Uninterrupted Sleep

Sagitarrius90

Hello everyone,

I am trying to achieve a deep uninterrupted sleep which I know I need to do a couple things

- Improve glycogen storage
- Improve overall metabolism
- Increase salt intake
- Lower adrenaline
- Have a meal before bed preferably carbs, protein and fat before bed

How critical is salt in the diet? I've been using a sauna almost daily and to be honest ever since I've been using it on a daily basis I feel great look great but my sleep is starting to go into the toilet. I wake up every 2 hours and it feels like my body wants to maintain a higher level of metabolism so it wants more sugar, calories etc. I've increased my calories to about +300 over my maintenance (I've figured this out from years of exercise and monitoring my weight - My maintenance with 0 activity is around 2400 calories)

On a side note, I read Nathan hatch book and I've read in order to increase GABA levels having an adequate intake of potassium and sodium is critical. I believe peat doesn't cap potassium levels but there is a level of sodium needed to limit stress hormones ( I believe it was 5g of sodium)

Long story short, I'm getting desperate to have a deep sleep and any recommendations would be really helpful

OP
S

Sagitarrius90

The way that post was written would point to the sauna being the cause but I want to know the reasoning behind it. To say the sauna is causing my insomnia issues is questionable and I cant even say it is the sauna in fact. All I can say is that ever since the sauna I started waking up every 2 hours or so during the night, hence why I am assuming it might be a sodium deficiency causing my insomnia. Even when I was dieting I was able to have some sort of deep sleep.

Dave Clark

The way that post was written would point to the sauna being the cause but I want to know the reasoning behind it. To say the sauna is causing my insomnia issues is questionable and I cant even say it is the sauna in fact. All I can say is that ever since the sauna I started waking up every 2 hours or so during the night, hence why I am assuming it might be a sodium deficiency causing my insomnia. Even when I was dieting I was able to have some sort of deep sleep.
The sauna could have detoxed and awakened your endocrine system. Stop the saunas temporarily and see if your sleep is better, if so, bring the saunas in less often, and do things to support your adrenals, thyroid, etc.

ArtIt

I have had sleep problems for years. And blamed coffee and diet. After I have began eating 1 hour before bed an oatmeal with 2 tbsp of sugar, I sleep 1-2 hrs longer, and have less interruptions. From 3-4 to now 1-2 per night.
I have tried to have just one cup of coffee, it did not help my sleep. Now with the oatmeal before the bed, I drink
6 cups of coffee, but I finish the last cup of coffee before 2:30 pm, and I sleep better.

theLaw

Hello everyone,

I am trying to achieve a deep uninterrupted sleep which I know I need to do a couple things

- Improve glycogen storage
- Improve overall metabolism
- Increase salt intake
- Lower adrenaline
- Have a meal before bed preferably carbs, protein and fat before bed

How critical is salt in the diet?

1. Uninterrupted Sleep

The following worked for me:

Gelatin (great lakes green can = collagen)
Ice Cream
Salt
Air Ionizer to increase Co2

The last one was a real eye-opener for me. Essentially, I had an old air purifier that also had an ionizer built in, but had never used it for that purpose. I tried it in my bedroom during the night, and instantly noticed a significant lowering of stress along with deeper uninterrupted sleep.

2. Salt

At some point I'll write a detailed post about this, but here's the microwave version: In my opinion, salt is only second to Thyroid in its ability to lower stress while creating a feeling of stability. I've tested 1/4 tsp per 1/2hr and only felt better as I increased my intake. I usually wash it down with sugar loaded Gatorade (I add 5-7x the original carb content in sugar to each bottle), which tastes delicious.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Air Ionizer to increase Co2

The last one was a real eye-opener for me. Essentially, I had an old air purifier that also had an ionizer built in, but had never used it for that purpose. I tried it in my bedroom during the night, and instantly noticed a significant lowering of stress along with deeper uninterrupted sleep.
Ionizers are incredible. :rightagain2

Dave Clark

Ionizers are incredible. :rightagain2
I don't know much about ionizers. but isn't the problem with them that they produce too much ozone, which is not good for breathing? I have the old Sharper image ionizers (mine work fine), and I only run them for a few hours in intervals because I read that these type of ionizers were producing too much ozone. Anybody know anything about this? I would love to feel better about these units, so if there is good info, along with the mention of them producing CO2, please post.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals