Uncoupling to deplete PUFA...

Jing

Nice "Mr know my stuff more than me" !
I didn't invent numbers random, i count my calories everyday. I have years of experience counting calories and i can eye ball almost everything since I remember almost every nutritional value. But still i count them almost everyday. I never eat less than 3200 calories.
You literally said you don't count your calories everyday.... Either way the reason you are losing fat is because you are in a calorie deficit.. the things you are taking are speeding up your metabolism so you maintenance calories are higher.

hei

In general, the thinner you are the less PUFA you'll have stored and the more selectively insulin sensitive your body will be.

So having low body fat% and/or good muscle development can make it easier to 'handle' carbs.
Yeah, if you're a ripped 20 year old trying to get even ripped-er, then you're in a virtuous cycle where everything works perfectly. If you actually need to lose fat then it looks like you're SOL.

AndrogenicJB

Maybe 14 %. I was 93 kg, now I'm 86-87kg.
I don't count my calories everyday,i eat to refuel my body,no starch,glucose tablets,orange juice,apple juice,milk,gelatin and cheese. Sometimes tuna when i crave more protein after training. T3 occasionally,small amounts of 3 mcg. 3-5 mg of DHEA twice a day with vitamin E for inhibiting aromatase.(sometimes I use pansterone). Aspirin with some high caffeineted drink, 1-2grams every 6 hours is the key to uncouple. Sometimes i even add nicotine/tobacco as it increases uncoupling aswell.
any effect on teeth with all the sugar

smojuv

From 3200 to 4500 depends on the day.
Sometimes i arrive to 800g carbs.
Are you still doing no-fat?
If so, did it start working very well from the get-go or did some supplements make it significantly better?
Also approximately how fast are you dropping the weight ?

I am trying to make very low fat work, my appetite goes up & up but eating to that appetite makes me retain more water + libido & sleep are sub optimal. So it's hard to tell any fat loss which is my current #1 priority.

Although when I am eating to appetite like this (3500 to 4500calories usually), digestion gets better and more regular, the workouts are insane and its seemingly easy to put on muscle mass and impossible to gain fat.

Dr. B

Sure, the first time I took it it nearly killed me. I was taking 600mg of Russian crystal DNP and was feeling great until 3 days in I had an allergic reaction with hives all over. Overnight, my body temperature rose to over 104F accompanied by extreme thirst and delirium. I didn't learn my lesson (my desire to lose weight fast overrode my sense of caution) so I resumed a few weeks later with antihistamines until I reached my goal weight. I had swollen, red, itchy legs on and off during that time. I went from 190lbs to 170 in a matter of weeks. I remained weight stable for over a year with the only lingering side effects being occasional weakness and heaviness in my legs that eventually resolved on its own. I was glad it was over with and thought I'd never use it again.

Well, after an extremely stressful event in my life, I went up to 185lbs and decided DNP would be the best way to cut effortlessly. This time I used an American source. I felt fantastic while taking it, way better than normal, (likely due to my abysmal thyroid function at the time) and continued on it until I ran out after 6 weeks, ending up around 165lbs. I stayed on it far longer than I had planned because of how good it made me feel. The sides I experienced towards the end of the run were minor, just some occasional pins and needles sensations in my arms and a slight fullness in my ears that would come and go. Both eventually went away within days of quitting. I even had an eye exam after the 6 weeks and no cataracts were found. At this point, I felt DNP was a miracle substance that was unduly withdrawn from the market and that my very first experience with it was just a fluke. Looking back, I believe the reason I felt so good on it is that it was functioning as a thyroid surrogate, as I later had a thyroid test done which revealed atrocious numbers.

Over a year after that, I foolishly used DNP again despite having very little fat to lose. Perhaps the stuff has the potential to be addictive, or maybe I just missed how great it made me feel ,especially during winter. So I used some Chinese DNP in varying amounts, as all the old DNP vendors were gone at this point. This time around, the euphoria and sense of well-being never came. Instead, the burning pins and needles sensation in my arms returned almost immediately and lingered, followed by a cascade of nasty side effects over the next ten days.

I had the following side effects: extreme fatigue, unquenchable thirst, nausea, loss of appetite, heavy and swollen legs, insurmountable drowsiness, burning pain in my gums anytime I'd salivate, prolonged tinnitus sometimes accompanied by hearing loss in one ear, acne, bloody sinuses, irritability, horrible body odor, numb hands and feet (neuropathy), marked total body inflammation, and color vision changes. The latter I noticed when I looked through some latticework into my yard I saw a stark difference in color between my left and right eye. Out of my left eye the grass was green and healthy but out of my right they were yellow and dry. Needless to say, I immediately quit after the rapid emergence of these side effects and destroyed my supply of DNP.

The above side effects came on fast and hard and were slow to resolve. They're all gone now, except for the occasional heavy legs. I consider myself fortunate that further damage was not done though I shudder at the thought of what effects it had on my organs. It's worth mentioning that I took vitamin c and e along with taurine which apparently did nothing to prevent side effects.

Based on my experience, I can see how many people are emboldened to take DNP. However, the substance can quickly turn on you, or rather your body's reaction to it can vary significantly over a short period of time. It's unpredictable and dangerous. Oh, and it also stops working or your body develops a tolerance over time, i.e. it backfires. I don't think anyone knows the exact mechanism of this but I would wager that it's an attempt by the body to slow the metabolism. Whatever the mechanism, it can't be good.
thanks for sharing the experience mate. i think this effect of body slowing the metabolism, was that like a cortisol stress response? it seems there's a bunch of things that can cause a stress response even though the substances are considered pro metabolic. like iodine, T3, pregnenolone, all considered pro metabolic but if you supplement seem to cause stress responses

Dr. B

Are you still doing no-fat?
If so, did it start working very well from the get-go or did some supplements make it significantly better?
Also approximately how fast are you dropping the weight ?

I am trying to make very low fat work, my appetite goes up & up but eating to that appetite makes me retain more water + libido & sleep are sub optimal. So it's hard to tell any fat loss which is my current #1 priority.

Although when I am eating to appetite like this (3500 to 4500calories usually), digestion gets better and more regular, the workouts are insane and its seemingly easy to put on muscle mass and impossible to gain fat.
@Razvan mate what do you think about dairy fat. like grass fed whole milk, half gallon daily. would you still get lean due to the unique effects of saturated dairy fats.

Razvan

Carbs
whats your overall diet, sources for each macro?
Carbs= watermelon,oj,cherries,apple juice,coke,milk,ice cream.
Fats= cheese,dark chocolate,ice cream.
Proteins= milk,cheese,tuna occasionally gelatin with ground beef and liver.

80- 150 fats
80-140 protein
400-700 carbs
Meal exemple : goat cheese,onion,tuna and orange juice, 1kg of cherries in season

meatbag

any effect on teeth with all the sugar
what kind of issues were you seeing with your teeth? Were you consuming a lot of orange juice? A lot of it is from unripe oranges and is high in citric acid or has pulp dissolving enzymes, flacor packs, etc that might introduce additional issues, especially if you're not rinsing after eating

meatbag

Carbs

80- 150 fats
80-140 protein
400-700 carbs
Meal exemple : goat cheese,onion,tuna and orange juice, 1kg of cherries in season
epic

Dr. B

Carbs

80- 150 fats
80-140 protein
400-700 carbs
why do you need the tuna and ground beef in there, why not just milk, plus whey protein and liver?
interesting, highly saturated fat diet mate.
also why not raise protein to something like 200 grams?
so when you eat the tuna, or ground beef or liver do you just eat them plain? without any rice, bread, tortilla etc?
any spices or supplements, vitamins used? how do you get vitamins E and K!

Dr. B

Yes it could,I'm getting to 8% body fat without a caloric deficit, only by taking 1-2 grams of aspirin every 5-6 hours with enough honey,300 mg B1 and DHEA And or T3. Arrived to 37.4 c.
wow thats bonkers mate. is the 300mg B1 for carbonic anhydrase effects or for what purpose?

Vins7

Carbs

80- 150 fats
80-140 protein
400-700 carbs
Is your digestion better eating like this instead of starches? Or have you never had digestion issues?

peter88

Carbs

80- 150 fats
80-140 protein
400-700 carbs
What does your current diet and supplement routine look like?

OccamzRazer

PUFA depletion may not be for everybody, particularly if you've been thin or 'histadelic' your whole life!

Whenever I go too low in PUFA my skin quality suffers - particularly the skin on my hands.

A balanced approach for such individuals might be to occasionally eat salmon roe or chia seeds within a carb-free meal (less glycation that way).

I look and feel WAY better eating a little omega-3 once every few weeks.

Dr. B

PUFA depletion may not be for everybody, particularly if you've been thin or 'histadelic' your whole life!

Whenever I go too low in PUFA my skin quality suffers - particularly the skin on my hands.

A balanced approach for such individuals might be to occasionally eat salmon roe or chia seeds within a carb-free meal (less glycation that way).

I look and feel WAY better eating a little omega-3 once every few weeks.
whats your normal diet , fat sources like
if you get 50g fat from milk and beef shouldnt that provide 1.5g to 3g pufa!