Under-sink water filtration system recommendation?

Peachy

We’re in the market for an under sink water filtration system. Any recommendations? Preferably $300 or less. We’re in the U.S. Thanks!

xeliex

Forum Supporter
We’re in the market for an under sink water filtration system. Any recommendations? Preferably $300 or less. We’re in the U.S. Thanks!
I am looking for one, and s trusted source recommended Aquasana.

Perry Staltic

Get something that removes fluoride if you're on municipal water. Reverse osmosis does that, but not sure about other types.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Only RO removes fluoride without and additional filter (Aquasana does not). ANother advantage to RO is it reduces deuterium. The downside to RO is it also diminishes the minerals. To compensate, remineralize with trace mineral drop solutions readily available. Amazon product ASIN B01MR9YJRLView: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MR9YJRL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Aquasana is ro though and they say it removes fluoride. What you linked is cheaper though. Gonna take a look.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
I bought mine from Costco. I have been using reverse osmosis filtration for over 20 years. You can also invest in a conductance meter and test the tap water, it is quite amazing how much the value drops. The lower the conductance, the lower the dissolved minerals, mostly from calcium. The water tastes much better, and so does tea or coffee.

For heart health, I add Zeta Aid to a large glass of water, 2-3 times a day. It strengthens the colloidal suspension of the blood and prevents thereby heart disease. Highly recommended! Zeta Aid is a combination of potassium-based electrolytes that 'charges' up the blood particles, increasing electrostatic repulsion, thereby preventing blood clots or bacterial biofilms from forming. Zeta Aid was formulated by Dr. T.C. McDaniel and it is based on Thomas M. Riddick's book about the Zeta Potential and colloidal stability with a chapter on cardiovascular disease, which I have. I also have a PDF of the book, if anyone is interested.

livesimply

baudoman

I've looked into and tried a lot of the options out there.. Berkey, Aquasana, Aquagear, Clearly Filtered, etc. I was specifically focused on fluoride reduction.

The 'Direct Connect' option from Radiant Life turned out to be pretty cool and cost effective. 1 filter lasts like a year and a half, and all your cold water is filtered at that faucet.

I've pasted the specs below.

On a related note, anybody know anything about 'structured water'? A lot of times, even with the best filtered water, you don't get that thirst quenching feeling.. and supposedly structured water can do that? For example - stuff like what this person sells: Shop — Karen Atkins

• > 99% Chloramine reduction - 3ppm challenge
  • > 99% Chlorine reduction
  • > 99% Lead reduction
  • > 99% Herbicide and Pesticide reduction
  • > 99% Glyphosate reduction
  • > 98% VOC reduction
  • > 96% Pharmaceutical reduction
  • > 98% Heavy metal reduction
  • > 98% THM's (Trihalomethanes) reduction
  • > 92% Nitrates reduction
  • > 92% Fluoride reduction - All types - Fluorosilicic acid/hydrofluorosilicate, sodium fluorosilicate, and sodium fluoride
  • > 99% Fluorinated Organic Acids (PFOA & PFOS)
  • > 99% Microplastics

Phosphor

I have a good source of locally distilled water that tests very near zero on my conductivity meter (does not conduct electricity, no mineral content.) I decided that I would rather have an RO system and not have to make the drive 40 minutes one way every week, plus those trips used a lot of gasoline. The tap water here has naturally occurring fluoride in it, plus it is Colorado river water that travels down the CAP (Central Arizona Project) open canal losing 50% of its water content on the way. The hardness level is astronomical and not "natural" because of the evaporation. On my conductivity meter, it is literally off the scale, and if I try to use a countertop distiller, it takes three (3) trips through it, having to clean it with vinegar each time, for it to reach a reasonable state of non-conductivity. I feel MUCH better drinking distilled and supplementing with minerals than I do on tap water, and bottled water is not regulated and contains micro-plastics. So I spent $500 and put in an Ultima 7 five-stage RO undersink system. On the meter it reads about 30, which is very close to distilled. I am totally happy with the system.

Phosphor

Quotes are not working and I do not know why.
"I have one of these under-sink filters - they're huge! But they take out 100% of fluoride and chlorine and are not reverse osmosis, which has its own problems. Distilled Water or Reverse Osmosis vs Whole House Water Filter - Ideal Earth Water They're not cheap, though."

I would like to see independent testing of your system. Someone I know recently tested a bunch of pitchers that claimed to remove fluoride, and almost none of them did. That's why I'd like to see independent testing. RO, I'm sure of because of the membrane. Yes it can be a hassle.

OP
Peachy

Peachy

OP
Peachy

Peachy

I've looked into and tried a lot of the options out there.. Berkey, Aquasana, Aquagear, Clearly Filtered, etc. I was specifically focused on fluoride reduction.

The 'Direct Connect' option from Radiant Life turned out to be pretty cool and cost effective. 1 filter lasts like a year and a half, and all your cold water is filtered at that faucet.

I've pasted the specs below.

On a related note, anybody know anything about 'structured water'? A lot of times, even with the best filtered water, you don't get that thirst quenching feeling.. and supposedly structured water can do that? For example - stuff like what this person sells: Shop — Karen Atkins

• > 99% Chloramine reduction - 3ppm challenge
  • > 99% Chlorine reduction
  • > 99% Lead reduction
  • > 99% Herbicide and Pesticide reduction
  • > 99% Glyphosate reduction
  • > 98% VOC reduction
  • > 96% Pharmaceutical reduction
  • > 98% Heavy metal reduction
  • > 98% THM's (Trihalomethanes) reduction
  • > 92% Nitrates reduction
  • > 92% Fluoride reduction - All types - Fluorosilicic acid/hydrofluorosilicate, sodium fluorosilicate, and sodium fluoride
  • > 99% Fluorinated Organic Acids (PFOA & PFOS)
  • > 99% Microplastics
Thank you so much for sharing your experience!

OP
Peachy

Peachy

I bought mine from Costco. I have been using reverse osmosis filtration for over 20 years. You can also invest in a conductance meter and test the tap water, it is quite amazing how much the value drops. The lower the conductance, the lower the dissolved minerals, mostly from calcium. The water tastes much better, and so does tea or coffee.

For heart health, I add Zeta Aid to a large glass of water, 2-3 times a day. It strengthens the colloidal suspension of the blood and prevents thereby heart disease. Highly recommended! Zeta Aid is a combination of potassium-based electrolytes that 'charges' up the blood particles, increasing electrostatic repulsion, thereby preventing blood clots or bacterial biofilms from forming. Zeta Aid was formulated by Dr. T.C. McDaniel and it is based on Thomas M. Riddick's book about the Zeta Potential and colloidal stability with a chapter on cardiovascular disease, which I have. I also have a PDF of the book, if anyone is interested.
Interesting! Will definitely look into this as I dive deeper into the water situation. ? Feel free to dm me the pdf if you get a chance!

OP
Peachy

Peachy

Do you add other trace mineral drops or just Zeta Aid crystals?

StephanF

Forum Supporter
Do you add other trace mineral drops or just Zeta Aid crystals?
Not at the moment but I used ocean minerals a while back, where the salt (NaCl) was removed. It has a lot of trace minerals.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals