Ukraine Crisis

Perry Staltic

Kadyrov tells it like he sees it: Russian leadership incompetance

Fd_WlupXgAAfxOZ

Fd_Ww3zWIAM69N7

Birdie

"The messages are coming in loud and clear today - from the crashing pound, to repudiation of establishment governments in Italy, Sweden and more to come, to Hungarian Prime Minister Orban’s call to end the Sanctions War and do so pronto.

So let’s be clear: Washington’s dunderheaded intervention in the intramural spat between Russia and Ukraine and the accompanying global Sanctions War is the surely the stupidest, most destructive project to arise from the banks of the Potomac in modern times. And the architects of this perfidious folly—Biden, Blinkin, Sullivan, Nuland et. al.—cannot be condemned harshly enough..... "

Peachy

Thanks for everyone’s posts on all the interesting angles on Liman.

I think the only way this makes sense from the Russian standpoint is 1. If they really didn’t suffer many losses while continuing to demilitarize Ukraine and 2. If they’re moving into a bigger-potatoes operation where Liman is going to be a non-issue, like the scenario @Perry Staltic offered where Russia cuts off UA’s supplies to the East.

I think Russia is going to be moving quickly to stop all attacks on their territory and that means some big changes are in store.

On the issue of morale, I think @LeeLemonoil brought up a good point that safe, organized retreat increases trust, and the newly mobilized are watching.

I don’t know about Lapin, who Kadyrov is slamming. Hopefully if it’s incompetence, it didn’t cost many lives. I do think exuberant Kadyrov is kept in the know only as much as he needs to be.

One more thought. Won’t this divert more UA troops to hold Liman, away from Nikolayev and Odessa?

Peachy

Highly doubt the "safe retreat" story. There is a lot of propaganda on both sides:

View attachment 42986

But how many were left? Someone’s reply on Texas Bentley’s post…

Seems that Liman was already an empty town. Look:

21 days to take Liman. The Ukrainians suffered extremely high losses, pulled reserves from all over Donetsk and for what? The time wasted now brings the rains and the mud. The highly valued soldiers wasted (offensive units tend to be the best equipped and trained). With the 5th of October 3 days away the Russian garrison in Liman successfully withdrew and left an empty town and media victory for the “Ukrainians”, mostly foreign fighters. Just like in Izyum the main task of the operation failed as the units of the Russian military were not surrendered or destroyed. The Ukrainian don’t want more territory that they’ll have to defend away from the protection of the Seversky Donets river. While all of this is happening the Artemovsk-Seversk line has been seriously weakened to reinforce the Liman offensive. from a military strategic standpoint this was a massive success for a wildly outnumbered Russian force. 21 days of holding is pretty crazy when you understand 500-1000 men defended this city. Glad they made it out.

Perry Staltic

Highly doubt the "safe retreat" story. There is a lot of propaganda on both sides:

View attachment 42986

If true there will be pictures and videos of dead bodies. The only videos I've seen so far are of an orderly retreat before full encirclement. Any remaining reportedly evacuated at night, so not so easy to spot and target. Also reinforcements engaging UAF makes it harder to focus on a 'kill zone"

Perry Staltic

Russian General Gurulev Agrees with Kadyrov in part and blames RAF General Staff for the Lyman loss, but not the commander over Liman. Looks like the conflict has exposed bureaucratic incompetence at Frunzenkaya Embankment, which refers to the Ministry of Defense.

Fd_vrFpX0AUw2CV

Fd_vwv3XEAAA1LQ

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom