UK organic meats Meat 10% off first order :)

aquaman

Not sure where to post this?

[hidden]I buy meat/bones/liver etc from http://www.greenpasturefarms.co.uk , so I emailed them asking for a discount for y'all.

--> while they sort out their coupon codes for 10% discount for first buyers, you get an effective 10% off - if you spend £45 or more you get £5 of free ribs/meat on the bone, if you mention Ray Peat Forum on "special instructions" and choose which meat you want from this:

http://www.greenpasturefarms.co.uk/products-page/primal-cuts/ribs-and-meat-on-the-bone[/hidden]

Their prices are already lower than other places I have found so I'd really recommend.

I freeze individual portions of liver/heart and freeze the bones and marrow for when I need them for Broths, so stocking up with £45 worth is not a problem.

Nstocks

Do you/have you bought minced beef? How is it in terms of fat content?

So far I've used the following companies:
Graig Farm
Well Hung Meat Company
Eversfiled Organic (I found their lamb very greasy)

They all have good offers on, so it's work looking around.

OP
A

aquaman

Sorry I missed your questions nstocks.

I emailed them asking for a proper coupon code to use since they are now using coupons.

I just bought another big batch of liver, bones, chicken necks (to make Mittir's chicken neck broth!) and various other meats etc including Beef mince - it's around 5% they say, seems low fat to me (ie you can't see much white on their meat).

Use Peatarian5 for 10% off first order if over £50 - I normally buy big batch and freeze individual packets. Always remember to divide up the liver into portions before freezing, otherwise you end up with a big clump of frozen liver!

(not associated with them). From what I've seen they are cheaper than the ones you listed, but not sure. Do your own digging!

oops, i hid the website - http://www.greenpasturefarms.co.uk/

Nstocks

aquaman said:
Sorry I missed your questions nstocks.

I emailed them asking for a proper coupon code to use since they are now using coupons.

I just bought another big batch of liver, bones, chicken necks (to make Mittir's chicken neck broth!) and various other meats etc including Beef mince - it's around 5% they say, seems low fat to me (ie you can't see much white on their meat).

Use Peatarian5 for 10% off first order if over £50 - I normally buy big batch and freeze individual packets. Always remember to divide up the liver into portions before freezing, otherwise you end up with a big clump of frozen liver!

(not associated with them). From what I've seen they are cheaper than the ones you listed, but not sure. Do your own digging!

oops, i hid the website - http://www.greenpasturefarms.co.uk/

They do seem cheaper overall - I ordered a few weeks ago for the first time so sadly I've missed the discount :(

I've just put some bones in the slow cookers! By previous batch was VERY gelatinous :)

jyb

Seems like even on "grass-fed" farms, chicken get a good lot of soy. However, it seems like their other animals get a pure diet even in winter.

The chickens receive supplemental feed which accounts for around 40% of their calorie intake, this is a mix of barley, wheat, corn and soy (all non GMO). Birds have evolved to eat grain, it is a natural part of their diet, and depriving them of it would be inhumane.

Nstocks

jyb said:
Seems like even on "grass-fed" farms, chicken get a good lot of soy. However, it seems like their other animals get a pure diet even in winter.

The chickens receive supplemental feed which accounts for around 40% of their calorie intake, this is a mix of barley, wheat, corn and soy (all non GMO). Birds have evolved to eat grain, it is a natural part of their diet, and depriving them of it would be inhumane.

I always find that chickens get a, lets say less "optimal" diet.

dd99

I've used Abel & Cole for years. They have really good quality meat - at least free range, but usually organic or wild (venison, etc) and they only source from producers who maintain their exacting standards (i.e. just because you have an organic certification, doesn't mean you produce a quality product). Abel also usually list the diet of the animals, too.

OP
A

aquaman

Yeah, they're 15-20% more expensive than the one I use (did a like-for-like on /kg weight prices)

jyb

Anyone here gets milk delivered straight from the farm? In my diet, it's by far the most important element so I'm curious to see how it compares to quality grocery stores. But so far I think that the freezing/defreezing seems too tedious, given the industrial amount of milk I drink.

Nstocks

jyb said:
Anyone here gets milk delivered straight from the farm? In my diet, it's by far the most important element so I'm curious to see how it compares to quality grocery stores. But so far I think that the freezing/defreezing seems too tedious, given the industrial amount of milk I drink.

I buy 35 pints of raw organic goat milk but not too often - perhaps 3 times per year... It's very expensive at £1.70 per PINT (though cheaper than many farms that also sell it.

I too find the defrosting tedious, so when I go to Tesco, I buy as much whole or semi skimmed goat milk as they have. It's the only commercial / pasteurised goat milk that taste nice!

Spokey

Green Pastures is very good, I've ordered from them a few times. I know it's off peat but the bone marrow sections are amazing.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals