Unravelling Schizophrenia With Jerry Marzinsky

OP
Hugh Johnson

Hugh Johnson

Who mentioned Dawkins?
I'm sorry. I misread the author of the book and posted too aggressively.

I would like to make the case that the materialist worldview has been disproven by empirical evidence. Many researchers have shown that human consciousness can affect material reality and thing like telepathy are real.

If that is the case, the materialist arguments are not reliable. While most apparently supernatural phenomena have a material cause, there is no reason to assume that is always the case.

The experiences seen by the psychologist and schizophrenia patients seem far more consistent with the entity hypothesis, and if we abandon the materialist assumptions, the we must consider that view. It is not fair to simply dismiss that view outright.

ken

Boy, you really anticipated the whole demon sperm thing. You are truly ahead of the curve.

Energizer

Boy, you really anticipated the whole demon sperm thing. You are truly ahead of the curve.
Conspiracy culture: Covid is likely a plandemic and more people are dying from the harmful house arrests, economy crash, decimation of jobs and small businesses, oxymoronic "social distancing", suicide and famine than the sensationalized 'rona "associated" death figures.

Mainstream culture:
dEmOn sPeRm111!!1

As James Evan Pilato likes to say, Mainstream culture ate conspiracy culture and is selling it back to you as cheap garbage. Stella Immanuel, the Cameroonian-American doctor who was quoted in the tabloids may have more substance to her superstitious beliefs, maybe there is some Cameroonian folklore that goes into further detail on the subject that might actually make some sense, but how would we ever know when the press will only hang on to the salacious soundbites.

I'm not proud of this, but I used to be a fundamentalist atheist who would try and argue with religious people because I was basically as self-righteous as Dawkins and even looked up to him for a while until I became disillusioned by his cult of personality and erroneous genetic determinist and mechanistic type thinking, I would still consider myself non-religious, but as I've gotten older I have come to appreciate and respect that nearly every culture and belief system has something useful to offer, useful knowledge, it's just a question of extracting it.

The whole idea and fascination with "semen demon" and succibi is not anything particularly new on its own, pop culture seems to have had a fascination with that concept for a while. Even the site knowyourmeme.com listed "semen demon" years ago as possibly originating from medieval legend:

The term comes from the medieval legend of the succubus (plural succubi), demons who take the form of attractive women to seduce men and draw energy from them, often until the point of exhaustion or death of the victim.[4] According to the Malleus Maleficarum, a book about witchcraft which was banned on 1490 by the Catholic Church, succubi would collect semen from the men they slept with, which incubi (demons who take the form of attractive man) would then use to impregnate women.[6]
It seems this may be an adaptation of Christian / monotheistic folklore basically.

According to this site, Protestant Christianity and Roman Catholicism dominate in Cameroon:
Religious Beliefs In Cameroon

Last edited:

Inaut

A psychiatrist and a therapist who has recovered from scizophrenia discuss. tldr: it's actual entities we might call evil spirits or demons.

Haven’t watched the video yet but I definitely think there’s some truth to it. It’s complex and layered. Thanks @Hugh Johnson

LUH 3417

This is just frustrating to anyone who has cured their schizophrenia with B vitamins and milk, but oh wait, frustration is just a sign of demonic possession.

Maybe the psychiatric patients had a sense the medication they were being forced to take was not in their best interest, since being stable is really just conforming to the rules and regulation of the floor with no real spontaneity or feeling. Hooking someone up with a janitor job isn't exactly the cure for complex familial issues and long standing physiological degeneration from years of stress. Many of these institutions have been sites for human mind control experimentation and worse. Maybe refusing to take their medication was not a sign of demonic possession but of the existence of an autonomous individual living within an abused mental patient searching for a way to express the freedom to make their own decisions. People go off meds because they feel ready to face challenges and start feeling things again. Thinking that a psychiatrist or doctor is trying to poison you is not a delusion!

Last edited:

JudiBlueHen

Forum Supporter
I watched. After experiencing my schizophrenic sister and schizophrenic daughter, I completely understand what he is saying - only wish the video had gone further - I need to find the long version. It is also my observation that medications do not stop the voices, they only make them tolerable and less scary, while enabling the person to sleep and eat regularly, so they do not end up in a state of panic. This state of panic with voices is what is termed psychosis.

My sister and my daughter continued to hear the voices but were able to function to some extent in normal life. But not without continual support and encouragement. If in fact there are demonic forces speaking to these vulnerable people, I have even greater sympathy for their plight.

Energizer

I agree. One of the most harmful things about psychiatry, which Marzinsky seems to gloss over, is psychiatric coercion. The medical whitecoats have been listening to their own "voices", the voices of other medical white coats who tell them what to do, and their own internal "voices" that tell them it's okay to use their power and authority to control others, their "voices" tell them it's okay to force this on the patient, it's okay to restrain the patient, it's okay to treat this human as "the patient". Profoundly dehumanizing. The parents become desperate, not understanding what's going on with their own children, they often give in to submitting their child into this profoundly cruel system.

Pharmaceuticals ordained by their cultly priests, the scientific priests who write the studies and get the grant money from these same pharma giants, themselves like modern-day demigods in power, able to manipulate the psyche of the masses at will. The ones who don't fit into society are often either cast out into the margins by the conformist monoculture, put in a group-home, or some other abhorrent situation that puts them at the mercy of the medicalized stranger with too much power over them, backed by the authority of the state.

The vast landscape of our minds is not free in the modern psychiatric world, to them it's meant to be corralled and controlled. What psychiatry fails at is understanding itself, understanding its role as a therapeutic aid, that must be voluntary, not an Orwellian nanny-state that it has become apart of. Drugs are all well and good, if and only if they work and don't have too many side-effects. Note the language of big pharma, however. Every drug they market straight to the office of the psychiatrist, is "medication." Whether it actually is medicinal in nature or not, their language or "evidence" (usually the bare minimum of trialing these drugs until they get FDA approval) certainly won't reveal the true nature, they instead expect you, their guinea pig, to see for yourself whether they are real scientists or, more likely, glorified salesmen. The for profit system will always fail at its stated goal of claiming to help people with so-called mental illness until it discovers holism and discovers the power of bioenergetics, nutrition, endocrinology, etc, in helping people heal.

Furthermore, those of us in Peatland hardly wonder why their drugs usually are abysmal in their track record as well, given that their understanding of the cell is based on the outdated and defunct model of the cell as being like a salty bag of water with membranes and pumps and a phospholipid bilayer instead of a much more nuanced system à la Gilbert Ling's association induction hypothesis. Their stone age models produce stone-age results. It is criminal that the psychiatrist is able to submit, forcibly in some places, a distressed person to be drugged, isolated, and restrained against their will.

Last edited:

Inaut

I wonder how many schizophrenics have been exorcised as opposed to prescribed...It would be an interesting stat(not for pharma or people who want to ignore the spiritual realities in which we exist).

I feel for people who are tormented...and pray for them...

LUH 3417

I wonder how many schizophrenics have been exorcised as opposed to prescribed...It would be an interesting stat(not for pharma or people who want to ignore the spiritual realities in which we exist).

I feel for people who are tormented...and pray for them...
yes i wonder how many women with PMS and progesterone deficiency actually have a uterus floating somewhere in the noosphere! if only we had a chant for locating the lost uterus...

Inaut

yes i wonder how many women with PMS and progesterone deficiency actually have a uterus floating somewhere in the noosphere! if only we had a chant for locating the lost uterus...

Truth is @raysputin i don’t know where science stops and the spirit starts. I wish it was as simple as taking a supplement and everybodies issues would be resolved. I will say that I don’t think every case is related to possession. Far from it but in rare cases it could be a real thing. When you have the answers to all of life’s questions, send me your notes please... I’d like to learn from you

LUH 3417

Truth is @raysputin i don’t know where science stops and the spirit starts. I wish it was as simple as taking a supplement and everybodies issues would be resolved. I will say that I don’t think every case is related to possession. Far from it but in rare cases it could be a real thing. When you have the answers to all of life’s questions, send me your notes please... I’d like to learn from you
To be frank I was part of an exorcism at 13 and also given psychiatric drugs around the same time mostly because I was an outspoken and rebellious teenager who just wanted the freedom to hang out with my friends like my brother was granted by rite of his gender. It’s kind of frustrating to read the reversion to dark age explanations and surely supports the current dystopian delusional mania the entire planet has been infected with. Sincerely, a recovered religious fanatic and schizophrenic.

Inaut

To be frank I was part of an exorcism at 13 and also given psychiatric drugs around the same time mostly because I was an outspoken and rebellious teenager who just wanted the freedom to hang out with my friends like my brother was granted by rite of his gender. It’s kind of frustrating to read the reversion to dark age explanations and surely supports the current dystopian delusional mania the entire planet has been infected with. Sincerely, a recovered religious fanatic and schizophrenic.

Well I’m sorry to hear about your experience and as I said, I think it may be more of a rare occurrence(possession) than common (as you pointed out from your own experience) but I still have to disagree. This isn’t a one size fits all thing and neither you nor I really know the depth of spiritual matters. If you think everything can be scientifically measured,validated and repaired,that’s fine....Calling it dark age or ignorant(my word) is just a little dismissive when you can’t prove something one way or another. I’m not here to argue with you so I say no more

LUH 3417

Well I’m sorry to hear about your experience and as I said, I think it may be more of a rare occurrence(possession) than common (as you pointed out from your own experience) but I still have to disagree. This isn’t a one size fits all thing and neither you nor I really know the depth of spiritual matters. If you think everything can be scientifically measured,validated and repaired,that’s fine....Calling it dark age or ignorant(my word) is just a little dismissive when you can’t prove something one way or another. I’m not here to argue with you so I say no more
I guess my perception of a demon would be an energy form anthropomorphized to have human characteristics. I consider the demonic possession explanation ignorant because there is a legitimate body of research and therapy that has been suppressed and is no where in practice for treating schizophrenia and that is what I find most painful to accept, that there are people who are incredibly ill and could be living much more fulfilling lives if we actually just stuck to the science we do have.

By the way @Hugh Johnson has posted Peter Breggin videos before and his own experiences with schizophrenics, I urge you to take a look.

I guess I would consider myself more of a humanist than a materialist. Like @Energizer so articulately pointed out, what about the voices tormenting psychiatrists, the voices of a need for power and recognition and control and money and respect and fame? It’s dangerous when one group of people has so much power over another group of people and reducing that power imbalance to something as speculative as demonic possession is truly insulting to individual human beings on both a spiritual and material level.

ken

I've always found this interesting about the actual biology of voices. Beyond that I think its one Satan to a customer.

johnsmith

Well said. Also, it's pointless to argue with these people. @Hugh Johnson made some great points in his third post.

Alleviating symptoms with B-vitamins doesn't disprove the possibility of a specific individualized unit of intelligence existing within the mind-realm which has the ability to effect the psyche as well as things in the physical. The mind is extremely complex and magnificent.

Last edited:

LUH 3417

Well said. Also, your right, it's pointless to argue with these people. @Hugh Johnson made some great points in his third post here.

Also, alleviating symptoms with B-vitamins doesn't disprove the possibility of an intelligence existing within the mind realm which has the ability to effect the mind as well as things in the physical. The mind is extremely complex and magnificent.
yes, it is magnificent what nutrition and human connection can do for a brain, i would agree with you there.