Unintentional Vegan Peating: Amazing So Far

Reaper242xx

Veganism won't work, even if you feel fine now it'll cause problems later down the road. Your not getting any vitamin A without eating animal foods, that's crucial for proper thyroid function. Also Peat has stated that vegans tend to not get enough protein, which causes hypothyroidism. Plus they naturally tend to eat higher amounts of PUFA in comparison to saturated fat, real bad. Stay far away from nuts and seeds due to their PUFA and phosphate content. Are you getting enough calcium? Without milk and cheese the only other fair source is mineral broth made from leafy greens like kale, it needs to be drink daily too. And of course the vitamin A can't be replaced, so I would suggest supplementing it or add grassfed beef liver to your diet.

Terma

Something very interesting just happened. About 16 hours ago I ate a dish containing black beans. I just vomited with a near empty stomach (mostly liquid, a disgusting cold brew hazelnut coffee that tastes like plastic), and 4 intact beans just came out. Intact, still in my stomach. That's ****88. I do not have bile or digestion issues.

Ray has said that a little fat with potatoes is healthy and that digestion works best when fat and starch are digested together.

Kartoffel

Ray has said that a little fat with potatoes is healthy and that digestion works best when fat and starch are digested together.

Eating butter with potatoes is also a good idea because the long-chain saturated fatty acids will prevent hypoglycemia by (1) slowing absorption of starch/glucose from the intestine (2) reducing insulin sensitivity, therby preventing excess energy uptake by adipocytes.

Eating butter with potatoes is also a good idea because the long-chain saturated fatty acids will prevent hypoglycemia by (1) slowing absorption of starch/glucose from the intestine (2) reducing insulin sensitivity, therby preventing excess energy uptake by adipocytes.

I may be misunderstanding you, but if you are referring to glycemic index...

I don't think Dr. Peat believes in glycemic index. I don't believe it myself. High carb low fat diets LOWER insulin levels and normalize blood sugar over time.

Glycemia, starch, and sugar in context

The degenerative diseases that are associated with hyperglycemia and commonly called diabetes, are only indirectly related to insulin, and as an approach to understanding or treating diabetes, the “glycemic index” of foods is useless. Physiologically, it has no constructive use, and very little meaning.

Insulin is important in the regulation of blood sugar, but its importance has been exaggerated because of the diabetes/insulin industry. Insulin itself has been found to account for only about 8% of the "insulin-like activity" of the blood, with potassium being probably the largest factor. There probably isn't any process in the body that doesn't potentially affect blood sugar.

Glucagon, cortisol, adrenalin, growth hormone and thyroid tend to increase the blood sugar, but it is common to interpret hyperglycemia as "diabetes," without measuring any of these factors. Even when "insulin dependent diabetes" is diagnosed, it isn't customary to measure the insulin to see whether it is actually deficient, before writing a prescription for insulin. People resign themselves to a lifetime of insulin injections, without knowing why their blood sugar is high.​

Kartoffel

I may be misunderstanding you, but if you are referring to glycemic index...

I don't think Dr. Peat believes in glycemic index. I don't believe it myself. High carb low fat diets LOWER insulin levels and normalize blood sugar over time.

Glycemia, starch, and sugar in context

The degenerative diseases that are associated with hyperglycemia and commonly called diabetes, are only indirectly related to insulin, and as an approach to understanding or treating diabetes, the “glycemic index” of foods is useless. Physiologically, it has no constructive use, and very little meaning.

Insulin is important in the regulation of blood sugar, but its importance has been exaggerated because of the diabetes/insulin industry. Insulin itself has been found to account for only about 8% of the "insulin-like activity" of the blood, with potassium being probably the largest factor. There probably isn't any process in the body that doesn't potentially affect blood sugar.

Glucagon, cortisol, adrenalin, growth hormone and thyroid tend to increase the blood sugar, but it is common to interpret hyperglycemia as "diabetes," without measuring any of these factors. Even when "insulin dependent diabetes" is diagnosed, it isn't customary to measure the insulin to see whether it is actually deficient, before writing a prescription for insulin. People resign themselves to a lifetime of insulin injections, without knowing why their blood sugar is high.​

No, I am not referring to the glycemic index. I think the GI has some use. Starches, which happen to have a higher GI than sucrose have a much higher potential for causing (reactive) hypoglycemia. Most ideas connected to the GI are of course rubbish, though. It's completely wrong to assume that the consumption of carbs with a high GI leads to diabetes.

Kartoffel

I misunderstand your original comment stating that PUFAs improve IS?

Yes, they do. Insulin sensitivity increases with number of double bonds. In the long-run, PUFA will cause insulin resistance and diabetes, but first they pathologically increase insulin sensitivity, and cause cells to take up an excess amount of energy substrate. Contrary to what some people claim, ω-6 fatty acids increase glucose flux in the same way as ω-3 fatty acids. The ω-3 fatty acids like DHA just do this a little more because they are longer and have more double bonds.

lvysaur

When I try to force some yogurt, I feel worse and sleep worse. I tested this several time in a controlled manner.
Have you tried to force milk? I always feel worse when I eat yogurt.

lvysaur

Something very interesting just happened. About 16 hours ago I ate a dish containing black beans.
Beans are best sprouted. Phytic acid also has benefits, contrary to its antinutrient notoriety.

Amazoniac

You are hilarious - pointing straight to the most likely cause.
I wasn't being facetious there contrary to now, but I'm glad you enjoyed. It must not be the cause. I suspect that the darker the color of the legume, the harsher the toxin; but you also have the extreme light colors that also raise are a red flag. Beans require some adaptation that doesn't happen over the night. If you eat a lot every once in a while, it can serve to reinforce bad reactions, making it difficult to get over. I guess the best way to adapt to tricky foods is to include just a little and frequently, all while trying to improve immunity and hopefully the body eventually adjusts to them.

Last edited:

Travis

Veganism won't work, even if you feel fine now it'll cause problems later down the road. Your not getting any vitamin A without eating animal foods, that's crucial for proper thyroid function. Also Peat has stated that vegans tend to not get enough protein, which causes hypothyroidism. Plus they naturally tend to eat higher amounts of PUFA in comparison to saturated fat, real bad. Stay far away from nuts and seeds due to their PUFA and phosphate content. Are you getting enough calcium? Without milk and cheese the only other fair source is mineral broth made from leafy greens like kale, it needs to be drink daily too. And of course the vitamin A can't be replaced, so I would suggest supplementing it or add grassfed beef liver to your diet.

Each molecule of β-carotene is essentially two retinol molecules stuck together, and the enzyme responsible for cleaving it is under reverse feedback from retinoic acid. This is an extra control step in retinol metabolism because β-carotene is cleaved only as needed and is never pathologically stored in the liver.

Your not getting any vitamin A without eating animal foods...

L

lollipop

I wasn't being facetious there contrary to now, but I'm glad you enjoyed. It must not be the cause. I suspect that the darker the color of the legume, the harsher the toxin; but you also have the extreme light colors that also raise are a red flag. Beans require some adaptation that doesn't happen over the night. If you eat a lot every once in a while, it can serve to reinforce bad reactions, making it difficult to get over. I guess the best way to adapt to tricky foods is to include just a little and frequently, all while trying to improve immunity and hopefully the body eventually adjusts to them.
Actually I do think unchewed food is a big problem in indigestion. Even if the substance is hard to digest, a thorough chewing cuts down the indigestion immensely.

Reaper242xx

Each molecule of β-carotene is essentially two retinol molecules stuck together, and the enzyme responsible for cleaving it is under reverse feedback from retinoic acid. This is an extra control step in retinol metabolism because β-carotene is cleaved only as needed and is never pathologically stored in the liver.

Carotene has the same response as PUFA in the body, it suppresses thyroid hormone. Beyond a daily carrot or two carotene shouldn't be consumed. Plus the conversion rate into retinol is poor, even more poor if not eaten with saturated fat.

Travis

Your not getting any vitamin A without eating animal foods...
Garcia, Ada L. "Long-term strict raw food diet is associated with favourable plasma β-carotene and low plasma lycopene concentrations in Germans." British journal of nutrition (2008)

'On average, 95 weight% of foods was eaten raw and 97 weight% of all foods eaten were of plant origin.' ―Garcia

'Retinol intake was very low in all participants, in contrast with carotenoid intake, which was very high. The predominant carotenoid was β-carotene, followed in decreasing order by lycopene and α-carotene. A total of 16·7 mg/d carotenoids was consumed. The contribution of pro-vitamin A carotenoids to total retinol activity equivalents was 82·0 % for β-carotene and 8·6 % for α-carotene.' ―Garcia

retinol.png

'In conclusion, subjects adhering to a long-term, raw food diet with an exceptionally high consumption of fruits and vegetables have normal plasma vitamin A concentrations and high β-carotene concentrations as recommended for the prevention of CVD, but low plasma lycopene levels. The most important dietary factor predicting vitamin A and carotenoid plasma concentrations in raw food eaters is added fat and oil.' ―Garcia

Kartoffel

Carotene has the same response as PUFA in the body, it suppresses thyroid hormone. Beyond a daily carrot or two carotene shouldn't be consumed. Plus the conversion rate into retinol is poor, even more poor if not eaten with saturated fat.

Here we go again...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals