Unvaccinated Quebecers will have to pay a 'health contribution,' Legault says

mrchibbs

I'm in shock. I knew something like this was coming but it's still awful.

Vileplume

The lines drawn in the sand become clearer and clearer. But with clearer lines also comes more overt pushback from some people.

Jinju

I am appalled.
This madness can be extended to anyone who is unhealthy - not just due to their lifestyle choices (smoking, junk food, drug use, etc etc).
I think the more pertinent question is what do Canadians do about it. QC is always the guinea pig that goes first and the rest follow.

Exactly. It's terrifying to see the discourse on Twitter: "About time!" "Ontario next, please!" --- People really don't get it.
I wonder how many of them are bots/paid mouthpieces. From what I understand, there is a whole army of people who are paid by the government (and in this case corporations) to post such bilge on social media

D

des yeux

To understand Quebec you have to look at its population 'pyramid':
1641943158471.png

mrchibbs

@pied

You're dead on. It's a society dominated by aging and scared baby boomers and because they're so populous they control the levers of power that enable authoritarian policies.

Pablo Cruise

Their information is highly mitigated for political purposes. If I hear they are following the science, I will have to vomit. I like visiting Canada but as long as Trudeau is working his magic, I am staying away. Hopefully people will wake up one day. I am astonished that so many other countries are going the "authoritarian" way. The mega rich elite think they are going to win I suppose.....they might be disappointed when they see the U.S. come back and then other countries. Freedom is not free.

Don

Their information is highly mitigated for political purposes. If I hear they are following the science, I will have to vomit. I like visiting Canada but as long as Trudeau is working his magic, I am staying away. Hopefully people will wake up one day. I am astonished that so many other countries are going the "authoritarian" way. The mega rich elite think they are going to win I suppose.....they might be disappointed when they see the U.S. come back and then other countries. Freedom is not free.
Agree, the USA is the key for the rest of the "free" world to come out of all this.

Jinju

Their information is highly mitigated for political purposes. If I hear they are following the science, I will have to vomit. I like visiting Canada but as long as Trudeau is working his magic, I am staying away.
Its the right decision.... !

Hopefully people will wake up one day. I am astonished that so many other countries are going the "authoritarian" way.
Many people seem more hopeful than me that people will wake up one day. I feel like the brainwashing here is complete and Goebbels would be proud of the propaganda being unleashed here.

In response to the proposed tax in QC, one of my friends (whom I have known for over 15 years) commented on our messaging group lauding the proposed measure saying that it was about time, and the unanointed had to 'pay'. He went on a lengthy and irrelevant rant about how 'they' were clogging up hospital and health care services (including ICU beds) and thereby denying healthcare access to the other 'responsible' citizens who had done their duty. Obviously a fellow who reads the newspaper headlines and believes every word of it.
I did not get into an argument or debate because I know it is pointless. But it was quite disturbing to sense the venom in his message......

Pablo Cruise

Many people seem more hopeful than me that people will wake up one day. I feel like the brainwashing here is complete and Goebbels would be proud of the propaganda being unleashed here.

In response to the proposed tax in QC, one of my friends (whom I have known for over 15 years) commented on our messaging group lauding the proposed measure saying that it was about time, and the unanointed had to 'pay'. He went on a lengthy and irrelevant rant about how 'they' were clogging up hospital and health care services (including ICU beds) and thereby denying healthcare access to the other 'responsible' citizens who had done their duty. Obviously a fellow who reads the newspaper headlines and believes every word of it.
I did not get into an argument or debate because I know it is pointless. But it was quite disturbing to sense the venom in his message......
Yes they are laying down the guilt. My wife is a Covid nurse so to speak. One of her docs went on a verbal rampage to one patient saying how they hate trying to save unvaccinated patients and that they too are taking up valuable services. Sadly, this doc is uninformed as many are.

What they should have done was let natural immunity happen and protect those with medical problems. Our leaders saw the virus as an opportunity, we all know..... The vaccines cause the mutations that natural immunity does not.
AND...........no one is mentioning, the media, healthcare professionals about preventative measures. I find this criminal when proven Quercetin, Zinc, Vit C and D, NAC can synergistically do more than the antivirals the CDC is pushing here......search (I don't "Google") Harvey Risch MD, Yale. He has the data plus many other studies on line.

ilovethesea

I agree, they’re not going to ever wake up and we really cannot coexist with these monsters. First it’s the tax, next they’ll be snitching on us to send to a covid camp.
We should be thankful that Big Pharma is doing a cull on our behalf ?

J.R.K

I agree, they’re not going to ever wake up and we really cannot coexist with these monsters. First it’s the tax, next they’ll be snitching on us to send to a covid camp.
We should be thankful that Big Pharma is doing a cull on our behalf ?
The other reason for taxing the unvaccinated in this scenario is, there will only be that group left to tax.