UK doctor switches to 80% ULTRA-processed food diet for 30 days ??? BBC

cats

Great find SamYo! Besides all the chemicals he ingested in one month, every meal he ate was starch laden, which Ray Peat says, like drugs, stimulates the opioid part of brain. Everyone should watch this 9 minute video ESPECIALLY parents!
Can you refer me to where Peat talks about opioids and starch?

ursidae

Yeah it was definitely that evil starch that gave him gyno. Cause the standard healthy diet he was on before this was starch free-OJ-milk regimen. Funny Ray peat speaks about starch opioids while brushing off the potent opioid peptides found in dairy.

Sefton10

Yeah it was definitely that evil starch that gave him gyno. Cause the standard healthy diet he was on before this was starch free-OJ-milk regimen. Funny Ray peat speaks about starch opioids while brushing off the potent opioid peptides found in dairy.
Ray slams coffee all day, which blocks the opioids in milk (I think).

ursidae

speaking of the addictiveness of the junk diet which happens to contain heaps of cheese

Wagner83

speaking of the addictiveness of the junk diet which happens to contain heaps of cheese
Thank you for pointing this out. No wonder Travis asked if he was actually paid to say this (by the dairy industry). He also thought meals combining wheat and cheese should be kept in a trenchcoat and sold for a hefty price in dark alleys (along with a bag of cascara and magnesium oxide?).

Last edited:

Mll777

So he gained 6,5 kilo of which 3 kilo was fat, that is not a bad result is it? :P

somuch4food

I've watched the entire documentary and what I baffled me the most was how the food industry lobbyist just washed his hands of any blame on the obesity rate. He puts the blame on the people which should make better choices when 75% of the supermarket is filled with ultra processed addictive junk. He also mentions that if the government puts out new regulations they will follow suit, but they can't take it upon themselves to make their foods better, no, that's too much to ask.

From going back to processed foods, I can say that it's not starch nor dairy nor sugar that are addictive. The chemicals and additives are responsible for throwing the body out of balance. That includes the chemicals produced when frying foods, more so in PUFA oils.

Can you refer me to where Peat talks about opioids and starch?
Oh gosh cats Ray Peat has so many interviews and published papers I wouldn't know where to begin looking. There is a lot about it peppered throughout this site and here would be a good place to start.

Michael Mohn

The problem is that the Doctor wilfully changed his eating habits form 3 meals a day and a few snacks to I eat whenever I want and as much as I can. Obviously his weight skyrocketed.

Another Doctor did the Twinkie Diet, eating mostly ultra processed food and lost 30 pounds.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTi5ugF9Bdk

Peat mentioned an experiment with rats, one group eating raw veggies and the other group ate cooked veggies. The raw veggie group was at the brink of extinction and malnourished.

The Twinky diet guy in the video also lost 20 pounds of muscle and replaced that with A LOT of fat! I can lose a pound a day on a cereal mono diet. I have done plenty of them and I end up slender, with jiggly legs and a lot of cellulite, but hey the scale says I am 20 pounds lighter woo hoo! How very little I knew about weight back then ?

somuch4food

The problem is that the Doctor wilfully changed his eating habits form 3 meals a day and a few snacks to I eat whenever I want and as much as I can. Obviously his weight skyrocketed.

He mentions he was eating when hungry before and that resulted in 3 meals a day with an occasional snack. Ultraprocessed foods were addictive to his brain and so he ate more and more often.

I also can't stop thinking about food if I eat fruits ? That's why I am not on a Peat diet.

He mentions he was eating when hungry before and that resulted in 3 meals a day with an occasional snack. Ultraprocessed foods were addictive to his brain and so he ate more and more often.

I also can't stop thinking about food if I eat fruits ? That's why I am not on a Peat diet.
I wonder why the first guy in the top video gained so much weight, but other guy lost?

Michael Mohn

The Twinky diet guy in the video also lost 20 pounds of muscle and replaced that with A LOT of fat! I can lose a pound a day on a cereal mono diet. I have done plenty of them and I end up slender, with jiggly legs and a lot of cellulite, but hey the scale says I am 20 pounds lighter woo hoo! How very little I knew about weight back then ?
Do you have any evidence for your claim? I followed him and he never mention massive muscle loss.

Michael Mohn

There is a lot of research into hyper palatable foods and olfactory gustatory satiety and this bbc video is very misleading. In short you can say that you need portion control when eating highly processed food and this is something most people learn in childhood. If you start eating very processed foods without portion control while making a movie about the biggest glutton in the Empire things can only go wrong.

Do you have any evidence for your claim? I followed him and he never mention massive muscle loss.
I followed Ray Peat's advice and ditched the starch and fats and upped my protein and gained so much muscle! Yeah do I have any evidence. Here is me and my own experiment in the subject.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals