Under-sink water filtration system recommendation?

CastorTroy

Why not a simple water distiller? You can remineralize after with sea salt or any mineral solution.

OP
Peachy

Peachy

Why not a simple water distiller? You can remineralize after with sea salt or any mineral solution.
Interesting! Didn't even know of these. I'll check them out a little more before I decide. Thanks!

RealNeat

Didn't know that about the deuterium! Thank you.
It's untrue. RO doesn't diminish deuterium, in all likelihood the source water being filtered is probably a lower D water so the reading is probably just a few ppm lower than "average", nothing therapeutic. The only thing that may even move the needle a microinch is distillation and that's how DDW is made, except much more complex and expensive. I wrote more on that in this thread Deuterium In Carbs - Should I Be Concerned?

RO water is iffy, it's usually contaminated shortly after being used and the performance falls off immediately, especially if your municipality uses chloramine instead of chlorine. It's also not very good at removing fluoride, 30% or so can remain. The water waste is also surreal. I talk more about it here along with my article on the topic; Pristine Hydro Water Filter

Distillation with carbon black and/ or KDF85 is the best.

Last edited:

RealNeat

supercoolguy

Thank you! They're mysterious and make you call them for more info. But looks promising so I probably will.
They built that design. Bob the owner got awards for his business several times.

You can tell them a guy from Warner Stellian suggested you call Water Doctors.

Its been 10yrs but I STILL remember how well the system worked.

OP
Peachy

Peachy

They built that design. Bob the owner got awards for his business several times.

You can tell them a guy from Warner Stellian suggested you call Water Doctors.

Its been 10yrs but I STILL remember how well the system worked.
Thank you! Will do.

OP
Peachy

Peachy

It's untrue. RO doesn't diminish deuterium, in all likelihood the source water being filtered is probably a lower D water so the reading is probably just a few ppm lower than "average", nothing therapeutic. The only thing that may even move the needle a microinch is distillation and that's how DDW is made, except much more complex and expensive. I wrote more on that in this thread Deuterium In Carbs - Should I Be Concerned?

RO water is iffy, it's usually contaminated shortly after being used and the performance falls off immediately, especially if your municipality uses chloramine instead of chlorine. It's also not very good at removing fluoride, 30% or so can remain. The water waste is also surreal. I talk more about it here along with my article on the topic; Pristine Hydro Water Filter

Distillation with carbon black and/ or KDF85 is the best.
Thanks so much for your thoughts on DDW and in general. I went to the the other threads as well.

I’m going to look into distillation and see if that could be a practical move (family of 5).

OP
Peachy

Peachy

I've installed 3 of them in 3 different houses, and have had zero leaks, and I'm totally NOT a plumber.
Ok. Good to know! This is the original one I was looking at. Good price point. And you feel the quality/taste holds up over the years? It’s nice to have insight from someone who’s used the system for a while!

TheCodez

Ok. Good to know! This is the original one I was looking at. Good price point. And you feel the quality/taste holds up over the years? It’s nice to have insight from someone who’s used the system for a while!
Purchased my first one in 2015. I've since moved away, but used it for 4 years first.