Undermethylation

mattmm24

Has anyone else on here ever suspsected that their health problems come down to one thing? Undermethylation. I didn't add overmethylation because I think the majority of people are undermethylators. I know that I am definitely an undermethylator and I came across information that suggests folinic acid (Folate and folic acid can't be converted for some people), B2 active form, biotin, b6 active, b1(small dose), b3 (small dose) calcium, zinc, magnesium, vitamin e, methionine ( I skip this because I get it from meat ) and methyl b12, and absorbic acid. I didn't list copper because typically undermethylators are copper toxic.

Every since I started taking these supplements my skin issues went away and I feel like I can pretty much eat anything. Also feel more clear headed than before. And all the supplements I listed are pro-metabolic. I add in some glycine sometimes as well. Just thought I would make this thread for anyone struggling with their health. It would be a good idea to see if all your issues come down to one thing.

GenericName86

I had thought methylfolate was the go to for people that having trouble converting but folinic acid works better then methylfolate for you?

Spondive

Has anyone else on here ever suspsected that their health problems come down to one thing? Undermethylation. I didn't add overmethylation because I think the majority of people are undermethylators. I know that I am definitely an undermethylator and I came across information that suggests folinic acid (Folate and folic acid can't be converted for some people), B2 active form, biotin, b6 active, b1(small dose), b3 (small dose) calcium, zinc, magnesium, vitamin e, methionine ( I skip this because I get it from meat ) and methyl b12, and absorbic acid. I didn't list copper because typically undermethylators are copper toxic.

Every since I started taking these supplements my skin issues went away and I feel like I can pretty much eat anything. Also feel more clear headed than before. And all the supplements I listed are pro-metabolic. I add in some glycine sometimes as well. Just thought I would make this thread for anyone struggling with their health. It would be a good idea to see if all your issues come down to one thing.
I thought most people are overmethylators

OP
M

mattmm24

I had thought methylfolate was the go to for people that having trouble converting but folinic acid works better then methylfolate for you?
As long as folate is in the active form. Folinic acid is what was reccomended on the Pfeiffer protocol for both under and over methylators.

OP
M

mattmm24

I thought most people are overmethylators
I have the gene mutation. But besides that, from what I’ve read I think most people are undermethylators. You need methyl groups for viruses, infections, diseases, etc. That’s why you see a lot of people on here not able to handle niacinamide. Niacinamide eats up methyl groups. B6 active form is good for undermethylators.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals