Unexpected Insomnia Hack

Dino D

So I have insomnia for 3 years,,,
I have some threads here about it...
Is now in a acceptable state...
High protein was my main fix, low stimulans (no coffee) ... carb control also...
My sleep is now like a 5-6... from 1 to 10
I have now 4 nights in a row sleep quality of 8
Today i even had a daily nap after a long time,
i took a new suplement before sleep,
Its not for sleep...

And my question is why does it work?
Its a mix of natrium and potassium (kalijum)
I took salt before-nothing, i took salt and potassium, or just potassium-nothing or it gets even worse, but this suplement is working...
Its called rehidromix and I put a photo here of ingrediens...

Any suggestions about the why? Is it working?

Ps. I know its to soon to conclude that this is a fix, but I still like to ask...
Kloridi-colud be Cl-, something to do with a electrolyte
Citrati- could be natrium citrate, or a salt citric acid... i tried to translate ;)

Attachments

• 20191121_174101.jpg
    20191121_174101.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:

somuch4food

Is it still working? That's interesting.

Cl- would be chloride. It could be a mix of sodium chloride and potassium citrate.

It's an electrolyte product to rehydrate isn't it?

What form of sodium and potassium had you tried before this product?

Uselis

I had severe insomnia for a year almost I slept 4h max. Not sure how much time or energy you can put to this but since I started to walk 10-12 miles a day it's totally gone (knocking the wood). And I am tappering SSRI. I think spending 5h outdoors does wonders for me.

OP
Dino D

Dino D

Is it still working? That's interesting.

Cl- would be chloride. It could be a mix of sodium chloride and potassium citrate.

It's an electrolyte product to rehydrate isn't it?

What form of sodium and potassium had you tried before this product?
It works...
Its
Glucose,
natrium citrate,
natrium chloride,
Calium chloride,

Yes, its prescribed after diareha...

Yes, walking and being outside has to be helpfull but i have to get very disciplined and organized to have a few hours every day just for that...

How do you take it to help with insomnia? What dosage?

This is electrolyte solution prescribed for severe diarrhea. There are some infections that are not deadly itself but kills via loss of sodium (aka natrium). Presence of glucose allows sodium to be reabsorbed in intestine even a case of severe diarrhea.

Here is wiki citation with explained mechanism.

Fluid from the body enters the intestinal lumen during digestion. This fluid is isosmotic with the blood and contains a high quantity, about 142 mEq/L, of sodium. A healthy individual secretes 2000–3000 milligrams of sodium per day into the intestinal lumen. Nearly all of this is reabsorbed so that sodium levels in the body remain constant. In a diarrheal illness, sodium-rich intestinal secretions are lost before they can be reabsorbed. This can lead to life-threatening dehydration or electrolyte imbalances within hours when fluid loss is severe. The objective of therapy is the replenishment of sodium and water losses by ORT or intravenous infusion.[43]

Sodium absorption occurs in two stages. The first is via intestinal epithelial cells (enterocytes). Sodium passes into these cells by co-transport with glucose, via the SGLT1 protein. From the intestinal epithelial cells, sodium is pumped by active transport via the sodium-potassium pump through the basolateral cell membrane into the extracellular space.[44][45]

The sodium–potassium ATPase pump at the basolateral cell membrane moves three sodium ions into the extracellular space, while pulling into the enterocyte two potassium ions. This creates a "downhill" sodium gradient within the cell. SGLT proteins use energy from this downhill sodium gradient to transport glucose across the apical membrane of the cell against the glucose gradient. The co-transporters are examples of secondary active transport. The GLUT uniporters then transport glucose across the basolateral membrane. Both SGLT1 and SGLT2 are known as symporters, since both sodium and glucose are transported in the same direction across the membrane.

The co-transport of glucose into epithelial cells via the SGLT1 protein requires sodium. Two sodium ions and one molecule of glucose (or galactose) are transported together across the cell membrane via the SGLT1 protein. Without glucose, intestinal sodium is not absorbed. This is why oral rehydration salts include both sodium and glucose. For each cycle of the transport, hundreds of water molecules move into the epithelial cell to maintain osmotic equilibrium. The resultant absorption of sodium and water can achieve rehydration even while diarrhea continues.[43]p

Last edited:
OP
Dino D

Dino D

half dose with 200ml water...
thats 2,5 - 3 grams of the powder

its still working
after a few months...
i take it every 2-3 days because my insomnia is in control... i sleep ok... from 1-10 (6 or 7)... i can fall asleep and i dont wake up... or if i wake up its short and I continue sleep...

What time do you take it? Before going to bed or how?

somuch4food

I've found something similar to your product, it's called the adrenal cocktail:
The Adrenal Cocktail - Stop The Thyroid Madness

• 1/2 cup or more Orange Juice (for its Vitamin C)
  • 1/4 – 1/2 tsp of Cream of Tartar (for its potassium content–this can go low for some)
  • 1/4 tsp to 1/2 tsp of Sea Salt (for sodium, since one’s levels might be low due to low aldosterone. Himalayan salt is also workable. Both provide some extra minerals in small amounts; processed table salt doesn’t. )

OP
Dino D

Dino D

I've found something similar to your product, it's called the adrenal cocktail:
The Adrenal Cocktail - Stop The Thyroid Madness

• 1/2 cup or more Orange Juice (for its Vitamin C)
  • 1/4 – 1/2 tsp of Cream of Tartar (for its potassium content–this can go low for some)
  • 1/4 tsp to 1/2 tsp of Sea Salt (for sodium, since one’s levels might be low due to low aldosterone. Himalayan salt is also workable. Both provide some extra minerals in small amounts; processed table salt doesn’t. )
yes :)

HeyThere

It works...
Its
Glucose,
natrium citrate,
natrium chloride,
Calium chloride,

Yes, its prescribed after diareha...

Yes, walking and being outside has to be helpfull but i have to get very disciplined and organized to have a few hours every day just for that...
Could be the Glucose. Fluctuating sugar levels while you sleep will cause hardcore insomnia.

2 weeks ago I started taking 2 Omega-3 pills and they knocked me OUT dead asleep after I took them, and STILL slept like dead all night. For a lifelong hard core insomniac this was alarming yet SO welcome. Probably a mix of lowered blood pressure with something else. I also noticed my nerves were calm like dead when they are usually firing like crazy, and my never ending itching stopped. I had to pull back though as taking them also gave me weird feelings.. like "thick", I can't explain it other than I felt "thick" inside everywhere. After not taking them for only 2 days, I woke up all itchy again and felt sketchy and anxious, blah blah, so at 3am I took one pill, and on my life it calmed my system down within about 15 minutes (I chew on them and suck out the oil). I dunno what's happening, but I'm going to keep doing it unless it turns on me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals