Uk News Today 15/01/13: Breast Cancer Drug Tamoxifen

kettlebell

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-21016553

Tamoxifen is a SERM, a synthetic estrogen.

Women in England and Wales with a strong family history of breast cancer could be offered medication on the NHS to try to prevent the disease.

The National Institute of Health and Clinical Excellence has launched a consultation on whether tamoxifen could be given for up to five years.

If approved later this year, the draft guidelines would be the first of their kind in the UK.

Charity Breakthrough Breast Cancer welcomed the "exciting, historic step".

Estrogen marketing has entered a new phase, based on the idea of “specific estrogen-receptor modulators,” SERM the idea that a molecule can be designed which has estrogen's “good qualities without its bad qualities.” This specific molecule will be “good for the bones, the heart, and the brain,” without causing cancer of the breast and uterus, according to the estrogen industry - Ray Peat

Estrogen's effects on cells are immediate and profound, independent of the “estrogen receptors.” - Ray Peat

Our diets provide very significant, if not always dangerous, amounts of estrogen. - Ray Peat

SERM bolding in above quote is mine. All Quotes from "Natural Estrogens" Ray Peat Article.

Everyone here is aware of the dangers of estrogen along with this one (Tamoxifen) being a synthetic with extra side effects.

This is going to cause a further cascade of metabolic disease in the UK if it goes ahead which is quite possible. It just shows how far down a wrong path we have gone when Breakthrough Breast Cancer (Charity) welcomed the "exciting, historic step"

I bet the pharmaceutical firms are rubbing their hands in glee at this prospect.

:shock: :(

:cry:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Unfortunately I could not find a smiley that equates to the level of sadness running through me when reading this.

OP
K

kettlebell

Charlie said:
Unfortunately I could not find a smiley that equates to the level of sadness running through me when reading this.

I couldn't believe the positive way in which it was reported on the news on the TV and Radio. I was driving down the road gawping in disbelief. I should get used to it really as something like this is almost a daily occurrence in the UK, and the USA too i'm sure.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals