Ubiome Test. Anybody Try This? Worthwhile?

Philomath

uBiome’s SmartGut™ is the world's first sequencing-based clinical microbiome screening test, providing detailed and accurate information to help you understand your gut health.
www.ubiome.com

Saracatt

uBiome’s SmartGut™ is the world's first sequencing-based clinical microbiome screening test, providing detailed and accurate information to help you understand your gut health.
www.ubiome.com
I did it and my mom did it. Neither one of us got any actionable information from it. At least it was free.

Since it is so new, I'm not sure how much faith to put in it. It isn't like a CDSA.

It tested a number of problematic strains of bacteria, none of which it showed I had. But many of the strains tested were ones I had never heard of.

It also showed adequate levels of what they considered beneficial strains, except for bifido bacteria. I was surprised that they only tested a handful of beneficial strains though.

Seeing as I have been struggling with gut issues for many years, I expected to see more evidence of bad bugs.

DesertRat

I did it several times; I think the most recent was the 4rd. It gave me good feedback on how a Peat-inspired diet has changed my gut biome. The first test was done before starting. The second about 4-6 months later. I had slightly lower diversity of strains. The next test, maybe 2 years later, I had even lower diversity, but I also had slightly lowered fat-burning bacteria due to a fairly low fat diet. The most recent test, is the first I've shown a really normal quantity of all the normally beneficial bacteria, but was very low on all the odd ones that you can't purchase as probiotics. I had a course of antibiotics about 3 months before I did the last one, for whatever that is worth.
The lab is very very slow, at least they were recently with the free test. I had to wait 3 months for the results.

OP
Philomath

Philomath

Thank you!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals