Unique E Irritating Stomach

OP
A

answersfound

I decided to continue taking the vitamin E and got flu-like symptoms, shivering and vomiting multiple times. It lasted about 24 hours. I can't believe I reacted so violently to the vitamin e. I have taken estroban in the past orally and did not get any noticeable irritation. Of course it was 1/4 the amount, but I wonder what the problem was. Another thing is that despite the reaction to the vitamin e, I was no longer getting a mucous from drinking milk while taking it, so it seemed to be addressing something.

OP
A

answersfound

lookingforanswers said:
I decided to continue taking the vitamin E and got flu-like symptoms, shivering and vomiting multiple times. It lasted about 24 hours. I can't believe I reacted so violently to the vitamin e. I have taken estroban in the past orally and did not get any noticeable irritation. Of course it was 1/2 the amount, but I wonder what the problem was. Another thing is that despite the reaction to the vitamin e, I was no longer getting a mucous from drinking milk while taking it, so it seemed to be addressing something.

BingDing

I have been using Lotioncrafters the past few months in addition to Estroban. I use it occasionally in highesh doses for the antiestrogenic effect (it's hard to measure very precisely). But I put it into my mouth and swish it around as long as I can, until so much saliva accumulates I have to swallow. That cuts down the viscosity quite a bit, and I believe it is good for teeth and gums.

Haidut, can I ask how often you get the lab work done?

OP
A

answersfound

Me: I recently began experimenting with Vitamin E, internally. I began using about 400 IU per day from the Unique E brand and things were fine. I was noticing better skin and better tolerance of milk. However, after about one week, I started experiencing stomach irritation. I thought it would go away and I continued to take the supplement. I then started to experience flu like symptoms, vomiting, and headaches. I don't believe it to be an issue with the quality of the product, so I am curious as to why this may have happened. Your insight would be greatly appreciated.

Dr. Peat: The manufacturing methods for vitamin E have changed repeatedly over the years, and I stopped taking it orally a long time ago because of reactions like that; I recommend smaller doses if it's going to be taken internally. Is it d-alpha tocoperol, or mixed? Does it have a noticeable smell? What's the consistency and color?

Me: Thank you for your quick response. It is a mixed tocopherol. It has a noticeable smell and it is viscous and dark amber colored. Would a d-alpha tocopherol, derived from non-gmo sunflower oil be a better option? Or would that deplete the levels of d-gamma?

Dr. Peat: I think mixed is better, but smaller amounts, or once a week for the bigger dose.

Me: Okay. And when you say bigger dose, how many IU do you suggest?

Dr. Peat: I meant the 400 units dose.

tomisonbottom

Me: I recently began experimenting with Vitamin E, internally. I began using about 400 IU per day from the Unique E brand and things were fine. I was noticing better skin and better tolerance of milk. However, after about one week, I started experiencing stomach irritation. I thought it would go away and I continued to take the supplement. I then started to experience flu like symptoms, vomiting, and headaches. I don't believe it to be an issue with the quality of the product, so I am curious as to why this may have happened. Your insight would be greatly appreciated.

Dr. Peat: The manufacturing methods for vitamin E have changed repeatedly over the years, and I stopped taking it orally a long time ago because of reactions like that; I recommend smaller doses if it's going to be taken internally. Is it d-alpha tocoperol, or mixed? Does it have a noticeable smell? What's the consistency and color?

Me: Thank you for your quick response. It is a mixed tocopherol. It has a noticeable smell and it is viscous and dark amber colored. Would a d-alpha tocopherol, derived from non-gmo sunflower oil be a better option? Or would that deplete the levels of d-gamma?

Dr. Peat: I think mixed is better, but smaller amounts, or once a week for the bigger dose.

Me: Okay. And when you say bigger dose, how many IU do you suggest?

Dr. Peat: I meant the 400 units dose.
Wow, this is fascinating. I had vomiting and ibs symtoms as well. Now I'm wondering if it's the E I'm taking. I normally try and take 1 400iu per day.
Did stopping the E fix the problem for you?

milk_lover

Wow, this is fascinating. I had vomiting and ibs symtoms as well. Now I'm wondering if it's the E I'm taking. I normally try and take 1 400iu per day.
Did stopping the E fix the problem for you?
I took about 4,000IU of Unique E at once with two cans of real sugar Coke, about 15mg of pregnenolone, and around 2g glycine. I am hot as furnace with no bad symptoms so far. I did this because I ate three large bags of Lay's chips that has palm olein as ingredient and probably iodized salt. I think they suppressed my thyroid to a large extent.

Tim Lundeen

The Shute's suggest taking high-dose Vitamin E in the middle of a meal, then taking casein at the end of the meal to get rid of stomach irritation. Their suggestion is 3 tsp of powdered milk immediately following the meal, but obviously whole milk to provide the same casein would be healthier :):

Waynish

I feel like there's something we're missing about the supposed "vitamin E" and whatever we're getting via foods. Not sure how to go about deducing such a thing though.

When you take vitamin A it inhibits vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) from being converted into active vitamin D (calcitriol). So, even a "small" dose of 1,000 IU will increase your vitamin D3 levels on a blood test since most of it will not be converted into the active form. The last test I had done in October 2014 showed D3 being in the 50s range and I had not taken any vitamin D3 for several months after the test showing 80s range. Since I am taking EstroBan again now vitamin D3 is probably climbing up above 50 again.
Do you have a reference for Vitamin A inhibiting the conversion of D3 into calcitriol? That blows my mind, I'd really appreciate it!