Ukraine Crisis

Perry Staltic

Yes, but an offensive along the Polish border is not necessary or even advisable (foolish IMO) because there is too much risk and exposure. Russia is currently winning battles (barely), but is not winning the war, and won't win the war until they cutoff supply. "Infantry wins battles, but logistics wins the war."

View: https://twitter.com/vicktop55/status/1621907100556267522

View: https://twitter.com/vicktop55/status/1621907107619475457

View: https://twitter.com/vicktop55/status/1621907115781636098

OP
L

LeeLemonoil

No! Not two vehicles. Russia is done, done you hear me! They will never recover.

If you don’t get the implications of Russia’s best close AA system being overwhelmed by unknown small drones at least don’t make a fool of yourself

Hugh Johnson

If you don’t get the implications of Russia’s best close AA system being overwhelmed by unknown small drones at least don’t make a fool of yourself
There are no implications.

It's more of the "Ukraine got lucky once, sky is falling" level of thinking.

This a a war with over half a million soldiers involved. Sometimes Ukraine kills Russian vehicles. It is irrelevant.

OP
L

LeeLemonoil

Don’t know anything about this Turkish newspaper and what’s the source of them reporting this „claim“ by Mossad about casualties on both sides but I post it anyway. Run through translator

10:1 casualties ratio nearly

OP
L

LeeLemonoil

Guardian:

A former Israeli prime ministerwho served briefly as a mediator at the start of Russia’s war with Ukraine says he drew a promise from the Russian president not to kill his Ukrainian counterpart
Associated Press agency reports:
Former Prime Minister Naftali Bennett became an unlikely intermediary in the war’s first weeks, becoming one of the few Western leaders to meet President Vladimir Putin during the war in a snap trip to Moscow last March.
While Bennett’s mediation efforts appear to have done little to end the bloodshed that continues until today, his remarks, in an interview posted online late Saturday, shed light on the backroom diplomacy and urgent efforts that were underway to try to bring the conflict to a speedy conclusion in its early days.
In the five-hour interview, which touched on numerous other subjects, Bennett says he asked Putin about whether he intended to kill Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy
“I asked ‘what’s up with this? Are you planning to kill Zelenskiy?’ He said ‘I won’t kill Zelenskiy.’ I then said to him ‘I have to understand that you’re giving me your word that you won’t kill Zelenskiy.’ He said ‘I’m not going to kill Zelenskiy.’”
Bennett said he then called Zelenskiy to inform him of Putin’s pledge.
“‘Listen, I came out of a meeting, he’s not going to kill you.’ He asks, ‘are you sure?’ I said ’100% he won’t kill you.’”
Bennett said that during his mediation, Putin dropped his vow to seek Ukraine’s disarmament and Zelenskiy promised not to join NATO.

Bennet’s peacemaking efforts did not appear to take off and his time in power was short-lived, reports AP.
Last Updated: 09:17 Sunday, 05 February 2023
2h ago

'Putin did not threaten me or Germany,' says Scholz​

In the interview with Bild am Sonntag, Olaf Scholz said Vladimir Putin “has not made any threats against me or Germany” in his telephone conversations with the Russian president.
Former British prime minister Boris Johnson, speaking to the BBC for a documentary early this week, said the Russian leader had threatened him with a missile strike that would “only take a minute.” The Kremlin said Johnson was lying.
The German chancellor said the conversations he had with Putin made it clear they had very different views of the war in Ukraine, which Russia calls a “special military operation”.
“I make it very clear to Putin that Russia has sole responsibility for the war,” Scholz said.
“Russia has invaded its neighbour for no reason, in order to take parts of Ukraine or the whole country under its control.”
Because it was Germany’s view that Russia’s actions violated Europe’s peace framework, it was providing Ukraine with financial, humanitarian and military help, he said.

Perry Staltic

Bombardments today are much more accurate than this guy suggests because of better spotting/correction with aerial drones, smart/guided munitions, and better technology (high explosives, thermobarics, etc) than from the historical perspective (WWI, WWII) he's speaking from, but he's still very knowledgeable and interesting. He makes a very good point that using psychological incentives to surrender (tactical psychology) are much more effective than just killing people, something IMO Russia needs a lot of work on. For example, instead of expending so much artillery on front line positions where cannon fodder that really doesn't want to be there is located, why not focus on finding and eliminating the blockers, ie, nazi nationalists, who are positioned behind them to kill them if they try to retreat or surrender, along with incessant broadcasted (radio, loudspeaker, leaflets, SMS, etc) appeals and instructions to surrender?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UTsPHBLjKk

Last edited:

Hugh Johnson

I saw a video of a young male curled up in the fetal position at the bottom of a trench crying as he was being kicked and derided by a big burly guy.
a 16 year old catches shrapnel as well as an adult. As does a 70 year old or a woman. And after that a 12 year old girl.

The obvious weakness with Russia doctrine is that if your enemy wants to genocide a huge portion of its own citizenry, artillery does not differentiate between a child in uniform and a professional soldier. Put 5 soldiers and 100 kids in a uniform in a trench and the Russians need to shell it like it's 100 soldiers.

OP
L

LeeLemonoil

As Perry wrote above, in a better World Russia might devise tactics to avoid just that and instead save forced conscripts especially youngsters from their tormenters. In the process dramatically increasing the likelihood of surrenders on the battlefield and increase in sympathy within the civilian population. Don’t know if and how it could be done at all.

But there should no longer be a „hands off the leadership“ doctrine. Kiev junta are criminals, they should be killed.

I assume Putin is a coward in that regard. There likely is an unwritten rule or silent agreement that the upper tier of the warring parties don’t go hunt and kill each other. Very cozy. If Moscow would begin killing Z or some of the Western high placed envoys regularly visiting Ukraine then certainly Putin and his circle would face retaliation attempts

Perry Staltic

As Perry wrote above, in a better World Russia might devise tactics to avoid just that and instead save forced conscripts especially youngsters from their tormenters. In the process dramatically increasing the likelihood of surrenders on the battlefield and increase in sympathy within the civilian population. Don’t know if and how it could be done at all.

Looks like RAF is making efforts to encourage surrender more than I thought. I've seen the artillery shells filled with surrender instructions, but this is the first I've seen them broadcasting via PA system

View: https://twitter.com/Trollstoy88/status/1622171266835693569

Hugh Johnson

But there should no longer be a „hands off the leadership“ doctrine. Kiev junta are criminals, they should be killed.

I assume Putin is a coward in that regard. There likely is an unwritten rule or silent agreement that the upper tier of the warring parties don’t go hunt and kill each other. Very cozy. If Moscow would begin killing Z or some of the Western high placed envoys regularly visiting Ukraine then certainly Putin and his circle would face retaliation attempts
And make a martyr? Nah, preferably he stands trial, but more likely he will live happily in Israel.

Peachy

Bombardments today are much more accurate than this guy suggests because of better spotting/correction with aerial drones, smart/guided munitions, and better technology (high explosives, thermobarics, etc) than from the historical perspective (WWI, WWII) he's speaking from, but he's still very knowledgeable and interesting. He makes a very good point that using psychological incentives to surrender (tactical psychology) are much more effective than just killing people, something IMO Russia needs a lot of work on. For example, instead of expending so much artillery on front line positions where cannon fodder that really doesn't want to be there is located, why not focus on finding and eliminating the blockers, ie, nazi nationalists, who are positioned behind them to kill them if they try to retreat or surrender, along with incessant broadcasted (radio, loudspeaker, leaflets, SMS, etc) appeals and instructions to surrender?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UTsPHBLjKk

This was fascinating!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom