UK People - What Milk Brand You Use?

zes

I am starting to tolerate milk more after years of hating it. I live in London and was wondering what brands of milk any other of the British folk on here are drinking? Thanks

ScottyVP

I like BOB now as I moved home and don't have access to raw organic milk anymore

RobertJM

I don't really get on with any of them (commercially sold), although the ones sold unhomogenised are by far the best. I've pretty much tried all of the milks now over the past few years.

ddjd

tesco do this guernsey milk, full fat, unhomogenised, so massive layer of thick cream at the top......mmmmmmmmmmmmm

ddjd

oh and as youre in london you can go to Broadway market on saturday in Hackney and buy completely raw milk, unhomogenised, unpasturised. awesome...

OP
Z

zes

oh and as youre in london you can go to Broadway market on saturday in Hackney and buy completely raw milk, unhomogenised, unpasturised. awesome...

I wasn't aware of that, thanks. I want to make OJ and milk staple parts of my diet but finding good quality organic oranges and quality milk is proving to be hard, I've been eating mostly commercial mass produced foods before I found Peat. I've tried a few of tesco's milk past couple of days and cant say there's much difference between them. I think I will stick with the milk they have though, I like it so far.

OP
Z

zes

I like skimmed milk. Do you think drinking full fat milk regularly will cause any issues?

Taurus

My favorite shop bought milk is Marks & Spencer's Organic (semi or whole, no skim) which is easy to pickup from many BP petrol stations. Tesco's Organic is nice and available skimmed if that's what you prefer. Waitrose have a non-homogenized organic milk, although I find the pasteurization causes some fat particles to permanently separate, making it somewhat unpalatable.

I used to buy raw milk online but recently found a local (ish) Jersey raw milk farm so make a trip once a week to see the ladies and fill up. :)

ScottyVP

I like skimmed milk. Do you think drinking full fat milk regularly will cause any issues?

I got fatter when I had access to raw organic jersey/Guernsey milk and drank it whole. Rather than switching to to cheaper milk I just skimmed off the cream and used it in my cooking/coffee and gave sine of the butter etc away.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals