Unrequited Love Is Suffering

zewe

I strongly disagree. Many of the posts written on this website generalize personal experiences without any empirical evidence. It's a waste of time.

Well, empathy and love are a 6th sense.....since empirical evidence comes through the senses.

Do you consider yourself more logical/rational than intuitive?

'The intuitive mind is a sacred gift, the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.’

Albert Einstein

'No no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical.’

Niels Bohr

LGBT and related 'rights' are defended by people who are unaware of the fact that gays, transsexuals and autists have shortened lifespans, or blame it on discrimination which may be wrong. Similarly criminal acts are often denounced by people who have no clue about their etiology which is what all of them should focus on if they cared one bit. My point being that most of what people describe as empathy is signaling and I see no empathy in most of what they say and do. It rarely if ever entails any sacrifice at their end. I doubt there are 'empaths' and 'non-empaths', I find it more likely that people care about people and situations they benefit from or can relate to, or have feelings for. Some of them may be able to relate more easily than others. In any case, unless you aim for a direct solution you're getting off on drama. Do you believe the crystal and psychic themes work? It looks like 'magical thinking' to me, which in my experience wasted a lot of my time.

zewe

@Blossom you're welcome and thanks for commenting.

@SuperiorFatties

Dear Science Officer Spock:

It sounds like you have dabbled in the past with poor results. All humans and every living thing is psychic...it's all energy transferance.

Empaths just happen to be born this way. But with the right training I believe most can up their psy skills.

Regarding crystals,
according to Nikola Tesla:

“In a crystal we have clear evidence of the existence of a formative life principle, and though we cannot understand the life of a crystal, it is nonetheless a living being”

I can't argue my psychic skills or being an empath with you. That's rather like arguing over the existence of God.

Perhaps it's better to agree that we disagree.

Sincerely,
Counselor Deanna Troi

PS: Here's a little parting gift. This still makes me laugh. It is titled, "Deanna Troi is Useless." I believe you will appreciate it:

hee hee, I have turtles!
Cheers! :cheers