Understanding Lipolysis & PUFA Depletion

Spartan300

This is something that's caused me confusion for some time now. There's much talk here about inhibiting lipoysis (fat burning?) but at the same time we need to deplete stored PUFA?

If our actions inhibit lipolysis then how are we ever going to reduce bodyfat & deplete PUFA?

boris

The PUFA will ideally be glucuronidated and excreted in the urine as a toxin instead of burned.

OP
Spartan300

Spartan300

Nice one Boris, thanks :thumbsup:

I need to do some reading on glucuronidation!

Mr Joe

The PUFA will ideally be glucuronidated and excreted in the urine as a toxin instead of burned.
Thank's guys for asking that, i was a bit confused also ! If i understand Glucuronidation is a slow process but safer, while "30 days PUFA depletion protocol" mentionned by Georgi is faster but throught Lipolysis ? What about the fact that muscle at rest prefer to burn SFA while they prefer to burn PUFA during stress ? Do you know by which process name Vitamin E convert PUFA to SFA ?

Hugh Johnson

Because too much fats in the blood inhibits metabolism, and if it's PUFA doubly so. This is why we want to keep lipolysis in check so that the body can deal with the fats without getting into harmful stress states. You will never stop it fully, so don't worry about that.

Like lifting weights, you don't start with the 300 kg bench press.

dukesbobby777

Because too much fats in the blood inhibits metabolism, and if it's PUFA doubly so. This is why we want to keep lipolysis in check so that the body can deal with the fats without getting into harmful stress states. You will never stop it fully, so don't worry about that.

Like lifting weights, you don't start with the 300 kg bench press.

Have you tried any FFA inhibitors stronger than aspirin or niacinamide? I wonder if they just feel like thyroid?

T

TheBeard

How about suffering a lot but for a shorter period of time?
Like fasting a few days at a time to burn through PUFA stores instead of counting on glucoronidation, which won't even work if your liver is sluggish in the first place...

YourUniverse

Like fasting a few days at a time to burn through PUFA stores instead of counting on glucoronidation, which won't even work if your liver is sluggish in the first place...
You will suffer but also do damage that you will need to later repair. I dont think it saves any time, if the goal is having the best possible health

dukesbobby777

Yeah that will result in a torrid time for your organs to detox all of that PUFA. The kidneys will take a beating.

T

TheBeard

Yeah that will result in a torrid time for your organs to detox all of that PUFA. The kidneys will take a beating.

It's all about knowing whether it's better for them to suffer a lot for a short time, or a little for a longer time.
I don't have the answer.

MidBicep

Many people who lose weight look way older and more tired when they are lean and the reason is probably burning PUFAs for energy. I think this is also reflected on their mood and attitude. I'm in no way against people being fit, healthy and lean, but if you are going to do it through ketosis and copious amounts of cardio then a lot of things will go wrong and it will take time to fix those issues (if ever, see keto dieters losing hair and never getting it back) .
I prefer heavy lifting, not restricting calories, keeping my metabolism high and my mood positive and letting my body do whatever it wants.

T

TheBeard

Many people who lose weight look way older and more tired when they are lean and the reason is probably burning PUFAs for energy. I think this is also reflected on their mood and attitude. I'm in no way against people being fit, healthy and lean, but if you are going to do it through ketosis and copious amounts of cardio then a lot of things will go wrong and it will take time to fix those issues (if ever, see keto dieters losing hair and never getting it back) .
I prefer heavy lifting, not letting my body do whatever it wants.

Juri

Attachments

• Ray Peat liver pufa excretion.png
    Ray Peat liver pufa excretion.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 38