. Pulse and temp are not ideal though I feel decent on starches and cynomel/cynoplus. Intrigued by this sudden rise in those metrics.

LUH 3417

i once wrote ray about taking t3 before bed or in the morning and he said t3 makes you sleepy and is best to take around bed time. curious as to why you take t3/t4 before bed?
also how do you split them into 1/4 and 1/8 pieces? i have a pill splitter and even still so much of the pill crumbles when trying to split it multiple way that i end up losing 1/4 a pill that way and its hard to keep dosages consistent with such imprecise splitting...

OP
D

dreamcatcher

same exact sentiment. Pulse and temp are not ideal though I feel decent on starches and cynomel/cynoplus. Intrigued by this sudden rise in those metrics.
Wish it worked for you as well!!! I feel that finally the puzzle pieces are found.

OP
D

dreamcatcher

i once wrote ray about taking t3 before bed or in the morning and he said t3 makes you sleepy and is best to take around bed time. curious as to why you take t3/t4 before bed?
also how do you split them into 1/4 and 1/8 pieces? i have a pill splitter and even still so much of the pill crumbles when trying to split it multiple way that i end up losing 1/4 a pill that way and its hard to keep dosages consistent with such imprecise splitting...
Ray Peat told me to take about 6mcg of T3 with food ( as otherwise the T3 becomes reverse T3) (3 times per day) and Cynoplus in the evening to keep stress hormones down through the night. I use a very strong male razor blade because I wasn't able to precisely cut the pills with the pill cutter either!

OP
D

dreamcatcher

This is very helpful. I wouldn’t mind reducing starch. I don’t eat tons of it anyway, and I could reduce it further and shall try it.
It would be a good experiment! Even if you eat more meat to increase calories, if at the end of the day your calcium to phosphate ratio is around 1:1, you're good.