Ultimate Fast Food, Junk Food, On-the-go Food, Restaurant Thread For Ray Peat-inspired Meals

I propose we compile a list of our favorite foods to eat on the go--whether prepared at home for later or food on the go from a convenience store, grocery store, fast food joint, or restaurant--to get the juices flowin' so when we get into those situations where we can't eat ideally, we still make a good compromise.

I say we give a suggestion and then give it a rating, 1-10 (10 being best), based on whatever logical conclusions we can reasonably conclude from what we know about the food (for example, how it's prepared or how long it's expected to sit out). It's not a perfect system but, hey, it's better than nothing.

I'll start:

Fast Food
  • In N Out, Double Double (8 or 9)
    • Unfrozen meat, sourdough bread, some veggies
    • Skip the fries: They're now cooked in sunflower seed oil (yuck)
Grocery Store
  • Gummy bears (4 or 5)
    • Gelatin and sugar, but probably with a bunch of other stuff you don't particularly need
  • Jello (5 or 6)
    • Gelatin and sugar, but maybe some other things that are not good for you
  • Homemade Jello (8 or 9)
    • Juice and Gelatin--pretty good if not great
Convenience Store
  • Bugles (6 or 7)
    • Coconut oil and sugar but some other weird stuff
  • Milk (6 or 7)
    • Good probably just beat up
  • Cheese (4 or 5)
    • Probably just some stuff to preserve it extra long
  • OJ (4 or 5)
    • Should be good; might not be able to find stuff not from concentrate
Breakfast Restaurant
  • Eggs, Milk, OJ, Coffee, Bacon/Small Steak, Sourdough (8 or 9, Maybe 10)
    • Reasonably fresh and simple for the stomach (not a lot of added fillers, preservatives)
Dinner Restaurant
  • Steak/White fish/Seafood, some Vegetables, Coffee, Milk, Desert with Gelatin and/or Sugar (8 or 9)
    • Reasonably fresh and simple for the stomach (not a lot of added fillers, preservatives)
What do you guys think? Let's hear it!
At a convenience store I like the lowest in fat unflavored pork rinds with a baby aspirin and Mexican Coke (if you can find it).

LucyL

Mexican: eat the salsa with a spoon. Avoid chips obviously and anything with a hard shell.
Slightly off topic, but I've been buying El Paso taco shells (hard ones) for the fam and they are made with limed corn and palm oil. El Paso isn't exactly an exotic specialty store brand ;) might be worth asking at a favorite Mexican restaurant if they know the ingredients in their taco shells.

RealNeat

Slightly off topic, but I've been buying El Paso taco shells (hard ones) for the fam and they are made with limed corn and palm oil. El Paso isn't exactly an exotic specialty store brand ;) might be worth asking at a favorite Mexican restaurant if they know the ingredients in their taco shells.
The theme I see here is that a lot of what people suggest are low PUFA but not low toxins. That corn is likely GE and doused in roundup.

I'm not bashing on you specifically, just saying. I understand compromises in tight situations but something to be aware of for people engaging in these things more than "seldom"

The theme I see here is that a lot of what people suggest are low PUFA but not low toxins. That corn is likely GE and doused in roundup.

I'm not bashing on you specifically, just saying. I understand compromises in tight situations but something to be aware of for people engaging in these things more than "seldom"

+1

Herbie

@jzeno most of the west boasts about not using hydrogenated oils but the USA seems to use it a lot so maybe you can get some lower pufa than expected foods.

LucyL

We all have to pick our poisons, because it's almost impossible to live without any of them.

RealNeat

We all have to pick our poisons, because it's almost impossible to live without any of them.
Yes agreed however for someone like myself I try and instill habits like, “how much more would an organic version of X product cost?”, “could I put some extra effort in and make X myself?” “Could I find a healthier version of X products since the internet is such a vast place?” … Having been a victim to convenience mentality myself where a poison became a pattern, I suggest people be careful with their justifications. Before your know it you’ll be eating subpar foods regularly.

LucyL

Yes agreed however for someone like myself I try and instill habits like, “how much more would an organic version of X product cost?”, “could I put some extra effort in and make X myself?” “Could I find a healthier version of X products since the internet is such a vast place?” … Having been a victim to convenience mentality myself where a poison became a pattern, I suggest people be careful with their justifications. Before your know it you’ll be eating subpar foods regularly.
Very true.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals