Update-how I Made Thyroid Supplements To Work

Steve

Why would removing starches make thyroid work?
My thyroid pills definitely affect my labs, but I don't feel a physical effect.......still have low temp & pulse no matter how much I take.

OP
D

dreamcatcher

Why would removing starches make thyroid work?
My thyroid pills definitely affect my labs, but I don't feel a physical effect.......still have low temp & pulse no matter how much I take.
I don't really know, something you eat might block proper thyroid function. I think that from an evolutionary perspective, our guts are more suited to foods which existed pre agriculture.

Ania

Ray Peat told me to take about 6mcg of T3 with food ( as otherwise the T3 becomes reverse T3) (3 times per day) and Cynoplus in the evening to keep stress hormones down through the night. I use a very strong male razor blade because I wasn't able to precisely cut the pills with the pill cutter either!
3x 6 mcg (18), or 6mcg in total?

LUH 3417

Ray Peat told me to take about 6mcg of T3 with food ( as otherwise the T3 becomes reverse T3) (3 times per day) and Cynoplus in the evening to keep stress hormones down through the night. I use a very strong male razor blade because I wasn't able to precisely cut the pills with the pill cutter either!
Thanks so much for the info. Will try that out.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thanks so much for the info. Will try that out.
Yes, thank you from me too and for the quote from Peat. I’ve been off starch for several months as well and I wish I had done it sooner.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
#nostarchcrew

Blossom

Forum Supporter
What do you notice?
Bloat completely gone, better bowel function and a little more energy. My goal was initially to give it a fair trial for a month but I’ve stuck with it since the end of May. Peat has mentioned celiacs should probably avoid all grains and he doesn’t seem to be a huge starch fan so I figured I should give it a shot.

Bloat completely gone, better bowel function and a little more energy. My goal was initially to give it a fair trial for a month but I’ve stuck with it since the end of May. Peat has mentioned celiacs should probably avoid all grains and he doesn’t seem to be a huge starch fan so I figured I should give it a shot.

yes I think I will try. Thank you.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
yes I think I will try. Thank you.
You’re welcome. I have also lost 7 or 8 pounds with the same calories although that wasn’t my goal. It’s hard to believe it took me six years of reading Peat to really give no starch a fair try.

OP
D

dreamcatcher

You’re welcome. I have also lost 7 or 8 pounds with the same calories although that wasn’t my goal. It’s hard to believe it took me six years of reading Peat to really give no starch a fair try.
I'm so happy for Blossom!!!

LucyL

Yes, thank you from me too and for the quote from Peat. I’ve been off starch for several months as well and I wish I had done it sooner.
Even potatoes? I don't feel right when I cut starch completely. Did you find it took a little while to adapt?

@cinderella I’m so happy to hear this update from you. I do seem to do better off starch during the day but I sleep better when I have starch at dinner. If you don’t mind me asking, how was/is your sleep and libido before and after making this change?

Broken man

This Is pretty interesting, as a celiac I started eating almost only only potatoes and some corn porridges And doing very well. The problem with only fruit diet as a source of carbs Is that I must eat very often and have heartburn from some fruits.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals