Under Eye Skin Is Thin And Wrinkly

morgan#1

68131020-DB81-444F-AADD-7BEF6EC6B40D.jpeg
What body fat percentage would you estimate has resulted from eating such an amount of calories? How tall are you? How much do you weigh?

Is that you in the avatar? I always wonder what women on the forum look like. More importantly, about before/afters..
I don’t know what this has to do with the OP’s topic. But yes that is me in my garden 2 months ago...this is me about 4 months ago at the gym:

We all just have to go our own way as far as calories go. I workout every other day or every third day. Lift heavy, try to do no cardio, but that is hard.

I used to be around 95 pounds , sickly looking with my eating disorder. Now the Ed is behind me, about 4 years and I’m 5’4” weighing around 122

But I don’t want to mislead anyone. I’m still struggling, not with food just with life

I have no idea the bf on me. I have no stomach pouch and no cellulite on my rear. That leads me to believe there is very little fat accumulation on me.

morgan#1

Also in addition to the calorie thing, and not misleading anyone, I do one or two days of 2,300 ish calorie intake. No specific reason, I honestly have no appetite so it isn’t that hard for me to do. So it’s not that lg of a number kilos

I guess all the times I was praying to not have any cravings (they did me in with the Ed) might have come true. Every once in a while I have cravings and hunger, but not much anymore. I miss my hunger, a friend says it just takes time for appetite regulation. Who knows.

Rick K

Started Peating at the beginning of the year and am finally regaining my health. Now that the most serious issues are subsiding I’m trying to work on the rest. One less serious thing that does bother me is how bad the skin around my eyes looks. Years of paleo/keto, high cortisol/stress and general ill health has definitely taken a toll. My under eye skin is thin and very wrinkly compared to the rest of my face. I would love to know of anything that might significantly help
You really want to learn about the power of GHK peptide with copper. Available for cheap in liquid form. Will resolve your skin issue.

Rick K

Can you post the product info
Type it into google; lots of sources in U.S. Topical application is fine. You'll find it on Amazon, Platinum Skin Care, Beautylish.com etc. Search for ghk with copper(Cu2)

LUH 3417

Type it into google; lots of sources in U.S. Topical application is fine. You'll find it on Amazon, Platinum Skin Care, Beautylish.com etc. Search for ghk with copper(Cu2)
I was wondering what brand you use as some of them are very expensive and have lots of additional ingredients. I googled it and my question remains.

Rick K

I was wondering what brand you use as some of them are very expensive and have lots of additional ingredients. I googled it and my question remains.
You simply want a 2ml bottle of liquid with nothing but ghk plus copper. No more than $15. From sources I've listed above.

akgrrrl

In addition to the outside and inside apps, I would offer that the skin around eyes is already 1/20th as thick as the rest of the face. So, never ever rubbing, stretching, or pulling in any way is imperative. Application of product begs the use of a less dominant strength finger from the outer eye corner sweeping to the inside.

dreamcatcher

I’m new to this so please bear with me: I was under the impression that raising HGH and fasting both increased cortisol? High cortisol (among other things) is what messed me up pretty bad and led me here, finally getting that turned around so I don’t want to go back in that direction. If I’m wrong please advise.
I’m currently taking vitamin D, K, magnesium and B vitamins (which I seemed to be really lacking before), getting C and A from foods currently. Is there something I’m missing or need to add topically? Will it all just take time or am I on the wrong track?
Why don't you take ashwaghanda to lower cortisol? Seaweed is also beneficial to consume.

Beastmode

Ray Peat on the topic:

"Skin around the eyes is normally thin, so the loss of elasticity is more noticeable. Topical progesterone, DHEA, and testosterone help to restore thickness and elasticity."

"A solution of 1 or 2% in oil is effective, just a few drops in an oil that could be a mixture of vitamin E and olive oil."

OP
J

Jen

Cinderella, I have lowered cortisol at this point, just don’t want to do anything to spike it back up, like fasting. I’m hoping that with my new way of eating/supplementing/living that I’ll see some improvement with the undereye skin gradually. Just didn’t know if there was something specific that made it worse to begin with or that I may still be missing. I’m really gentle with my eyes knowing that the skin is very thin, it just seemed to be the first place that my bad health was noticeably aging.

Thank you so much for the topical suggestions, I will try them. I have progesterone that I can start using in vitamin E oil now and am interested in the ghk +copper. I feel a little dumb though, I searched amazon and the other 2 sites and didn’t see what you wrote about... lots of serums and things with multiple ingredients, nothing with just the ghk peptide with copper or even anything with very few ingredients. The closest I found was this for $30

https://www.amazon.com/Solution-Ing...ocphy=9032224&hvtargid=pla-559745827118&psc=1

If anyone else finds it please share? Thanks again for the advice

Rick K

Cinderella, I have lowered cortisol at this point, just don’t want to do anything to spike it back up, like fasting. I’m hoping that with my new way of eating/supplementing/living that I’ll see some improvement with the undereye skin gradually. Just didn’t know if there was something specific that made it worse to begin with or that I may still be missing. I’m really gentle with my eyes knowing that the skin is very thin, it just seemed to be the first place that my bad health was noticeably aging.

Thank you so much for the topical suggestions, I will try them. I have progesterone that I can start using in vitamin E oil now and am interested in the ghk +copper. I feel a little dumb though, I searched amazon and the other 2 sites and didn’t see what you wrote about... lots of serums and things with multiple ingredients, nothing with just the ghk peptide with copper or even anything with very few ingredients. The closest I found was this for $30

https://www.amazon.com/Solution-Ing...ocphy=9032224&hvtargid=pla-559745827118&psc=1

If anyone else finds it please share? Thanks again for the advice
Skin Actives Scientific | Take Control of Your Skin‎, type in copper peptide...$15

mrchibbs

Topical progesterone or DHEA and oral pregnenolone will fix it pretty easily.
It's cortisol at the root, it ''melts'' away connective tissues over years of chronic stress, and there's so much of it in the face.

However if your face is visibly affected (nasolabial fold, under eye issues etc.), then you have to realize other important tissues in your body have been affected too.
Fixing thyroid issues, getting gelatin daily and other protein, over time will rebuild the connective tissues.

Progesterone is the most potent endogenous cortisol antagonist, does wonders for the skin. I suspect Cholesterol cream as mentioned above works in a similar way by increasing amount of steroids in the skin. Topical t3 has a similar effect, as does niacinamide. Anything pro-metabolic will fix the issues. Pregnenolone has a ''face-lifting'' effect by stopping cortisol and being a precursor for all steroids, and Ray wrote about it in Generative Energy (1994).

OP
J

Jen

Rick K- perfect, Thank you!

mrchibbs- This is a really good and simple explanation, makes good sense! I have known for a long time that the connective tissues in my body were affected, it took docs the better part of a decade to pinpoint my thyroid issues. Between that and high cortisol, keto, just running on pure stress hormones for a long time....obviously that’s going to show in my face as well, I guess I should feel lucky its just under eyes so far, lol. I do like to hear that fixing metabolism and making these changes can and will slowly help heal. Thank you, its very reassuring.

Coderr

Topical progesterone or DHEA and oral pregnenolone will fix it pretty easily.
It's cortisol at the root, it ''melts'' away connective tissues over years of chronic stress, and there's so much of it in the face.

However if your face is visibly affected (nasolabial fold, under eye issues etc.), then you have to realize other important tissues in your body have been affected too.
Fixing thyroid issues, getting gelatin daily and other protein, over time will rebuild the connective tissues.

Progesterone is the most potent endogenous cortisol antagonist, does wonders for the skin. I suspect Cholesterol cream as mentioned above works in a similar way by increasing amount of steroids in the skin. Topical t3 has a similar effect, as does niacinamide. Anything pro-metabolic will fix the issues. Pregnenolone has a ''face-lifting'' effect by stopping cortisol and being a precursor for all steroids, and Ray wrote about it in Generative Energy (1994).

İs progesterone safe for men?

mrchibbs

İs progesterone safe for men?

Very. Especially if you are sick, it does wonder, and it is a precursor to testosterone too.
However, taken on its on for too long will lower libido in some men. That just means you don't need it as much.

I tend to see it as an emergency supplement, but I do use it topically on my skin regularly, as it doesn't have those effects there.

Cholesterol skin cream made my dark undereyes that i had since decades almost vanish in 2 days (3 applications). I simply took my favorite product and mixed in 10% cholesterol powder.
@rei if you wouldn't mind clarifying, I was wondering if I understand your DIY cholesterol skin cream correctly. The O'Keeffe's working hands cream product I usually see is a 3.4 oz container (~96 grams), looks like a hockey puck. So you mixed in around 10 grams of the cholesterol powder you had into the container, and then applied a dab of that to your skin? Have you seen the reappearance of the skin issue you were treating?

I've been curious about the cholesterol skin cream since I saw some of Ray Peat's comments on its use:
Brand New Ray Peat-inspired Skincare Product Now Available!
KMUD “Do you see any protocol, or do you have any answers in terms of rejuvenating skin cholesterol?”
RP “Experimentally and in the cosmetic industry they are starting to put cholesterol in cosmetic products, in effect it does rejuvenate the cells, it restores their ability to divide healthfully.”
KMUD “So you can physically, topically apply cholesterol in the form of an ointment or a cream to the skin and expect the skin to take up a reasonable portion of that?”
RP “That’s what the experiments show and the cosmetics companies are taking advantage of it”
KMUD “Interesting because that was the whole thing that you mentioned about vitamin D production in the elderly - you have to have twice as much or more sunlight exposure to get the same conversion from cholesterol to vitamin D which is so important for immune health and immune surveillance.”
RP “There’s half as much cholesterol in the old skin”
KMUD “From an anti aging perspective, I know the collagen is the issue in people’s skin when they get older, it starts to look a little unsightly or wrinkly or saggy - do you think there is much that can be done to restore the collagen or the scaffold in which the skin is normally elastic and stretchy?
RP “Yeah the cells normally are able to turn it over - energised cells can eat up the hardened, aged collagen and let the cells produce fresh collagen. And the cholesterol lets the cells divide normally and so they are more energetic, produce a thicker layer of healthy calls rather than a scaly hardened layer of aged flaky cells.”
Here is one study where a skin cream with cholesterol (2%) was used:
Use of Topical Glycolic Acid Plus a Lovastatin-Cholesterol Combination Cream for the Treatment of Autosomal Recessive Congenital Ichthyoses
It actually has impressive before and after photos (visible torsos for those at work), although lovastatin appears to be the other active ingredient.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals