The Law & Order Admin
OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Ebola victims without symptoms can still be contagious

German doctors show CDC wrong about spread of disease

NEW YORK – A group of German medical doctors in a peer-reviewed medical journal article published by Oxford University Press have challenged a key assumption regarding the Ebola virus repeatedly asserted by Dr. Thomas Frieden, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta.

The researchers found that a patient showing no symptoms of the disease can still transmit a virus like Ebola by air if droplets containing the virus are transmitted to another person by a sneeze or cough.

As WND reported Tuesday, the World Health Organization has admitted that “wet and bigger droplets from a heavily infected individual, who has respiratory symptoms caused by other conditions or who vomits violently could transmit the Ebola virus over a short distance to another nearby person.”

The German physicians, led by Dr. Timm H. Westhoff of the Department of Nephrology at the Carité Campus Benjamin Franklin in Berlin, noted in a virology blog published Feb. 12, 2009, that acute viral infections such as Ebola hemorrhagic fever may cause little or no clinical symptoms in a so-called “inapparent infection” yet may be contagious.

“A well-known example is poliovirus: over 90% are without infections,” Westhoff and his colleagues continued. “During an inapparent infection, sufficient virus replication occurs in the host to induce antiviral antibodies, but not enough to cause disease. Such infections are important for the spread of infection, because they are not easily detected.”

http://www.wnd.com/2014/10/ebola-victim ... ontagious/

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
^

“We have medical models that say a person is capable of secreting a virus like Ebola in bodily fluids before the person displays symptoms of the disease,” he stressed, “and that medical evidence is simply being ignored by Dr. Frieden and the CDC when the public is told repeatedly it’s OK to let Ebola-infected people fly as long as they don’t have a fever.”

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Worried about Ebola? Don’t Fret, We Have an Empty Gesture for You

The latest anti-Ebola screening measures are entirely for show. As the New York Times reports today:

Federal health officials will require temperature checks for the first time at five major American airports for people arriving from the three West African countries hardest hit by the deadly Ebola virus. However, health experts said the measures were more likely to calm a worried public than to prevent many people with Ebola from entering the country . . .

Experts cautioned that a temperature check on arrival would almost certainly not have detected that Mr. Duncan had Ebola before he entered the country. The disease typically incubates for eight to 10 days before symptoms, including fever, develop.

On Ebola in the United States, I’m largely anti-panic, but agree with what the panelists were saying on Special Report last night: If there is another case here, you will probably see the travel restrictions that we are currently told are impossible.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/38 ... rich-lowry

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Wow! CDC with full moon suits on boarding a plane yesterday in Punta Cana

Ebola Scare on US Airways Flight 850 from Philadelphia to Punta Cana - October 8th 2014

[BBvideo 560,340:n20pa0i3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJhWVsx1U8c[/BBvideo]

Blossom

Forum Supporter
The cdc workers wear far superior protective apparel than what they recommend for healthcare/medical workers. It's interesting that they need 'full moon suits' but hospital staff is supposed to be fine with basic PPE (paper gown, gloves and a surgical mask). :evil:

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Well, like Pixie says over at PFI: "Watch what they do, not what they say."

LucyL

The air-evac plane used to bring Brantly to the US is currently heading to Hawaii. There was a suspect case there but they supposedly ruled Ebola out last week, without testing though.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
LucyL said:
The air-evac plane used to bring Brantly to the US is currently heading to Hawaii. There was a suspect case there but they supposedly ruled Ebola out last week, without testing though.
That's not encouraging. :shock:

G

gummybear

resized_third-world-success-kid-meme-generator-live-in-congo-didn-t-get-ebola-e03122.jpg

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Blossom

Forum Supporter
It's starting. I think we will see more in the coming days. I told my office mate last week that I thought new cases would start to surface by the 15th of this month. :cry: I just based that on 3 weeks from the date Mr. Duncan was initially sent home from the ER.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Lord help us.

:pray

tara

Take care Blossom, and anyone else working in health care facilities.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
tara said:
Take care Blossom, and anyone else working in health care facilities.
Thanks, you too if it comes to your area of the world.

LucyL

Blossom said:
It's starting. I think we will see more in the coming days. I told my office mate last week that I thought new cases would start to surface by the 15th of this month. :cry: I just based that on 3 weeks from the date Mr. Duncan was initially sent home from the ER.

The ebola virus is an enveloped virus, which means chlorhexidine gluconate will kill it. If for some reason a person found themselves in an area of potential exposure, and inadequate protection, coating any exposed skin with chlorhexidine gluconate would be very important.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thanks Lucy! I remember you mentioning that along with the N100 respirator. I think it's time for me to order these items to have on hand. I can't thank you enough.

Lin

Lucy, does this mean it would be good to carry a small bottle of mouthwash to apply to exposed skin if on a plane or somewhere we might be exposed? Or is mouthwash not strong enough?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I'm buying a soap called hibiclens from Amazon (thanks to LucyL). They also sell chlorhexidine gluconate solution by the gallon.

aquaman

Blossom said:

So it should be spreading to Europe soon via the Spanish woman who contracted it 2-3 weeks ago from the missionaries who died