Unrefined Coconut Oil Made Me Burn

Velve921

So for 7 years I’ve not used sunblock and always used ‘Refined CO’ as some block and it worked wonders!

however, I recently accidentally grabbed ‘Unrefined CO’ at the grocery store and used it out in the sun yesterday.

...first time in years my skin got this red!

anyone ever notice the difference between Refined and Unrefined for skin protection?

Gone Peating

Yea happened to me, and I had applied it to an area where you really don’t want to get burned lol

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Yea happened to me, and I had applied it to an area where you really don’t want to get burned lol

ouch

So when yuh say it happened to you you noticed a difference between refined and unrefined for skin protection?

SOMO

This topic is so relevant to me today.

Last week I went on a long 4 hour bike ride and got a medium sunburn.

Today I went on a 3 hour bike ride and had no SPF/Sunscreen with just Zinc-Oxide, so I used some Calamine lotion and Coconut Oil.

Gone Peating

wow that’s wild! So crazy. I got fried bad from raw.

do you know why that is?

@haidut have you ever come across this issue?

Well I wasn’t tanning, I applied it inside and a few minutes later it started burning. I think I must have been allergic to something in it

mrchibbs

This topic is so relevant to me today.

Last week I went on a long 4 hour bike ride and got a medium sunburn.

Today I went on a 3 hour bike ride and had no SPF/Sunscreen with just Zinc-Oxide, so I used some Calamine lotion and Coconut Oil.

On Sunday I went on 3 hour bike ride too, and I burned my entire forearms lol, I used coconut oil afterwards to soothe the skin, and it worked well. It was my first time burning like that in about 4 years.

Dutchie

unrefined contains lauric acid....might it be that you're having fungal skin issues,that could explain the burning.

unrefined contains lauric acid....might it be that you're having fungal skin issues,that could explain the burning.
I thought the refining didn't really remove any fats, just the proteins and other remnants from the oil