U.S. nurses say they are unprepared to handle Ebola patients

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

CHICAGO (Reuters) - Nurses, the frontline care providers in U.S. hospitals, say they are untrained and unprepared to handle patients arriving in their hospital emergency departments infected with Ebola.

Many say they have gone to hospital managers, seeking training on how to best care for patients and protect themselves and their families from contracting the deadly disease, which has so far killed at least 3,338 people in the deadliest outbreak on record.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has repeatedly said that U.S. hospitals are prepared to handle such patients. Many infectious disease experts agree with that assessment.

http://www.courant.com/health/sns-rt-us ... story.html

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Re: U.S. nurses say they are unprepared to handle Ebola pati

I can relate. I looked up the CDC recommendations for healthcare workers and it is being treated basically as a contact isolation situation although closing the door to the room is advised and a negative air flow room is ideal but not required. The CDC also considers the N95 particulate respirator adequate respiratory protection but right on the respirator box it directly states:
This product has a filter efficiency level of 95% or greater against particulate aerosols free of oil.
There's a lot of unanswered questions that's for sure. When you realize how poor compliance is with basic hand hygiene in healthcare you begin to lose faith that people can actually manage to pull off more complicated isolation measures. Hopefully the threat of contracting a deadly disease might spur people into appropriate action. It's not uncommon for me to have to try three different sinks before I can adequately wash my hands at work (for lack of simple soap and paper towels) so I have little faith that I would be provided with adequate isolation attire. I can see this easily becoming an uncontrollable epidemic although I truly hope not. One does wonder, even if you personally do everything 'right' but your coworker is lax, makes an unintentional mistake or is simply not trained it would put you and others (patients and staff) at an increased risk of infection. When you really research the number of deaths caused by medical error under ordinary circumstances you quickly see why those nurses are right to be concerned on more than one level. Thanks for keeping us posted on the Ebola outbreak Charlie!

You can pick up oil filters (and any other kind) for around the same price from 3M or resellers. Just make sure your mask allows switchable filters.

LucyL

P100's, gloves, more gloves and chlorhexadine gluconate.

Blossom

Forum Supporter

I asked the person in charge of infection control at work about the the Ebola infection control plan and basically got laughed out of the room. I got the sweet smile, a sigh, the eye roll and was informed that it would be easier to become infected with HIV or hep C than Ebola. Needless to say I don't have a whole lot of faith in my employers nonexistent plan to deal with Ebola. :shock: It was such a predictable, arrogant and belittling reply and I suppose I shouldn't have expected anything less from a 'medical' authority.

Blossom said:
I asked the person in charge of infection control at work about the the Ebola infection control plan and basically got laughed out of the room. I got the sweet smile, a sigh, the eye roll and was informed that it would be easier to become infected with HIV or hep C than Ebola. Needless to say I don't have a whole lot of faith in my employers nonexistent plan to deal with Ebola. :shock: It was such a predictable, arrogant and belittling reply and I suppose I shouldn't have expected anything less from a 'medical' authority.

First, then, it was not the plague, absolutely not—by no means: the very utterance of the term was prohibited. Then, it was pestilential fevers: the idea was indirectly admitted in an adjective. Then, it was not the true nor real plague; that is to say, it was the plague, but only in a certain sense; not positively and undoubtedly the plague, but something to which no other name could be affixed. Lastly, it was the plague without doubt, without dispute: but even then another idea was appended to it, the idea of poison and witchcraft, which altered and confounded that conveyed in the word they could no longer repress.

There is no necessity, I imagine, to be well versed in the history of words and ideas, to perceive that many others have followed a similar course. Heaven be praised that there have not been many of such a nature, and of so vast importance, which contradict their evidence at such a price, and to which accessories of such a character may be annexed! It is possible, however, both in great and trifling concerns, to avoid, in great measure, so lengthened and crooked a path, by following the method which has been so long laid down, of observing, listening, comparing, and thinking, before speaking.

But speaking—this one thing by itself—is so much easier than all the others put together, that even we, I say, we men in general, are somewhat to be pitied.

A. Manzoni, The Betrothed (1842), Chapter XXXI, Italian plague of 1629–31​

tankasnowgod

http://www.courant.com/health/sns-rt-us ... story.html

Look at the date on this. They have been running this "pandemic" narrative for a long time. Covid is just a much bigger scale.

Also...... how is 3,338 deaths "the deadliest outbreak on record?" That's a straight up lie. They never heard of Tuberculosis, Malaria, AIDS, Spanish Flu, Cancer, Heart Disease, other Respiratory diseases, and such? Or Hong Kong Flu? Or the original SARS, which is attributed to 18,000 deaths or so worldwide? Those are ones I can think of off the top of my head. You can find at least 30-40 more deadly causes in 2014 alone. And certainly 1,000s over the past few decades if you dig.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Look at the date on this. They have been running this "pandemic" narrative for a long time. Covid is just a much bigger scale.

Also...... how is 3,338 deaths "the deadliest outbreak on record?" That's a straight up lie. They never heard of Tuberculosis, Malaria, AIDS, Spanish Flu, Cancer, Heart Disease, other Respiratory diseases, and such? Or Hong Kong Flu? Or the original SARS, which is attributed to 18,000 deaths or so worldwide? Those are ones I can think of off the top of my head. You can find at least 30-40 more deadly causes in 2014 alone. And certainly 1,000s over the past few decades if you dig.
Yup, I think the prior ones were just test runs, basically probing.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I just wonder what’s coming next…
We have been getting emails at work about outsourcing a large portion my particular role in the company to a central location where they will basically mail patients their medical equipment (CPAP etc) and give instructions via teleconference/telemedicine if they can’t figure it out for themselves!

P

Peatness

I just wonder what’s coming next…
We have been getting emails at work about outsourcing a large portion my particular role in the company to a central location where they will basically mail patients their medical equipment (CPAP etc) and give instructions via teleconference/telemedicine if they can’t figure it out for themselves!
The plague

Last edited by a moderator:

tankasnowgod

The plague

As I stated before, there's already an approved plague vaccine in the US-

Of course, what is that trial going to measure?

"We had zero cases of plague in the vaccine group, and zero in the placebo group. That means there is 0% RRR and ARR."

Good luck with that.

P

Peatness

Of course, I have zero evidence that this is coming

Me: AstraZeneca is conducting clinical trials for a vaccine for the Plague. I find this news disturbing. Do you think this is likely to bring back the disease to the masses?

Covid-vaccine scientists begin plague-jab trial

Dr Peat: They have been working on plague at Fort Detrick along with corona virus, and they were talking about a corona virus vaccine years before they announced the pandemic, so it could be coming up any time.

Last edited by a moderator:

peateats1

Me: AstraZeneca is conducting clinical trials for a vaccine for the Plague. I find this news disturbing. Do you think this is likely to bring back the disease to the masses?

Dr Peat: They have been working on plague at Fort Detrick along with corona virus, and they were talking about a corona virus vaccine years before they announced the pandemic, so it could be coming up any time.
I want off this planet

tankasnowgod

I was thinking it would be harder to re-brand the common cold into the plague...... but maybe not.

Bubonic plague: Patients develop sudden onset of fever, headache, chills, and weakness and one or more swollen, tender and painful lymph nodes (called buboes). This form usually results from the bite of an infected flea. The bacteria multiply in the lymph node closest to where the bacteria entered the human body. If the patient is not treated with the appropriate antibiotics, the bacteria can spread to other parts of the body.

Septicemic plague: Patients develop fever, chills, extreme weakness, abdominal pain, shock, and possibly bleeding into the skin and other organs. Skin and other tissues may turn black and die, especially on fingers, toes, and the nose. Septicemic plague can occur as the first symptom of plague, or may develop from untreated bubonic plague. This form results from bites of infected fleas or from handling an infected animal.

Pneumonic plague: Patients develop fever, headache, weakness, and a rapidly developing pneumonia with shortness of breath, chest pain, cough, and sometimes bloody or watery mucous. Pneumonic plague may develop from inhaling infectious droplets or may develop from untreated bubonic or septicemic plague after the bacteria spread to the lungs. The pneumonia may cause respiratory failure and shock. Pneumonic plague is the most serious form of the disease and is the only form of plague that can be spread from person to person (by infectious droplets).

I mean, good luck convincing anyone they got the plague instead of the dreaded COVID-19. People would probably need a 44+month propaganda campaign to believe that, unless they were developing extreme sepsis symptoms.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom