Unintentional Vegan Peating: Amazing So Far

Vins7

@Vins7 How is it going? Any success with your diet lately?
No succes.
I can digest better starches and I crave more them instead of animal food, but although I feel that potatoes, rice, bread, sugar and is easier to digest for me, they bloat me.
My colon is always bulky and I have difficulty getting gas and going to the bathroom, although my stools are not hard and have a normal consistency.
I'm better eating a lot of starch and fat, although the bloating I'm talking about is always there. Of course I have removed all kinds of vegetables, nuts and seeds, that has also helped a lot, not drinking water 1-2 hours after a meal too.
Thanks for asking.

No succes.
I can digest better starches and I crave more them instead of animal food, but although I feel that potatoes, rice, bread, sugar and is easier to digest for me, they bloat me.
My colon is always bulky and I have difficulty getting gas and going to the bathroom, although my stools are not hard and have a normal consistency.
I'm better eating a lot of starch and fat, although the bloating I'm talking about is always there. Of course I have removed all kinds of vegetables, nuts and seeds, that has also helped a lot, not drinking water 1-2 hours after a meal too.
Thanks for asking.
Sorry to hear that. It's a long and winding road this health thing. Do you drink coffee by the way? I've always found it to be a nice digestive aid.

GreekDemiGod

I am currently eating around 2 kg of potatoes and 2 kg of grapes a day. Some white in sugar in coffee. The mental clarity and positivity is insane. I am so verbally fluent, like I speak with a good flow and charisma in everything.

I am going to be joining you on a similar eating journey since protein/fats just make me feel bad no matter what I try. Whenever I try the pure carbohydrates approach I just feel so much better very quickly. Benefits I notice (within like a few days already)
- stronger teeth (feel like rocks)
- way higher energy levels
- much calmer
- better sleep
- very quick growing facial hair (shave normally every 2-3 days on this system 2x per day)
- way better mood
- muscles fill out much better, way better pump in the gym (it’s NOT due to increasing carbs since adding 40g protein on top of the carb intake removes this effect, I weigh and track everything)

I will eat less grapes and potatoes but add in some more white rice. In addition to this I might add some dry cornflakes with a bit of sugar. The reason for this is that the higher liquid content of such volume of fruit/potatoes generally makes me feel very cold.
Fascinating. Will try this.

First day of vegan peating. Did 80 10 10 split. Felt great, joyful, greater energy levels.
giphy (47).gif

GreekDemiGod

I love eating baked potatoes, they leave me satiated for quite a long time and are very filling. Especially with some coconut oil and salt added.
It's just that they fill my stomach a lot and feel slugish for 2-3hrs after eating them. I guess digesting them takes a toll.

Vins7

People can feel great on a day of eating nothing! It can take months before cracks start to show.
This is the question. Is it better to do what you notice that makes you feel good (in my case base the diet on starch and sugars mainly) even if this means leaving aside a large quantity of foods that are theoretically very nutritious (mainly those of animal origin)?

Maljam

This is the question. Is it better to do what you notice that makes you feel good (in my case base the diet on starch and sugars mainly) even if this means leaving aside a large quantity of foods that are theoretically very nutritious (mainly those of animal origin)?

I think it's important to pay attention to what is making you feel good long term. Everyone feels good switching a diet for a week or two, how do you feel after 2 months, 3 months, 6 months? That is the real barometer. True change is slow and takes time. Paradoxically, sometimes a change that will benefit you long term can make you feel bad in the short term, such as reintroducing a new food your gut bacteria are not used to, it might benefit you long term, but short term you might get some stomach upsets etc. Most people feel bad, change diet to something like veganism, feel good for a few months, and then slowly deteriorate and "chase" that good feeling they first had, usually by getting more restrictive, until eventually they get so low they begin eating meat again, feel amazing, then start doing something like eating nothing but meat, rinse, repeat unless they can break the cycle of orthorexia.

To add to the confusion, stress hormones can make you feel good too. I think a lot of carnivore people are running on stress hormones. It takes some time to be able to differentiate between stress hormone feeling good and actually feeling good.

I'm also becoming less convinced that one diet is the answer long term. I occasionally have "vegan" days, if I am not fancying meat. My macros vary from day to day, depending on how I feel, or what I am doing. Some days I don't eat any vegetables, other days I eat lots of vegetables.

GreekDemiGod

No succes.
Thanks for asking.
I find that one pill of Cascara daily before bed improved my digestion of starch the next day. 3 bowel movements/ day.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals