Update-how I Made Thyroid Supplements To Work

@CLASH I am still really intrigued by your approach but if I can’t add dairy and sugars, this makes it too restrictive for me. I feel pretty good when eating these but then again I don’t think they help the weight.

yes.anyone with mystery symptoms should go for Lo-allergen load,Hi-Meat,Hi-Gelatin,

CLASH

@corvetteseeker
Have to experiment to find what works for you. I only give my experience and thoughts to provide an initial template from which to bridge off.

Dino D

Why do i feel cold of i try to go no starch?
Dairy + any juice=cold
Meat only=better, but still cold
Meat+juice=cold

I never did like pure sugar, or sugar plus juice... still... ?

Do I need more sugar? Or why would i feel cold?

Collden

Feeling cold is often due to some combination of insufficient calories, insufficient salt, or too much liquids, especially too much fruit juice. Try getting more fat and concentrated sugars and less juice. Meat or cheese is a better carrier for salt than milk IMO.

Blossom

Feeling cold is often due to some combination of insufficient calories, insufficient salt, or too much liquids, especially too much fruit juice. Try getting more fat and concentrated sugars and less juice. Meat or cheese is a better carrier for salt than milk IMO.
I agree. Honey works better than juice for me personally.

Risingfire

Why would removing starches make thyroid work?
My thyroid pills definitely affect my labs, but I don't feel a physical effect.......still have low temp & pulse no matter how much I take.
It's affecting your TSH and not specifically your thyroid.

Are you just taking T4? I'm assuming no T3

tankasnowgod

Yes, it’s pretty pared down and customized for me and by me through experimenting. I’m pretty sure it would not be appealing to most people. My veggie selection is highly limited (4-5 veggies I currently consume but not all of them daily) and I do get more A than I did early on in the form of small amounts of goat dairy and cow butter and cream. I average about 20% of my RDI for A according to chronometer. I have mostly animal foods as the main part of my diet like meat and collagen and the smaller amounts dairy I mentioned above. I did a month of no plants as an elimination diet and then gradually added back things 1 at a time as I tested them out. I’m still testing things right now so I’m sure it will continue to change. As of now honey is currently my main carb.
The oxalate and beta carotene reactions along with my history of being floxed convinced me to start delving into how different plants were impacting me.

What veggies do you eat? I've been no starch for a little over a month now, and seem to have mostly adapted, but a few veggies would be nice to add.

Blossom

What veggies do you eat? I've been no starch for a little over a month now, and seem to have mostly adapted, but a few veggies would be nice to add.
Cucumber, mushrooms, onions and squash (zucchini & yellow).

vulture

Bro, how are you feeling? I used a calculator and damn is hard to meet calories without going hard on fat

cinderella

Cucumber, mushrooms, onions and squash (zucchini & yellow).
Haha I eat less than that these days, I eat onions and some carrots-mostly raw; and organic spinach or kale..after seeing this quote from Ray Peat:

Attachments

• IMG_20191006_113540.jpg
    IMG_20191006_113540.jpg
    356.3 KB · Views: 61

SuperStressed

Why do i feel cold of i try to go no starch?
Dairy + any juice=cold
Meat only=better, but still cold
Meat+juice=cold

I never did like pure sugar, or sugar plus juice... still... ?

Do I need more sugar? Or why would i feel cold?

I think it happens because starch ultimately warms you up through raising cortisol and adrenaline. Removing starch and eating sugar instead will mean you're not as warm until you fix your metabolism, the mistake is to think that the warming from starch was good.

Is sugar really making you colder or where you just warmer before through acutely raised cortisol and adrenaline?

boris

@Dino D Are you salting your drinks? If not, you need to add more salty foods inbetween if your main caloric intake comes from liquids. Otherwise you'll be losing water, salt and minerals and you'll be slowing down your metabolism instead of raise it.