Ultimate Bone Building Stack

A.R

I know vitamin k2 is important for bone and teeth health, but what other cofactors should be supplemented along with it to get the best effects?

Thank You

tara

Ideally from sunlight and food, but I think at least D, Ca, Mg are also needed?

milk_lover

Sugar, thyroid, vitamin D, calcium, magnesium, and k2 are the obvious things, I think.

Ray Peat says high altitude, don't remember the mechanism he claimed. Could be more CO2 or less oxygen pressure.

milk_lover

Ray Peat says high altitude, don't remember the mechanism he claimed. Could be more CO2 or less oxygen pressure.
Yeah I did an experiment a few months ago by putting equal amount of chicken bones in two jars, one filled with normal drinking water and another with coke. After a week, the bones in the drinking water came out weighing less than when they started and the ones in the coke jar weighed more than when they started. It was so satisfying for me because I knew from Pear writings that sugar and CO2 are protective for the bones. This was for a class a girl in our family had in university. Of course the teacher was so appalled by the results that he gave her a B in that paper although it was written beautifully. But it contradicted all his beliefs sadly. Maybe the experiment wasn't done properly but we made sure everything was measured correctly.

tara

+1.
Maybe other CO2-optimising strategies too.

Yeah I did an experiment a few months ago by putting equal amount of chicken bones in two jars, one filled with normal drinking water and another with coke. After a week, the bones in the drinking water came out weighing less than when they started and the ones in the coke jar weighed more than when they started. It was so satisfying for me because I knew from Pear writings that sugar and CO2 are protective for the bones. This was for a class a girl in our family had in university. Of course the teacher was so appalled by the results that he gave her a B in that paper although it was written beautifully. But it contradicted all his beliefs sadly. Maybe the experiment wasn't done properly but we made sure everything was measured correctly.

Heavier by how much? :eek:

T

tca300

K2
D3
Sucrose
Calcium
Magnesium
Progesterone
Aspirin
Gelatin/Protein
Red light
Heavy Deadlifts ( bone specifically )

Last edited by a moderator:

paymanz

Other than what other guys mentioned above,i add Manganese and taurine.

You need vitamin c too and OJ provides enough.

Edit:I add zinc too!

Last edited:
L

lollipop

WoW impressive @milk_lover - great idea!!! I will certainly be referencing your experiment in the future. Inspiring.

Ron J

Other than what other guys mentioned above,i add Manganese and taurine.

You need vitamin c too and OJ provides enough.

Edit:I add zinc too!
I was reading about OJ yesterday. It's a possibility that the vitamin C content is low or very low due to the manufacturing process; do you have any info on that? I'm planning to add bicarbonate to the OJ.

J

James IV

I was reading about OJ yesterday. It's a possibility that the vitamin C content is low or very low due to the manufacturing process; do you have any info on that? I'm planning to add bicarbonate to the OJ.

Vitamin C is very sensitive to heat apparently. So pasteurized OJ probably has much lower levels than non pasteurized. Anectodally, I do notice it takes much less unpasteurized juice to give me the same positive effects as the pasteurized stuff. I can more easily make myself hyperthyroid with unpasteurized juice, so I don't drink it at night.

paymanz

I meant fresh squeezed orange juice, yes manufacturing process destroys it for sure,however I haven't read about it and don't know to what degree it effects then product!

paymanz

Vitamin C is very sensitive to heat apparently. So pasteurized OJ probably has much lower levels than non pasteurized. Anectodally, I do notice it takes much less unpasteurized juice to give me the same positive effects as the pasteurized stuff. I can more easily make myself hyperthyroid with unpasteurized juice, so I don't drink it at night.
I believe its more sensitive to air/oxygen than heat.

But I might be wrong!

Maybe UV also damages it?

Ron J

@paymanz @James IV
Didn't know vitamin C is that great for the thyroid; any links to share?
Considering the heat OJ is exposed to and storage before it's packed, I wonder what the true vitamin c content is of the alleged 120% RDA per 8fl. oz.
Apple juice isn't an option due to the added ascorbic acid, and the frozen juice concentrates in the most part have added ascorbic acid.

OP
A.R

A.R

Sugar, thyroid, vitamin D, calcium, magnesium, and k2 are the obvious things, I think.
Interesting you mention Thyroid. Taking thyroid accelerated the deterioration of my tooth cavity. But maybe that was because I weren't taking in the extra nutrients.

J

James IV

I believe its more sensitive to air/oxygen than heat.

But I might be wrong!

Maybe UV also damages it?

I'd imagine anything that promotes oxidation would be detrimental to a water soluable. I can't say for sure how damaging, since I've read conflicting information on the severity. Unpasteurized juice definitely effects me differently though. I assume it's the Vit C, but could be other factors.