UK parliament propose legislation to overrule judiciary! The ultimate power grab.

Peatful

Oh dear.

Peatful

Your understatement made me giggle. You must be British!
I‘m a US mom.

I just have British restraint I gather from said kids.

tankasnowgod

I heard about this yesterday, it made me shudder. They are following in the footsteps of Australia.

How did we get here?

View: https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/status/1468352845405515780

Yeah, they were doing that until March of 2020. Then, all of the sudden, they went from 2mm to a Marathon, and ignored the protests.

The question is, how long can they ignore the angry peasant with pitchforks as the number of peasants grow each day, and the number of "elite" remain steady, or shrink due to attrition?

P

Peatness

Yeah, they were doing that until March of 2020. Then, all of the sudden, they went from 2mm to a Marathon, and ignored the protests.

The question is, how long can they ignore the angry peasant with pitchforks as the number of peasants grow each day, and the number of "elite" remain steady, or shrink due to attrition?
I think the government underestimated the power of journalists (of all people) to turn on them. Some journalists are beginning to rebel, they don't want lockdown and they don't want covid passports. They want to travel

Last edited by a moderator:

CreakyJoints

I hope you don't take issue with my asking, but why do you think that sort of thing might stop them? I mean, I remember the anti-war marches under Blair, which I think were some of the biggest in European history, and at the time there were a number of high profile resignations from people like Robin Cook; and even some of the media criticised his position. Now, it appears as though there is even less integrity in Commons and in the media at large than there was then. Why should peasants with pitchforks be more of a concern now?

I am asking sincerely, because I find a lot of optimism in many of your posts, but in this instance I feel despair if the last line of defense against living in a totalitarian nightmare state is nebulous civil unrest. Will that be enough?

On this note, why would the judiciary even be able to help us anymore? For instance: in 2017, as Home Secretary, Amber Rudd was found in contempt of court on three counts for deporting an asylum seeker against the High Court's ruling, and nothing happened. No punitive measures whatsoever until after Windrush, and even then she was able to resign and return to politics almost immediately afterwards as Secretary of State! It's not the first time, and I suppose it won't be the last - but why even go through all the trouble of making it appear legitimate on paper if they act with impunity anyway? What's to stop them doing whatever they like at this stage?

CreakyJoints

...and I should correct myself here that even after Windrush there were no punitive measures, she "resigned" to save face, or perhaps as damage control.

ThinPicking

the last line of defense against living in a totalitarian nightmare state is nebulous civil unrest.
The last line of defence is non or malicious compliance. It's been happening and the number of people willing has grown throughout.

I don't want to say it's the goal but they would certainly capitalise on nebulous civil unrest. We're not far away from this, it will be a result of peoples wallets being squeezed a bit too much.

CreakyJoints

The last line of defence is non or malicious compliance. It's been happening and the number of people willing has grown throughout.

I don't want to say it's the goal but they would certainly capitalise on nebulous civil unrest. We're not far away from this, it will be a result of peoples wallets being squeezed a bit too much.

It looks odd when you edit out only a small portion of what I was asking to appear as though it was a statement; I meant it as a question though, which I think still stands.

Thank you for your perspective - but what do you think happens when everyone has less money? Will they, at a certain financial threshold, convert from their zealous hatred of the unmasked and un-injected and march in solidarity with them on Downing Street to demand their freedoms back? What might happen when they get there?

For a while now, I have been pinning my hope on the judiciary at large preventing some of the more horrific things in the pipeline, but even looking through some of the amendments being made to the current Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Bill currently in Lords is devastating.

I am looking for reasons to be hopeful again: perhaps this is one and I just can't see it yet.

EDIT: for reference, this is the latest version. The word "disease" is still in the wording of the clause under Public Nuisance, section 61.

Last edited:

ThinPicking

It looks odd when you edit out only a small portion of what I was asking to appear as though it was a statement; I meant it as a question though, which I think still stands.

Thank you for your perspective - but what do you think happens when everyone has less money? Will they, at a certain financial threshold, convert from their zealous hatred of the unmasked and un-injected and march in solidarity with them on Downing Street to demand their freedoms back? What might happen when they get there?

For a while now, I have been pinning my hope on the judiciary at large preventing some of the more horrific things in the pipeline, but even looking through some of the amendments being made to the current Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Bill currently in Lords is devastating.

I am looking for reasons to be hopeful again: perhaps this is one and I just can't see it yet.

EDIT: for reference, this is the latest version. The word "disease" is still in the wording of the clause under Public Nuisance, section 61.
Apologies, I'm highlighting the part where I might interject if we were talking.

The legal industrial complex was corrupt before the medical so I wouldn't pin hopes on that. It's the basis for all ill which is probably why it never gets any attention.

It isn't so much about anyone having "less money". More a projection of lacking funds required to service needs and pursue interests. What's the point in living if you can't feel alive. Not a mindset I hold but many do. It manifests individually all around us, at some point an awful lot will feel it.

I don't think it will come to this. They need compliance to inch the plan along.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals