(Un)significant Amount Of Titanium Dioxide?

Astolfo

340BFA4E-8A1E-4F7F-BCDD-B72DD6D71888.jpeg

I bought a box of S. Boulardii today. There were two forms of it, sachet and capsule. Both of them contains 250 mg lyophilized S. Boulardi.

I chose the capsule form because other one really have a terrible taste.

But I have seen that the capsule form contains titanium dioxide in it. Should I take it? I have IBS, I don’t want to mess with the already impaired gut barrier.

Should I take it anyway?

lampofred

Dr. Peat's most recent newsletter is pretty critical of titanium dioxide (and silica), saying they cause reductive stress and mess up metabolism/cellular coordination in a pretty fundamental way.

LiveWire

It’s just such a shame. Titanium oxide is used even when there is zero actual need for pigment. Those capsules could have been left with no coloring of any kind and the morons selling them wouldn’t lose a penny in sales. Yet they colored it anyway.

I wouldn’t take it.

OP
A

Astolfo

Dr. Peat's most recent newsletter is pretty critical of titanium dioxide (and silica), saying they cause reductive stress and mess up metabolism/cellular coordination in a pretty fundamental way.

It’s just such a shame. Titanium oxide is used even when there is zero actual need for pigment. Those capsules could have been left with no coloring of any kind and the morons selling them wouldn’t lose a penny in sales. Yet they colored it anyway.

I wouldn’t take it.

Oh, then I guess I will split the capsules and drink the powder in it with some powder. Wouldn’t it be cause any problem, right? I think the capsule form and the sachet form are same.

OP
A

Astolfo

So, guys, what do you recommend? Can I take only the powder inside the capsule?

P

Peatness

The EU bans titanium dioxide as a food additive