Ulcers in my mouth

slayers

I have been getting more and more ulcers in my mouth since starting peat.... what do you think it is?
orange juice? carbonated water? chocolate? I usually swish my mouth out with baking soda this seems to help it heal faster

Ingenol

I'm curious on this as well. I get very frequent little "bubbles" now that I think are blocked salivary glands in the back of my mouth since starting Peat. I had these infrequently on a conventional "healthy" (read: low-fat, complex carb garbage) and virtually never on Paleo.

HDD

I just came across this in my notes on Vitamin A.

RP: "A deficiency of vitamin A can cause leukoplakia in the mouth and on the cervix of the uterus; although this is considered "pre-cancerous," I have found it to be very easily reversible, as I have discussed elsewhere.6 I suspect that the intracellular fiber, keratin, is produced when a cell can't afford to do anything more complex. Adequate vitamin A speeds protein synthesis,7 and allows it to be used "

HDD

Severe magnesium deficiency can result in low levels of calcium in the blood (hypocalcemia). Magnesium deficiency is also associated with low levels of potassium in the blood (hypokalemia). Magnesium levels drop at night, leading to poor REM (Rapid Eye Movement) sleep cycles and unrefreshed sleep. Headaches, blurred vision, mouth ulcers, fatigue and anxiety are also early signs of depletion.
http://drsircus.com/medicine/magnesium/ ... -diagnosis

This is from an article I was reading on magnesium.

Ras

Ever since I started taking high doses of chondroitin sulfate, I do not get aphthous ulcers. I would always get them after biting my lip or cheek, or after eating certain foods, but that no longer happens. I've bitten my lip and cheek several times since I started high doses of chondroitin sulfate, and the wounds simply never become ulcers. They never become anything, nor do I notice them after the bite. It's pretty remarkable, because all my life I could count on a week or two of obnoxious irritation in my mouth every time I bit my lip or cheek, but no more.

It seems to be essential for the healing of soft tissues. Below are links on the cardiovascular benefits of chondroitin sulfate.