Understanding Nutritional Markers (Chris Masterjohn Podcast Series)

Dan W

Last edited:
OP
Dan W

Dan W

He's released a "cheat sheet" summary of these for $30. I bought it and it seems well worth it if you're testing these, even if you've already listened to the podcasts.

InChristAlone

Did you buy the cheat sheet @Dan Wich ?? You should have used a referral link if so which apparently you get 5 bucks back if you refer someone. I want to get it for sure.

OP
Dan W

Dan W

Yep, I bought it. I didn't bother with the referral code, but maybe @charlie would want to put one in to help offset forum hosting costs?

dfspcc20

I'm planning on buying the cheat sheet. Does anyone have a referral link? Not that it makes any difference in what I pay, but just checking to see if I can help anyone else out.

OP
Dan W

Dan W

I'm planning on buying the cheat sheet. Does anyone have a referral link?
I went to set one up (I'll just forward the money to Charlie for forum hosting), but it looks like it has to be approved first. So I don't know when I'll have it for you.

dfspcc20

I went to set one up (I'll just forward the money to Charlie for forum hosting), but it looks like it has to be approved first. So I don't know when I'll have it for you.

Thanks! I'm not really in a rush; hopefully you hear back in the next week or so.

dfspcc20

Here's the referral link: Chris Masterjohn, PhD

That link brings me to a page that just has the following. I can go to catalog and add the "Testing Nutritional Status: The Ultimate Cheat Sheet" to my cart, but it doesn't give any indication that referral is being used. Just want to make sure I'm doing it right.

upload_2018-1-9_8-30-13.png

OP
Dan W

Dan W

He's got a new podcast episode on thiamin, and I updated the post with an older episode on calcium/phosphorus/PTH since it basically fits into the "series".

There's no thiamin transcript yet, but I'm guessing it's coming.

omnivoracious

I bought it but haven't dug in very far at this point. He recently sent an email that it is also available as a Kindle version. It's really nice of him to provide updates as they come about. Easy enough to do with an e-version but still a nice move.

yerrag

I just listened to an EastWest Healing interview of Dr. Weatherby dated Oct 8, 2010. It is about Functional Blood Chemistry Analysis. He touches not just on using blood chemistry, but also observing symptoms, to get a better assessment of an individual. He talks about the tendency of diagnosis to be so dependent on blood tests, leaving out the important part of observing the patient. That strikes a chord with me, since it is my observation that people, even in this forum, rely too much on blood tests, instead of observing symptoms. Take the case of hypothyroidism. I get the impression people here don't bother with learning the Achilles tendon reflex test, even when it only costs $5 to buy a neurological hammer to do the test. Anyway, he recounts how some practitioners would start off using blood tests that cost a lot (his example was $1200) and later on rely on observing symptoms to track progress, just because the blood tests are too expensive. He asks that if they can observe symptoms instead of rely on expensive blood tests for followup tests, why do they in the first place have to rely on blood tests so much.

I looked up his books on Amazon. Too bad they're only on paperback, so I can't download them. But he also says that he doesn't do any private consultation, given that he is too busy and he's focused on training doctors to his system. There is a 10-month course for doctors. He feels he would rather be spending his time training doctors. I just don't know how applicable the content of his books are, and I'm not willing to spend the money to find out. But if there's anyone who's read his books, I would appreciate some comments.

I hope in the meantime that Chris Masterjohn's cheat sheet does a good job with helping us. Sometimes it's not just the information given, but also the framework upon which the information is given and made to use. Without that framework, it can sometimes make it just as confusing as it is useful. I hope this isn't the case.

OP
Dan W

Dan W

I can't seem to find the interview you're referring to, but if his name's Dicken Weatherby, I have his Blood Chemistry and CBC Analysis book, and I like it well enough. It's a little light on details, but great at boiling tests down into "what is ____, why would you test ____, what does it imply when ____ is low/high."

I think Chris Masterjohn's podcasts are good at the ideas you're mentioning. He emphasizes what kinds of problems are *plausible* by looking at symptoms/diet/lifestyle, and only jumping into testing if it's reasonable.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom