Uncoupler DNP Causing Peripheral Neuropathy, How?

Philomath

As far as ATP, I ran across this:
"Emodin has an opposing effect, increasing the metabolic rate. It increases mitochondrial oxygen consumption and ATP synthesis, while decreasing oxidative damage (Du and Ko, 2005, 2006; Huang, et al., 1995)."
Maybe Lapodin could help.

Philomath

here's the abbreviated study (for rats - but @haidut has posted rat:human conversions)

Effects of emodin (EMD) treatment on mitochondrial ATP generation capacity and antioxidant components as well as susceptibility to ischemia-reperfusion (I-R) injury were examined in male and female rat hearts. Isolated-perfused hearts prepared from female rats were less susceptible to I-R injury than those of male rats. I-R caused significant decreases in ATP generation capacity and reduced glutathione (GSH) and alpha-tocopherol (alpha-TOC) levels as well as glutathione reductase, Se-glutathione peroxidase and Mn-superoxide dismutase (SOD) activities. The lower susceptibility of female hearts to myocardial I-R injury was associated with higher levels of GSH and alpha-TOC as well as activity of SOD than those of male hearts. EMD treatment at 3 daily doses (0.6 or 1.2 mmol/kg) could enhance myocardial mitochondrial ATP generation capacity and antioxidant components in both male and female rat hearts, but it only significantly protected against I-R injury in female hearts. Treatment with a single dose of EMD invariably enhanced mitochondrial antioxidant components and protected against I-R injury in both male and female hearts. The gender-dependent effect of EMD treatment at multiple doses may be related to the differential antioxidant response in the myocardium and/or induction of drug metabolizing enzymes in the liver.

haidut

Forum Supporter

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut ahh. How much emodin is in cascara sagrada in terms of % ?

Usually 8% - 10% in good quality bark. There are studies on even very low doses of emodin having an effect and Ray has told people a pinch of cascara daily is enough for the metabolic benefits.

OP
S

superhuman

@haidut ahh cool. Thanx.

Do you have anything else to add in terms of PN recovery? im currently doing pregnenolone,dhea,tyromax,cascara,500mg niacinamide 3x a day, caffeine, 5-10k Vit A a day, 5k vit D,

Aslidaku

@superhuman did you ever figure out how to fix your pn? currently have it right now thanks to dnp been about a week and a half and I want to lose it as quick as possible. I have all the bad sides just in my toes, mostly bearable and walkable with but still very uncomfortable to put weight on my toes and my hands have only become overly sensitive but other than that nothing.

whats the verdict on DNP and PN? im looking to run a 2-3 week cycle at 100 or 250 mg DNP Everyday, i dont think you can get PN from a low dose one time cycle? ill be eating nutrient dense foods, liver, oj, milk, streak, oysters, and supplement with some Energin and aspirin. i think ill be fine for a 2-3 week cycle. hopefully....

A.R

whats the verdict on DNP and PN? im looking to run a 2-3 week cycle at 100 or 250 mg DNP Everyday, i dont think you can get PN from a low dose one time cycle? ill be eating nutrient dense foods, liver, oj, milk, streak, oysters, and supplement with some Energin and aspirin. i think ill be fine for a 2-3 week cycle. hopefully....
Why would you want to try such a dangerous chemical, when there are so many safer alternatives available?

Also, what is your current approximate body fat percentage if you don’t mind me asking?

Why would you want to try such a dangerous chemical, when there are so many safer alternatives available?

Also, what is your current approximate body fat percentage if you don’t mind me asking?
what are the alternatives? my bf % is around 23-25%. DNP seems to be the most effective and fat selective cutting compound, especially since im a natural bodybuilder, i cant take high doses of T3 or ill burn through muscle. I have also tried high dose of aspirin but results were lackluster. only thing im worried about at a dose of 125mg/day would be PN. i dont think someone of my size (240 lbs,5'11") can die of such a "low" dose if i take the correct precautions.

View: https://pastebin.com/JTmp1QiG

View: https://pastebin.com/CJ6nvk0f

TUGgzjn.jpg

A.R

what are the alternatives? my bf % is around 23-25%. DNP seems to be the most effective and fat selective cutting compound, especially since im a natural bodybuilder, i cant take high doses of T3 or ill burn through muscle. I have also tried high dose of aspirin but results were lackluster. only thing im worried about at a dose of 125mg/day would be PN. i dont think someone of my size (240 lbs,5'11") can die of such a "low" dose if i take the correct precautions.

View attachment 39606

At the end of the day, it’s up to you what you decide to put in your body.

If you go through this forum, you will find so much natural and safe un couplers such as Defibron/Cardenosine/thiamine/oxidal etc. just have a read through these forums and read through the metabolic boosting effects.

Also, correct me if I’m wrong, DNP is usually used when a person is at around 10-12%, because the last percentage of fats are the most difficult to remove typically. At 25% body fat, imo you should rather focus on improving your diet and hormonal profile, rather than ingesting a harmful chemical such as this to get short term benefits.

Mauritio

View attachment 39606

Dont take it. You wont be satisfied and end up going higher ,which is risky .

How much weight do you think you'd loose after 2 weeks on 125mg?

Dont take it. You wont be satisfied and end up going higher ,which is risky .

How much weight do you think you'd loose after 2 weeks on 125mg?
ill probably do 1 week at 125mg and then bump it up to 250mg for 1 or 1.5 weeks. i expect to lose probably 12 pounds of pure fat in ~18 days depending on how it goes.

Mauritio

ill probably do 1 week at 125mg and then bump it up to 250mg for 1 or 1.5 weeks. i expect to lose probably 12 pounds of pure fat in ~18 days depending on how it goes.
I'd say it'll probably be less than that, at least if you stay at 125mg ,which I would definitely advise you to do.

Actually I wouldn't go over 100mg .

youngsinatra

You need cofactors, that are being increasingly utilized in ATP production, with an uncoupler-induced accelerated metabolic rate.

Neuropathy is usually due to low B1, B12, vitamin E or copper deficiency.

If you consume a lot of refined carbohydrates (white sugar, white rice/bread, sweet fruits/juices) then you will likely have thiamine (B1) deficiency, because B1 is almost exclusively found in whole grains, legumes and pork. There are many things that impair B1 absorption such as polyphenols found in coffee and tea.

GorillaHead

I think i figured out how dnp causes uncoupling and how it can make u prone to cataracts!

Check ur out. It inhibits riboflavin uptake.

no ribo. No atp. And ribo deficiency results in cataracts.

So now i am thinking if u supplement megadoses of riboflavin it would partially negate the effects of dnp completely. Which now makes me think the way dnp is straight absolutely dangerous. Riboflavin deficiencies can be serious