Understanding Blockchain

P

Peatness

Blockchain: Life on the Ledger by Alison McDowell​

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzrFAHwrhVc

"Blockchain: Profiting on the Growth of Inequality" with Catherine Austin Fitts of the Solari Report​

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaMN3ebujlU

Blockchain as a Tool of Empire: The War on Carbon Based Life & Mysterious Forces 4/13/21​

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubWLT8A-a8A

I need to understand blockchain so I am starting with the work of Alison McDowell. Please feel free to post related material not limited to Alison McDowell's work.

TabulaRasa

It’s one of those things that can be used for bad or good, like any tool.

A shovel can be used to plant a tree, or to hide a body.

On the positive side, it enables Decentralized Finance which I personally use, and it allows me to make nice passive income.

On the negative side, it allows the potential for tracking and a tighter grip and control on people.

amd

If past bubbles are an example, the vast majority of the population gets into the action when it's too late.

And it's not by chance, because that's when those heavily invested need buyers to unload their positions before the bubble collapses.

But we never learn anything from history (tulip mania, dot-com).

In a corrupt society, technology is a tool to advance the will of the oligarchy, while other uses are outlawed.

Cryptocurrencies are instruments for speculation, they are not an investment, and if you don't know the difference, you are at risk. They are also bait to move people away from cash (is all about control).

The oligarchy is working to bring a central bank digital currency and eliminate cash. This is happening worldwide:

https://cbdcinsider.com/

The reason it didn't happen sooner is because we are still deploying "5G" technology to make it happen.

And as we have seen time and time again, the laws don't apply to them, just us.

Last edited:

TabulaRasa

You can definitely lose money in crypto. Most people do. I’ve been in it a long time and have made enough mistakes to earn some wisdom.
I invested heavily at the bottom of the market in summer 2020 and took profits recently. Made more in one year than I have ever earned in a year.
I put the profits into a more stable crypto bank account getting a fixed 20% APY and it’s earning enough passive income in interest to support my lifestyle.
It’s pretty amazing.
I understand the skepticism and in right there with you in agreement that they are transitioning us away from cash to digital currencies and CBDC’s for the sake of tracking and control.
However there’s also money to be made if you are smart about it and learn to hedge your risks.
It’s pretty plain to see that BTC has only gone up over time if you look at a logarithmic chart.
I find that people who think it’s a bubble do not have the interest to fully comprehend what crypto and DeFi is.
Blockchain can be used for both good and bad. Why not take advantage of the positive things it enables, like 20% APY savings accounts for example? This has nothing to do with trading. It’s completely stable and yet it’s still crypto. Nothing bubble-ish about it.

amd

If markets are efficient and (big if) there's a way to scalp/game the system, the moment you let others in on your strategy it can't work anymore.

Imagine a seesaw, the moment everyone is on one side, the market crashes. You need many people poor to allow for a fewer number of rich people.

How can you get a fixed 20% when interest rates are either negative or close to zero?

Many pension funds would surely like to take advantage of similar opportunities without risking too much like they did in the Asian markets (coming back to bite them now).

Do you ever wonder why so many "gurus" are offering to teach you their methods to profit in the financial markets (for a fee of course)?

The truth is the "gurus" are selling you as a customer to one of the many brokers.

Nothing to do with trading? No bubble/speculation? Then you are clueless, like the blind leading the blind.

That's how it works someone says there are opportunities if you do this or that, but all you see is people risking and losing their money.

20% without risk, sounds so easy it must be true.

The first sign it is vaporware is how people totally ignore the reality of the way governments move us in one direction or another with laws & regulations.

If it was an investment, you'd like to know what is coming down the pipeline, not ignore it because is inconvenient.

And when you lose money, all the promoters will tell you is: "you should have been smart about it".

Yeah, I agree.

Last edited:

TabulaRasa

I don't disagree with what some of you said. I think the market is about to crash. You can call that a bubble if you like. But it doesn't mean it's game over. Just that a lot of people will lose money. I already cashed out. Some people win, some people lose. That's just the way it is. A lot of people are greedy and always want more, and never sell, and end up losing everything when the market crashes. However, at some point, it will reverse and then go up again. It goes up and down. Over and over. Doesn't mean it's a bubble unless it goes to zero and never recovers. So far that hasn't happened. Is it possible? Sure. It it likely? No.

I get about 20% in Anchor Protocol: Anchor
There is some risk, but not much. It's been giving me a consistent return daily. No lock up. And I can withdraw anytime I like. They are able to pay the 20% because they also provide loans and collect the rewards for the crypto that people collateralize to take the loans.
This is outside the traditional financial world. Read about "Decentralized Finance" to get a clearer picture of what I'm sharing with you. It doesn't fit into the paradigm of how you're perceiving finance, because it's very new technology that's only become more popularized within the last year.

I'm not sure how you can call me clueless when I just told you I made enough money in the last year alone to live off the interest I'm earning passively. I'm sharing something with you, that is real and tangible, even if it's a difficult concept. Trust me, it took me a lot of time to attempt to understand how to interact with these decentralized finance platforms like the one I linked above. There are still many I don't understand. It's a very new technology, and it's clunky still, like the early internet was or any new digital technology. I can understand your skepticism. It's a very new thing and many people aren't yet able to grasp it.

amd

Always wondered why people that "say" they know a method to make money feel compelled to share it?

Then I saw there's money to be made.

The word "decentralized" is a technical term, it doesn't mean that cryptocurrencies will survive governmental action against them.

Are you saying we have to wait for the bubble to collapse to call it a bubble? And until then is ok, is not speculation?

I prefer to call a spade a spade.

You are too cavalier with a speculative instrument and that's not a good sign.

People have no grasp of the basic concepts of trading and the markets, and that's why history will repeat over and over.

EDIT: No one seems to talk about risk, it always comes down to risk/reward, you can't have one without the other. You can't short-circuit the basics!

Last edited:

amd

WHEN THE SHOESHINE BOYS TALK STOCKS IT WAS A GREAT SELL SIGNAL IN 1929. SO WHAT ARE THE SHOESHINE BOYS TALKING ABOUT NOW?

By JOHN ROTHCHILD

April 15, 1996

(FORTUNE Magazine) – JOE KENNEDY, a famous rich guy in his day, exited the stock market in timely fashion after a shoeshine boy gave him some stock tips. He figured that when the shoeshine boys have tips, the market is too popular for its own good, a theory also advanced by Bernard Baruch, another vested interest who described the scene before the big Crash:

"Taxi drivers told you what to buy. The shoeshine boy could give you a summary of the day's financial news as he worked with rag and polish. An old beggar who regularly patrolled the street in front of my office now gave me tips and, I suppose, spent the money I and others gave him in the market. My cook had a brokerage account and followed the ticker closely. Her paper profits were quickly blown away in the gale of 1929."

Last edited:

miquelangeles

Blockchain: Life on the Ledger by Alison McDowell​

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzrFAHwrhVc

"Blockchain: Profiting on the Growth of Inequality" with Catherine Austin Fitts of the Solari Report​

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaMN3ebujlU

Blockchain as a Tool of Empire: The War on Carbon Based Life & Mysterious Forces 4/13/21​

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubWLT8A-a8A

I need to understand blockchain so I am starting with the work of Alison McDowell. Please feel free to post related material not limited to Alison McDowell's work.

Thanks for sharing this.

Few people have the capacity to understand what the coming Social Credit System means, and its enormous scope and implications.

miquelangeles

IMG_6960.JPG

TabulaRasa

Always wondered why people that "say" they know a method to make money feel compelled to share it?

Then I saw there's money to be made.

The word "decentralized" is a technical term, it doesn't mean that cryptocurrencies will survive governmental action against them.

Are you saying we have to wait for the bubble to collapse to call it a bubble? And until then is ok, is not speculation?

I prefer to call a spade a spade.

You are too cavalier with a speculative instrument and that's not a good sign.

People have no grasp of the basic concepts of trading and the markets, and that's why history will repeat over and over.

EDIT: No one seems to talk about risk, it always come down to risk/reward, you can't have one without the other. You can't short-circuit the basics!
I totally agree! Many times the news will become very positive when the rich are selling so all the retail buyers are there to provide liquidity for their exit from the market. They need someone to buy while they sell the top.

It’s very risky all around and designed to take advantage of uninformed retail investors who act on emotion. I usually do the opposite of what everyone else does. And it’s worked for me.

I personally wouldn’t recommend buying crypto now, unless you want to lose money. The market is definitely in bubble territory. I expect a long bear market ahead.

However DeFi is a better idea. And It’s decentralized similarly to how the internet is decentralized. It’s hard to just shut down the entire Internet.

amd

The Achille's heel of the entire digital economy, in terms of infrastructure, is the power grid and cyber attacks.

During natural disasters, even if you had cash that doesn't guarantee that you'd be able to buy food, but it's still feasible compared to paying with your phone/card when systems are down.

And you don't lose everything if your account is hacked, if you keep some cash with you.

And for some reason, maybe related to the UN because it's happening internationally, the power companies are spending billions making their power distribution systems susceptible to interference and EMPs.

Are they preparing for a false-flag, this time leaving people without electricity for months? The media has talked about this possibility on several occasions.

It would be interesting to see if the government is capable of shooting itself on the foot to pull this one .. they can pick and choose.

Recently, Bitcoin became the preferred method to move cash out of China, bypassing currency controls. In response, the government is banning cryptocurrencies. Something to watch for precedents.

China’s latest crypto crackdown is its toughest yet

September 26, 2021

China’s regulators clarified on Friday (Sept. 24) that cryptocurrency transactions and mining are illegal, the country’s strongest stance against the non-government-issued currencies to date.

FYI ...

The myth of the decentralised internet

30 Sep 2016

I argue that the internet is better conceived of as a distributed system – rather than a decentralised system – with varied centres and concentrations of power in its construction. This is not simply a matter of semantics. A distributed imaginary of the internet calls to attention institutions and practices, just as much as it does technology. In this analysis, responses to concentrations of power cannot focus on technology as a mechanism for eliminating centralised control. Instead, socially desirable outcomes (such as freedoms of speech and association) must be addressed through appropriate combinations of political and technological interventions.

Last edited:

superhappy

a blockchain is a decentralized database, using a decentralized database for surveillance would be stupid because blockchains are way slower than centralized databases. They already have facebook why would they use something less efficient and something that is easy to be anonymous on. Those vids are just fear mongering over tech that will actually free people.

miquelangeles

a blockchain is a decentralized database, using a decentralized database for surveillance would be stupid because blockchains are way slower than centralized databases. They already have facebook why would they use something less efficient and something that is easy to be anonymous on. Those vids are just fear mongering over tech that will actually free people.

You probably earned some money from speculating in cryptocurrencies, that would explain your opinion above.
If you think that the blockchain technology will liberate people, then you are very naive.
The only reason they allowed you to do it is to encourage the masses to adopt the technology and get used to e-wallets and the concept of it all.
Then, when the central bank digital currencies are introduced, people will already know how to use them. But all the other cryptocurrencies will be outlawed.

And it's not just about blockchain. Read about algocracy, cyberocracy, government by algorithm, predictive policing, smart cities, social credit systems.
It's all on Wikipedia.

superhappy

Blockchain tech already has liberated many financially. If they encourage the masses to adopt the tech that would be good because they can't do anything to shutdown bitcoin's blockchain or ethereum's. The only thing they can do is have heavier surveillance for on-ramps but once your money is on-chain it is easy to anonymize your crypto.

Fiat is already "digital" money. Only difference between fiat and crypto is that fiat is centralized and they can change the rules by printing more money whenever they feel like it. Compared to bitcoins code or immutable smart contracts on Ethereum where the game theory or rules are set in stone.

If they already have so much infrastructure in place trying to build their own blockchain for centralized control/surveillance would be counter-intuitive. If they did build their own blockchain with complete surveillance over all transactions and identities attached to them than what is stopping people from moving that money from that chain over to ethereum's chain? It wouldn't be any different than people moving their money from their bank onto coinbase buying eth and then sending it to an eth address they made themselves.

X3CyO

If you refer to my BSV post, you can see that yes, blockchain as we know it, while under the control of any individual or group, will always be evil. It will only be when power is actually given freely back to the people that we can become rich in quality of life in value; To support businesses that support the honesty system. Businesses that work together to promote efficacy.

Blockchain is anonymous, but it's all public, and auditable.

I highly recommend if you have the time, to check out my post to learn more about blockchain technology as a whole, and the battle that we are fighting as a society which will require us to mutually promote, and use businesses that follow these best policies, vote with our money, and words before we're forced to.

We have to teach other people about the technology, and the vast implications of our choices, and how our data and free things used on the internet have been used against us to take over the world as we know it.

As far as I'm concerned, the world will end as we know it if people don't adopt BSV. And yes, I know I sound like a shill. I will never promote anyone to actually buy and HODL a "Crypto Currency" (They are neither cryptographic nor currency). What I am promoting, however, is to look into the technology, and ask questions.

OP
P

Peatness

amd

Don't let names confuse you, cryptocurrencies are intangible assets, not currency.

We can't have a meaningful conversation if the basics are not clear.

Also, the blockchain is a record of every transaction and finding who owns a wallet is possible and then every transaction for that person is known.

Last edited:

TabulaRasa

I find that people that have a 100% negative view of crypto and blockchain have never interacted with it and therefore lack understanding on what it’s capable of for the common person.

Often times governments allow private companies to innovate only to co-opt the technology for themselves. Is that happening here? Definitely since the governments will be switching to central bank digital currencies soon.

Nonetheless, if you understand blockchain, you’d know they can’t shut down Bitcoin. It is fairly decentralized. Some larger interests may be involved but at this point it’s so spread out across the world that it would be very difficult to shut down entirely.

There is no printing more Bitcoin. The supply is limited. It lacks smart contracts, but Ethereum and other chains make up for that, and the smart contracts are what enable the possibilities of decentralized finance, which is not governed by banks. It is much more transparent than traditional finance, and actually empowers people to do more with their money than they could in a traditional bank.

I’m right there with everyone who likes to go down the rabbit hole on how Klaus Schwabb and Bill Gates and all of them are destroying our way of life. They are. The whole Covid thing is clearly their way of pushing us quickly into their new vision and making people cheer on dictators.

However I don’t think the underlying blockchain technology is 100% evil. Yea they can use the technology to track us, they can regulate DeFi, they can make it tough for crypto companies to do business, etc. But the technology also if it in the right hands is very empowering. It’s very new and most people have a difficult time beginning to comprehend what it enables. I know it took me a while. So I understand people’s skepticism. But I wouldn’t say it’s all bad. I would make the distinction that the technology is bad in the wrong hands. At this point it’s inevitable that governments will be using it and it will allow them to increase their grip on society. But for those of us who are savvy, there are ways to continue using the non-government crypto and DeFi, even if they try to regulate it and block IP addresses in certain countries from using it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals