Ukraine Crisis

Perry Staltic

Did you happen to hear where approx in the podcast he talks about that? 53 is already the ending music. Will probably listen to the whole thing eventually but was curious.

Also, can you explain why having cannon fodder in the trenches does anything to slow things down? What do they do there that buys time?

That podcast app is kind of weird. The actual elapsed time is on the left instead of the right. His comment is after 53:00

The fact that the trenches are manned slows things down because you still have to treat them as lethal, which they would be without all the artillery. I think Russia could do more to encourage them to surrender without having to go through all of that, but I'm not the one with the say.

OP
L

LeeLemonoil

The fact that the trenches are manned slows things down because you still have to treat them as lethal, which they would be without all the artillery.
Now they are really just the meat grinder. It’s sick.
I think Russia could do more to encourage them to surrender without having to go through all of that, but I'm not the one with the say.
I hoped we would be at this point already. Especially due to speaking the same language. Apparently and sadly hatred and delusion on both sides is prevalent.

Peachy

That podcast app is kind of weird. The actual elapsed time is on the left instead of the right. His comment is after 53:00

The fact that the trenches are manned slows things down because you still have to treat them as lethal, which they would be without all the artillery. I think Russia could do more to encourage them to surrender without having to go through all of that, but I'm not the one with the say.
Why is it hard for RU artillery to reach the superior troops behind the front line? Is it distance? Or would there be heavy civilian casualties?

Perry Staltic

Why is it hard for RU artillery to reach the superior troops behind the front line? Is it distance? Or would there be heavy civilian casualties?

I'm not sure, but probably because they are hiding. It takes time to surveil and find them. Like the HIMARS. I have read that they only fire at night and do a shoot-and-scoot so they don't receive counter battery fire. It takes time to locate their hiding places. Some troops are too far away and are being saved for battles they think they might win somehow. Obviously Donbass isn't one of them. It's delusional on their part because every place will be the same. You can't defeat an opponent that has overwhelming full-spectrum dominance.

rockarolla

Apparently and sadly hatred and delusion on both sides is prevalent.

There is no hatred on the part of Russians towards Ukrainians - it's too strong of a feeling so it needs to be earned. Moscow simply decided at some point(like 15 years ago) that only friendly formations could be on Russian borders. This policy is becoming the rule, so, IMO, any quasi-states like Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan(i.e. all former parts of Russian Empire taken away from Russians) are next in line after UA.

Collaborators should thank God that such a latent pro-Ukrainian figures as Putin with its closest circle still sit in the Kremlin, otherwise the case with the so-called Ukraine would have already been resolved.

OP
L

LeeLemonoil

There is no hatred on the part of Russians towards Ukrainians - it's too strong of a feeling so it needs to be earned. Moscow simply decided at some point(like 15 years ago) that only friendly formations could be on Russian borders. This policy is becoming the rule, so, IMO, any quasi-states like Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan(i.e. all former parts of Russian Empire taken away from Russians) are next in line after UA.

Collaborators should thank God that such a latent pro-Ukrainian figures as Putin with its closest circle still sit in the Kremlin, otherwise the case with the so-called Ukraine would have already been resolved.
Also @Peachy

While I value your much more direct opinion on Russian feelings I think you could be mistaken where the frontline troops are concerned. Hatred is often part of the Soldiers live. I’ve been a soldier for 3 years. I’ve seen it even without even very much direct action in a war, just Pseudo-Action at Cape of Djobuti and Afghanistan.

I think frontline Russian troops have begun to hate their Ukrainian opponents. It’s part of the „you or me“ mindset

Explorer

Russians are preparing full dress uniform for marches in Kyiv??? :woot:

View attachment 40022View attachment 40023View attachment 40024View attachment 40025
Gives fascist/imperialist like vibes, like they are made in a way to make others feel down when they see units in those uniforms and to make them feel inferior/intimidated sort of

If I recall correctly they were used by white forces during the Russian civil war in Ukraine to stop the leftist, jewish and peasant revolts.

OP
L

LeeLemonoil

Gives fascist/imperialist like vibes, like they are made in a way to make others feel down when they see units in those uniforms and to make them feel inferior/intimidated sort of

If I recall correctly they were used by white forces during the Russian civil war in Ukraine to stop the leftist, jewish and peasant revolts.
You would know about fascist vibes with your Baltic Waffen-SS fandom

Peachy

Also @Peachy

While I value your much more direct opinion on Russian feelings I think you could be mistaken where the frontline troops are concerned. Hatred is often part of the Soldiers live. I’ve been a soldier for 3 years. I’ve seen it even without even very much direct action in a war, just Pseudo-Action at Cape of Djobuti and Afghanistan.

I think frontline Russian troops have begun to hate their Ukrainian opponents. It’s part of the „you or me“ mindset
That makes sense about combat mentality. Plus they’ve seen more things first hand that are hard to forgive. I’d be interested to hear interviews. One day I’m sure we will.

Peachy

I'm not sure, but probably because they are hiding. It takes time to surveil and find them. Like the HIMARS. I have read that they only fire at night and do a shoot-and-scoot so they don't receive counter battery fire. It takes time to locate their hiding places. Some troops are too far away and are being saved for battles they think they might win somehow. Obviously Donbass isn't one of them. It's delusional on their part because every place will be the same. You can't defeat an opponent that has overwhelming full-spectrum dominance.
Thank you for the insight. Wish it wasn’t such a gruesome senseless situation.

EdK

I must say I admire your work ethic. Thousands of posts here and God knows where else, and the trawling of the internet to find any little snippet to post, it must be a full time job, I hope the half dozen people in this thread appreciate it!

Anyway, I know nothing about military matters but something doesn't add up with what you said. Can you explain how Russia has overwhelming full spectrum dominance when
- their Air Force cannot fly further into enemy territory than the front line.
- their Navy pulled out of Sebastopol and now cannot stop Ukraine's seaborne economic trade.
- they are unable to stop Ukraine's logistic system, in places the rail is virtually delivering to the front line.
- we have seen no coin ops it is a straight up conventional battle. What's taking so long? 6 months to defeat a dozen armored brigades and a rump of reserves with no heavy weapons?

I hope you can explain it to me, so then I understand what is really happening. If not I saw there is another guy here claiming he was a german army officer with multiple combat deployments, I will ask him.

rockarolla

I’d be interested to hear interviews.

The war is pretty brutal, i.e. intense. I've read the interview 3 months ago of Russian tankman who admitted that all guys from his formation were either killed or in hospitals. For storm infantry unit TTL is probably around 3..7 days.

rockarolla

Anyway, I know nothing about military matters but something doesn't add up with what you said. Can you explain how Russia has overwhelming full spectrum dominance when
- their Navy pulled out of Sebastopol and now cannot stop Ukraine's seaborne economic trade.
- they are unable to stop Ukraine's logistic system, in places the rail is virtually delivering to the front line.
- we have seen no coin ops it is a straight up conventional battle. What's taking so long? 6 months to defeat a dozen armored brigades and a rump of reserves with no heavy weapons?

Its all due to the continuous acts of sabotage of pro UA Kremlin group, which partly controls Putin IMO. The war could have ended already if order to withdraw from outskirts of Kyiv was not dispatched (for the certain agreements which were immediately broken by the Clown, while Vladimir was additionally awarded with Bucha case for his top war talents).

Last edited:

rockarolla

Isn't it funny when Abramovich(one of the Vladimir's wallets), on behalf of Putin, obediently comes to every negotiation in order to get guarantees for the safety of Putin's wealth (about a quarter of a trillion dollars) as part of a deal with the West on Ukraine.

etc...

Perry Staltic

I must say I admire your work ethic. Thousands of posts here and God knows where else, and the trawling of the internet to find any little snippet to post, it must be a full time job, I hope the half dozen people in this thread appreciate it!

I hope you can explain it to me, so then I understand what is really happening. If not I saw there is another guy here claiming he was a german army officer with multiple combat deployments, I will ask him.

First point: I really like OSINT. I'm a gamer so I'm really into strategy and tactics. Following this conflict has allowed me to totally forget about the covid fiasco to the point I literally forgot it even existed.

Second point: Full-spectrum dominance is when one side can respond to any situation that arises with overwhelming capability and force. Russia has that capability, Ukraine doesn't. Russia has numerous options how they can respond to any situation, Ukraine doesn't. Receiving a few missiles from the west that allows to you to hurt Russia in minor ways briefly (eg, HIMARS) isn't full-spectrum dominance. Having the capability to eliminate all such threats is.
- Russia doesn't have to fly beyond the front lines when they can reach out and touch any square meter of Ukraine with an array of missiles. Why risk lives when you don't have to? Smart.
- Sevastopol is those ships' home port, so if they're not there, they are out doing something in the Black Sea. Russia is not interested in stopping Ukraine's economic trade. Ukraine mined their own ports; Through negotiations with Turkey Russia helped get them unmined.
- Russia has severely limited Ukraine's logistical capabilities, but they could stop everything if they wanted to. They are not interested in stopping them completely because the Ukrainian people would suffer. Russia knows how to win the local populace's hearts, which is essential to long term stability. Look at Syria and Chechnya; those countries love Russia. Compare with the US which is hated by every country it has intervened in the last 30 years. The war's not even over yet and Ukrainian oblasts are already having referendums to join Russia.
- Why are people obsessed with the time factor? Getting in a hurry guarantees incurring more casualties. Take your time, protect your troops as much as possible and slowly but surely decimate the enemy. That can only last so long. And the longer it lasts, the worse for the west economically and the worse for Ukraine because it it will lose more land and more of it's male population.

Back
Top Bottom