Uknown toxin in pork-P. Jaminet says it could be Hep. E?

BaconBits

Weston Price foundation did a research on blood after eating pork and cooked pork makes your blood clott unlike any other food. Cured and marinated pork does not do that.

Interesting " http://www.westonaprice.org/cardiovascu ... -the-blood "

Now according to Paul Jaminet the toxin in pork could be Hepatitis E, but this virus should be killed by heat.
But it seems that the virus will survive 56°C for an hour, which is very resistant.
" http://perfecthealthdiet.com/2012/02/th ... pathogens/ "

That means that parts of pig like liver,kidney,blood and heart could be very dangerous.

I had a lot of cooked pork organs a few months ago...nothing happened. Does the same thing happen when pork is fried or roasted on a pan? Sorry I'm not English so I don't know the term.

OP
B

BaconBits

MyUsernameHere said:
I had a lot of cooked pork organs a few months ago...nothing happened. Does the same thing happen when pork is fried or roasted on a pan? Sorry I'm not English so I don't know the term.

Thats way its called uknown toxin. We just dont know yet. Basically according to WAP foundation there is something in uncured and unmarinated pork that survives heat that clotts your blood quite extremely.

P.Jaminet proposed a theory that pork could contain Hepatitis E,but the problem is nobody did any research on ti,we dont know if heat kill the virus, at which temperature and how long. No money for research.

I manage to find data that 10% of pork liver in US supermarkets is contaminated with Hepatitis E. The virus is probably in blood.

Keep in mind that Hepatitis E is a fairly new disease, it was discovered in India in 1950s.

If the clotting of blood is because of Hepatitis E i dont know.

But the statistic corelating pork consumption and liver damage is spot on. Austria and Germany top the list with the most pork consumption.

4peatssake

BaconBits said:
MyUsernameHere said:

Thats way its called uknown toxin. We just dont know yet. Basically according to WAP foundation there is something in uncured and unmarinated pork that survives heat that clotts your blood quite extremely.

P.Jaminet proposed a theory that pork could contain Hepatitis E,but the problem is nobody did any research on ti,we dont know if heat kill the virus, at which temperature and how long. No money for research.

I manage to find data that 10% of pork liver in US supermarkets is contaminated with Hepatitis E. The virus is probably in blood.

Keep in mind that Hepatitis E is a fairly new disease, it was discovered in India in 1950s.

But the statistic corelating pork consumption and liver damage is spot on. Austria and Germany top the list with the most pork consumption.
I guess this means no more bacon bits. :rolling

(I apologize for my twisted sense of humor but the irony of your screen name got the better of me. :roll: I also realize that Dan Wich may be the only person who laughs when reading that.)

In all seriousness, thank you for this information. I feel fortunate that I have not eaten pork in a long time and when I did I only ate bacon.

OP
B

BaconBits

4peatssake said:
BaconBits said:
MyUsernameHere said:

I guess this means no more bacon bits. :rolling

(I apologize for my twisted sense of humor but the irony of your screen name got the better of me. :roll: I also realize that Dan Wich may be the only person who laughs when reading that.)

In all seriousness, thank you for this information. I feel fortunate that I have not eaten pork in a long time and when I did I only ate bacon.

Technically bacon is a cured pork product, therefore it will not clott blood. But I still eat ground pork and will remain to, just will stay away from the organs and replace them with calf.

4peatssake

BaconBits said:
Technically bacon is a cured pork product, therefore it will not clott blood. But I still eat ground pork and will remain to, just will stay away from the organs and replace them with calf.
The only organ meats I eat are beef or calf liver and I'm still leery overall of pork. My body has never responded well to it. Bacon though I did like but having to refry in coconut oil to eliminate PUFA is too much of a chore. ;)

Here's what RP has to say.

About bacon

The nitrate isn't likely to be a problem if you eat it with orange juice. I fry the bacon to remove some of the fat, and then refry it in coconut oil, to remove most of the PUFA.

About pork

Pork is now fed corn and soy beans, so lard is usually as toxic as those (PUFAS) oils; use only lean pork.

4peatssake

Jenn said:
I grow my own.
I think I've asked this before - what time's dinner? :lol:
Sometimes I read your blog and my mouth drools! :mrgreen:

Jenn

I am having a snack now, but lunch is started in about an hour. I got to reload the frying oil (coconut oil) from the bulk bucket. We're having deep fried brats dipped in gulden's mustard and coffee. Maybe some fries too....
I wonder if we have any onions left?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom