Undiagnosed Stomach Pain On Right Side

Kelly

Lianda said:
I'm totally gluten free now. I'm checking to see what I eat, and the reaction. I stopped taking bio-identical estrogen about 4 months ago; and I'm taking Progest-E (about 5-6 drops) every evening. I'm pretty sure that financial stress is having a significant effect.
I don't have a doctor, but go for acupuncture when I come up with a little money. I'm just dealing with it as best I can for now. Taking digestive enzymes. Doing EFT Tapping and Chi-Gong, yoga which seem to help a bit. I know it would be helpful to lose weight, but with Hashimoto's it's nearly impossible.
Thanks for your help.

Times of stress can lower progesterone and raise estrogen. Even when I'm not stressed I take way more progesterone than 5-6 drops. Not saying that's what you should do, just to say it helped me.

Peata

Kelly said:
I was the same way, terribly sick for about 2 months. I've been trying all kinds of things to figure out how to fix all the issues and it finally seems I have found something that might actually make me better, not just limping along until I have no choice but to get some innards taken out. :). I also haven't thought about my gallbladder for a long time. The hospital was pushing me hard to get it taken out and I had finally given in. Then a miracle happened, the surgeon refused to operate on me because he said there was nothing wrong with it. How often does that happen?? And thank goodness because its just find now and I think it'll stay that way for a long time so long as I keep the estrogen in check. Its great to know that this RP strategy/ philosophy has helped other people with the same issue.

ETA - Also, I had no idea about hormones and gallbladder until nearly a year and a half after I was hospitalized. I was doing pale and completely tanked my hormones where they thought I was going into early menopause, at 34. When I started looking up menopause sign lists, GB issues were on almost every one. Lightbulb really clicked at that point.

Wow. Reading what you wrote was like reading my own experience. It gave me a weird feeling as I read it and I had to actually check to make sure it wasn't my own post that I'd written somehow without remembering I wrote it. :poke

Glad you found RP too.

raypeatclips

Hi. I know you said you don't have IBS and that was my first thought only because that is one symptom (stomach area pain on rt) that I have when an IBS or reflux attack hits. In my case, I take an enteric coated peppermint oil gel tab and that's been working. Attacks are happening less on our anti-inflammatory eating plan, but does still happen to me and sometimes I get gas pains that seem almost like labor pains... But there are so many other things that can cause pain in that area...

I guess you have read Ray Peat's comments on Hashimoto's and hypothyroidism. If not, he does have some advice in his articles. Hope there!!

Birdie - Do you still suffer from IBS or intestinal issues?

Birdie

Birdie - Do you still suffer from IBS or intestinal issues?

Thank you. I needed to give this subject some thought and you've sprung me into action.
Sometimes IBS attacks. My reflux has been dormant for a long time though. Last time I had an IBS attack was after using hydrolyzed gelatin.

My husband has an intestinal problem now. I think his colon has swelled up. He has ribbon stools. For a while he had pellets, but we've found answers to that. I hope to avoid the colonoscopy route. Hope his doc will order the "Epi proColon Blood Test." I'm just off to do a little search on that test. He has an appointment tomorrow.

I can't remember, are you suffering intestinal issues or just interested in general...

Birdie

I read up on it and have decided to stick with having a CRP. The other is supposed to be 68% accurate. 20% of the time it's said to give false positives for cancer.

He has a few indications of high estrogen, including gynecomastia, so a Prolactin test will help there I guess. I also want a Testosterone and DHEA. But I'm not sure what we can get. Just as a side note, this doc told him to stop all A and E, explaining they would up estrogen.

I need to have my reasons ready for each test and be sure to ask what he thinks. Otherwise, he gets testy with comments about it's being his job. (Not mine.)

Peatogenic

I have had that same kind of awkward pain twice now...only lasted for like 15 seconds each time...like a mix of very mild burning and a cramp feeling. Of course I googled it and now I have liver cancer. Because my urine has been darker lately it seems...and I've had spider veins very slowly popping up on my face for about 4 years.

Chad_Catholic

I had a pain in the lower right quadrant where the appendix is but it turned out to be a stomach ulcer from taking too much aspirin--1300 mg in one day. People who have damaged guts from years of keto and fasting like myself can not immediately tolerate aspirin and unfortunately I found out the expensive way, by getting a CT scan just to find out that it was ulcers and not appendicitis. Ny doctor prescribed me PPIs but i didn't like the way they made me feel so instead I started taking sodium bicarbonate and it immediately made me feel a whole lot better.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals