Under Eye Skin Is Thin And Wrinkly

Jen

Started Peating at the beginning of the year and am finally regaining my health. Now that the most serious issues are subsiding I’m trying to work on the rest. One less serious thing that does bother me is how bad the skin around my eyes looks. Years of paleo/keto, high cortisol/stress and general ill health has definitely taken a toll. My under eye skin is thin and very wrinkly compared to the rest of my face. I would love to know of anything that might significantly help

baccheion

Fat-soluble vitamins. One part is restoring moisture (via increasing HGH, for example, but there are many ways). Another is repairing collagen (all over). Either way, it's a combination of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids.

May be due to muscle tone (ie, lower acetylcholine due to higher serotonin, dopamine, or maybe even GABA), (cellular) dehydration, or poor blood/lymph flow. When connective tissue and muscles in that area weaken, "thinning" occurs.

Wrinkling around the eyes (outside corners) is one sign of HGH deficiency.

Hormone Deficiency Test

Last edited:

olive

Water fasting reliably fixes this issue and now I know why. Must be the massive GH increase. @baccheion

Sprinting also spikes GH so may be a viable option.

baccheion

Water fasting reliably fixes this issue and now I know why. Must be the massive GH increase. @baccheion

Sprinting also spikes GH so may be a viable option.
I was referring to HGH as a means to increase moisture. There are also signs of HGH deficiency. On the other hand, it could have a part to play. It could also be poor circulation or lymph movement. IIRC, lymph gets a chance to be cleared during fasts.

OP
J

Jen

I’m new to this so please bear with me: I was under the impression that raising HGH and fasting both increased cortisol? High cortisol (among other things) is what messed me up pretty bad and led me here, finally getting that turned around so I don’t want to go back in that direction. If I’m wrong please advise.
I’m currently taking vitamin D, K, magnesium and B vitamins (which I seemed to be really lacking before), getting C and A from foods currently. Is there something I’m missing or need to add topically? Will it all just take time or am I on the wrong track?

Peatful

Started Peating at the beginning of the year and am finally regaining my health. Now that the most serious issues are subsiding I’m trying to work on the rest. One less serious thing that does bother me is how bad the skin around my eyes looks. Years of paleo/keto, high cortisol/stress and general ill health has definitely taken a toll. My under eye skin is thin and very wrinkly compared to the rest of my face. I would love to know of anything that might significantly help
Hi @Jen

I had this
It took about a year plus to resolve

So first bit of advice is to keep doing what you are doing and give it time
It sounds like you’re moving in the right direction

For me-
I’m not sure if it was more gut related or too high estrogen, deficient progesterone related
Probably a combination of both
Keep an eye on those two areas of your health and how it correlates to your skin

Lastly
Have you read this Peat article?
Blocking Tissue Destruction

rei

Cholesterol skin cream made my dark undereyes that i had since decades almost vanish in 2 days (3 applications). I simply took my favorite product and mixed in 10% cholesterol powder.

Peatful

Cholesterol skin cream made my dark undereyes that i had since decades almost vanish in 2 days (3 applications). I simply took my favorite product and mixed in 10% cholesterol powder.
What a great hack.
What was the cause of your under eye darkness?
Brand of cream do you use?

Last edited:

rei

Don't know cause, probably just bad health that i now have started to get under control after months of care. The cream is okeeffe's "working hands" it becomes more watery and light when the cholesterol dissolves. It is stearic acid and glycerol based.

Peatful

Don't know cause, probably just bad health that i now have started to get under control after months of care. The cream is okeeffe's "working hands" it becomes more watery and light when the cholesterol dissolves. It is stearic acid and glycerol based.
Thanks-
Sorry
I meant to ask about the cholesterol powder!
Source?

Peatful

Peater

Interesting. I wonder why a diet high in good cholesterol (Eggs, steak, red meat) wouldn't sort this problem out too. (I have it and eat mostly Peaty Paleo - NO grains, NO seed oil, limiting dairy more now)

rei

Because you need to get the high concentration to the area where repair is needed. If you can absorb 100mg per egg the resulting concentration per skin unit is vanishingly small.

OP
J

Jen

Peatful, thanks for the encouraging words- I’m hoping as gut and hormone health improve my skin will too. Wish it was just darkness I was worried about because that sounds like such an easy solution with the cholesterol, wow.

baccheion

Peatful, thanks for the encouraging words- I’m hoping as gut and hormone health improve my skin will too. Wish it was just darkness I was worried about because that sounds like such an easy solution with the cholesterol, wow.
How much of each fat-soluble vitamin are you taking? Vitamin A has a noticeable effect on skin. You could even try the megadose strategy (ie, 10x RDA for vitamins; 30,000 IU retinyl palmitate, 20,000 IU D3, 225 IU E, 10 IU : 2 mcg+ MK-4, 900 mg vitamin C, etc).

Peater

Because you need to get the high concentration to the area where repair is needed. If you can absorb 100mg per egg the resulting concentration per skin unit is vanishingly small.
Thanks

morgan#1

I’m not sure if it was more gut related or too high estrogen, deficient progesterone related
Probably a combination of both
Keep an eye on those two areas of your health and how it correlates to your skin
For me, this was/is the case. I have tighter and thicker skin when my hormones are somewhat balanced. I used to have really thin skin, now thanks to Peat and learning and experimenting I have 90% tighter skin. The reason I am thinking it’s hormonal is that it vacillates (time of the month thing). I have no answers, but with a little push (supplemental dhea, progesterone, and preg) it’s gotten night and day better.

As an aside I do eat 2 huge eggs most days. I tried the low-fat thing. And it wasn’t working. Now keeping my fat around 20% I eliminate at least 2 in am. Good luck

Edit: I needed to eat enough, (for me I guesstimate 2,600 non-workout days, around 3,000ish when I’m lifting) the body does not think skin and collagen,etc. are important enough when you’re not eating enough. It’s going for things to keep you alive. That might be all it would take, especially to get your hormones in check.

Last edited:

baccheion

For me, this was/is the case. I have tighter and thicker skin when my hormones are somewhat balanced. I used to have really thin skin, now thanks to Peat and learning and experimenting I have 90% tighter skin. The reason I am thinking it’s hormonal is that it vacillates (time of the month thing). I have no answers, but with a little push (supplemental dhea, progesterone, and preg) it’s gotten night and day better.

As an aside I do eat 2 huge eggs most days. I tried the low-fat thing. And it wasn’t working. Now keeping my fat around 20% I eliminate at least 2 in am. Good luck

Edit: I needed to eat enough, (for me I guesstimate 2,600 non-workout days, around 3,000ish when I’m lifting) the body does not think skin and collagen,etc. are important enough when you’re not eating enough. It’s going for things to keep you alive. That might be all it would take, especially to get your hormones in check.
What body fat percentage would you estimate has resulted from eating such an amount of calories? How tall are you? How much do you weigh?

Is that you in the avatar? I always wonder what women on the forum look like. More importantly, about before/afters..

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals