Tyw. Said Something That Makes Alot Of Sense!

Drareg

:grinning:
I thought that you were addressing the whole post because you replied to the whole thing.
But anyway, I guess that this is one more reason why people have difficulty in agreeing with an argument made by someone that they don't trust, and so they shut down to everything that the person has to say and the priority of criticism is the person, or it's Eminem attack first. Words professed by someone that seems illegit or manipulative are not usually welcome, "not here, not me", even if those attributes are just a false perception. For example, I have already contacted a few members in a playful way but, depending on their state, some of them interpret it as if I was mocking them.
That's why West has to constantly remind us to address the discussion itself, and not those that are involved in it.

It's unnecessary in my opinion to put a disclaimer on every statement made in a discussion that it's subject to errors to prevent it from becoming too assertive and imperative, healthy people have healthy discussions. When people are actively supressing the other side of the story is usually because they have too much to lose in case they're wrong. It can happen to someone that represents a big corporation, a forum member that's too caught up in the moment, etc.
But I and some other members do it anyways because it brings some lightness to it: just one more opinion; or as marcar72 would put, my 2 cents.

I think that this is also why some members only write something when they're asked: it's much different if your crowd is willing to hear and receptive (unpopular blog is a good example) or they happen to be passing by and you stated something to them, something way more exhausting because you're challenged the whole time, the crowd is almost always seeking mistakes.
Reminded me of people watching someone parking: instead of helping, you just hold your breath and wait for it..

And at this point the many thousands nit picking Ray Peat on a daily basis for over 5 years.
Let's leave this,disagree to agree. :grinning:

Luann

"....and i find ig very wrong to push yourself in mass if you are naturally introvert...in todays world everyone is strivinb to be extrovert stubbornly but its wrong....there is nothing wrong in being introvert its totally natural and having just a few good true friends girlfriend and joy with family members....."

Yes, I feel that people are pushed outside of a zone that makes them happy in most public spaces. Even the amount of grace, politeness we show strangers in a check-out lane exceeds how we feel about them, what our instincts say. Of course we can be civil.

But it's like there's this womb each person has inside themself that they want to be in but are forced out.

Xisca

Great, I found this before posting a new thread...
I have been prescribed SR9009
and hesitate to take it.

REV-ERB alpha is interesting though, because there is a synthetic substance that is a direct agonist of the expression of this protein (ie: increases production).

This substance is SR9009, aka: Stenabolic in physique obsessed circles, and is marketed to those people as a fat-burning drug, capable of boosting aerobic performance without exercise, and raising metabolic rate, while increasing use of both carbs and fat.

In terms of medical use, there is good promise for this to fix issues like hyperlipidemia, and IMO, stuff like diabetes as well.
While I do not recommend any use of these drugs (especially because they are very expensive, and people won't know how to use them), I like the fact that they are around, and used by actual humans, such that we can see their effects. As far as the research goes, everything has gone exactly as the theory would predict, with restoration of metabolic capacity in those who have depressed levels of the REV-ERB proteins, and a slight (5%) boost in metabolism in those who are using this to take them to supra-physiological levels of REV-ERB.

http://xsports-nutrition.com/en/shop/sarm-sr9009/
SR-9009 Ethyl-3-(((4-Chlorobenzyl)((5-Nitrothiophen-2-yl)Methyl)Amino)Ethyl)Pyrrolidin-1-Carboxylat) – 20mg

I do not like the warnings they mention, and why do they say it is for men only?

I think I was prescribed it because of my high lactate levels. Anyway I already knew my life long aerobic glycolisis....
Strange that the elit gene test I had do not test the NR1D1 gene...
What else in the organic acid test can I look for and justify I have depressed levels of the REV-ERB proteins?
I try interprete my labs...
Help Interprete, I Did Organic Acid And Genetic, From Genova

Should I take SR9009?

Xisca

If we're being honest, we must admit that 2/3rds of people could adapt to an Insulin Sensitive phenotype, whereas the other 1/3rds could not, and were likely harmed by this sort of dietary protocol.

See, this is why I keep calling for context, and self-experimentation .....
No way to check before trying?

tyw

Great, I found this before posting a new thread...
I have been prescribed SR9009
and hesitate to take it.

http://xsports-nutrition.com/en/shop/sarm-sr9009/
SR-9009 Ethyl-3-(((4-Chlorobenzyl)((5-Nitrothiophen-2-yl)Methyl)Amino)Ethyl)Pyrrolidin-1-Carboxylat) – 20mg

I do not like the warnings they mention, and why do they say it is for men only?

I think I was prescribed it because of my high lactate levels. Anyway I already knew my life long aerobic glycolisis....
Strange that the elit gene test I had do not test the NR1D1 gene...
What else in the organic acid test can I look for and justify I have depressed levels of the REV-ERB proteins?
I try interprete my labs...
Help Interprete, I Did Organic Acid And Genetic, From Genova

Should I take SR9009?

I do not make any recommendations for supplements.

The warnings on supplements like SR9009 are commonplace for any new drug that has not been subject to testing.

Mechanically speaking, REV-ERB elevation beyond what is normal during mid circadian cycle (10-12 ZT) has not been shown to be harmful in rats, but those are rats. REV-ERB elevation during early and late periods of the circadian cycle definitely constitute circadian mismatch, and all the consequences of other circadian mismatch can occur.

SR9009 seems to act as a direct REV-ERB-alpha ligand, and ideally, any use of the substance should be used only to balance out already depressed REV-ERB-alpha levels. I am not aware of any retail test that can do this, and thus all users of SR9009 are using it without any baseline reference to their own REV-ERB-alpha levels. Most of the users are using it for performance enhancement, and of course, those people have very different levels of acceptable risk tolerance.

----

Regarding insulin sensitivity and carbosis, some of the standard blood markers may predict overall insulin sensitivity. We're talking fasting insulin, fasting glucose, glucose tolerance tests, etc .... If not, only an actual prolonged self experiment can determine if one can actually enter carbosis. As usual, I do not necessarily recommend this sort of thing.

"....and i find ig very wrong to push yourself in mass if you are naturally introvert...in todays world everyone is strivinb to be extrovert stubbornly but its wrong....there is nothing wrong in being introvert its totally natural and having just a few good true friends girlfriend and joy with family members....."

Yes, I feel that people are pushed outside of a zone that makes them happy in most public spaces. Even the amount of grace, politeness we show strangers in a check-out lane exceeds how we feel about them, what our instincts say. Of course we can be civil.

But it's like there's this womb each person has inside themself that they want to be in but are forced out.

The problem is that we're constantly interacting with strangers. For most of human history we lived in close knit communities where everyone knew everyone else.

Small town hospitality isn't fake if you're living in a small town.

Luann

Ya I just complained the other day about how cashiers at walmart handle money that (of course money's gross, it's always gross) but it has types of disease they / I am not safe from, like disease from other gene pools and culture and drug addicts. Never been exposed to or immune from. Of course money's gross but does it have to be that bad

And that's true. small towns used to be how it was. Just the normal state of things

Xisca

I do not make any recommendations for supplements.

ideally, any use of the substance should be used only to balance out already depressed REV-ERB-alpha levels. I am not aware of any retail test that can do this

Ho I am sorry, I had seen you say this before, and I did not even realize I really asked, and actually I know I have to decide and that I just want the max information and no more. So yes, what I thought, no way to know if I need it. I keep it last solution if nothing works.

Xisca

glucose tolerance tests
I had one when I was 18, and my blood glucose was lowering too slowly.
That is why I was on low carb before.
I am looking for the ways to carbosis and not aerobic glycolisis.

Ron J

@haidut @tyw
Or anyone that may know:
If someone is not insulin resistant, and has low cortisol(unless that's unlikely), how would the insulin spike from starch affect you? Would it still cause problems/weight gain? What if with every starch meal you supplement with potassium to achieve the same potassium to sugar ratio in many fruits? Would that cause an insulin response similar to fruits?

Wagner83

@haidut @tyw
Or anyone that may know:
What if with every starch meal you supplement with potassium to achieve the same potassium to sugar ratio in many fruits?
1 kg of potatoes has 4 grams of potassium google says. When eating starch one can try adding fructose , balancing the amount of proteins and fat , exercise some , eat when hungry and play with timing of the meals. I personally don't get weight gain but have often got water retention below and at waist line levels, I'm trying to figure out how to prevent that.

Samurai Drive

Thanks for giving This thread a Quick revive.. I sure miss Tyw’s posts and perspective on things. In almost any discussion I Think: “I wonder what tyw thinks about this...” hope he’s doing well

Has tyw not been on the forum for some time?